F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 10 HU discussion
proTUNING Freaks

09-28-2020, 11:17 AM   #1475
miamipanther
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5

Hi, serge858:

We have ordered two AHD 1080p camera for front and rear, the color is vivid however the image in our AHD camera is not sharp and blurry.

I have tried both front and rear AHD 1080p cameras, the same quality, it's hardly the camera issues.

I also thought it might be unstable power supply, so I have directly connected the cameras to external 12v power supply, no difference; In the setting, both "Not supported" and "AHD-1080p-30HZ" have the same image quality, tested the rest of options, none of them works. Testing with the MCU in post #1313, Any thoughts what might go wrong?

I think I have found perfect solution to hook up both front and rear view camera at the same time. The cameras will engage as OEM, it will stay on as long as PDC is engaged, and rear camera has priority over front camera etc, the front camera will be cut off when rear camera is engaged. Unfortunately the front camera ordered can only be used as rear camera, I have to return and order another. I will post the details wiring when I finished the whole setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge858 View Post
Here's the link to the AHD 1080p I install to all BMW models: https://ali.onl/1FLe
I don't recommend to buy a camera with handle. Usually aftermarket handles are of low quality. Better use oem handle and install universal camera into the oem dummy.
This camera has 170 degrees view, this is not always good, but you can see almost round the corner)
Attached Images

Last edited by miamipanther; 09-28-2020 at 12:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 01:44 PM   #1476
venom_hvx
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by akirax View Post
I've this problem since I've the unit.

Nothing solve the problem, before with Android 9, now with Android 10. I tried all MCU's for my model and still the problem.

Also tried to power the camera with reverse lights, and then with yellow (+12v) from the Android screen (that is the right way) .

You can "manually" make it to work ok if you touch the "PDC" button, then the camera and PDC works ok. This is why I think that the problem is with the MCU that don't send the correct signal to stay at pdc, only send signal to open the "PDC" apk from Android when you're in reverse, then when you put direct it gear disconnects in 3-4 secons. If the Chinesse enginer change this in the MCU then it will work ok.

Also o don't know if is possible to do something with "tasker" apk or another apk, to avoid MCU signal and send the correct signal.

Cheers.
Hi,

Well, Ive entered in the factory settings and in the gear selection Ive changed it to automatic now it works fine. I have selected manual before because my car is manual.

Regards
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 02:05 AM   #1477
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 E70

Quote:
Originally Posted by xirix11 View Post
Thanks for answering, I have tried it and it does not restart. Always black screen
Did you feel a click of the button when resetting? It is not easy to push that button. You might need to remove the screen to reset.
This reset button helped in many similar cases.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 02:24 AM   #1478
akirax
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamipanther View Post
Have you tried to set the camera as "after market camera" instead of "360 camera". In my HU, I have noticed the screen will go back to main menu if the gear is shift off from reverse even the PDC button is on.

But in the "after market camera" setting, it appears the reverse mode is triggered by the reverse gear instead of reverse trigger line. The PDC screen will stay on either in the reverse gear or PDC button pressed.
If I choose "360 Camera" then when I doesn't show nothing when I engange reverse gear. Only works with "aftermaket camera".

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_hvx View Post
Hi,

Well, Ive entered in the factory settings and in the gear selection Ive changed it to automatic now it works fine. I have selected manual before because my car is manual.

Regards
Already tried manual or automatic, but same thing, doesn't work properly.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 02:34 AM   #1479
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Hi, serge858:

We have ordered two AHD 1080p camera for front and rear, the color is vivid however the image in our AHD camera is not sharp and blurry.

I have tried both front and rear AHD 1080p cameras, the same quality, it's hardly the camera issues.

I also thought it might be unstable power supply, so I have directly connected the cameras to external 12v power supply, no difference; In the setting, both "Not supported" and "AHD-1080p-30HZ" have the same image quality, tested the rest of options, none of them works. Testing with the MCU in post #1313, Any thoughts what might go wrong?

I think I have found perfect solution to hook up both front and rear view camera at the same time. The cameras will engage as OEM, it will stay on as long as PDC is engaged, and rear camera has priority over front camera etc, the front camera will be cut off when rear camera is engaged. Unfortunately the front camera ordered can only be used as rear camera, I have to return and order another. I will post the details wiring when I finished the whole setup.
Hi,

The image quality is definitely poor, perhaps even worse than CVBS camera. Are your AHD cameras of GreenYi brand?
I have no clue about wiring for both your cameras, maybe there's the reason. Did you try to connect only backup camera? The same quality?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 02:48 AM   #1480
miamipanther
Rep

Quote:
Hi,

The image quality is definitely poor, perhaps even worse than CVBS camera. Are your AHD cameras of GreenYi brand?
I have no clue about wiring for both your cameras, maybe there's the reason. Did you try to connect only backup camera? The same quality?
Yeah, it's 1080P AHD GreenYi Brand, their custom service is very good.

I did try to connect only backup camera, the same quality though.

Is you camera 1080p or 720p?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 04:49 AM   #1481
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, it's 1080P AHD GreenYi Brand, their custom service is very good.

I did try to connect only backup camera, the same quality though.

Is you camera 1080p or 720p?
Never tried 720p AHD (no sense), only 1080p. Installed more than two dozens of them. ALL were sharp and fine quality. Only one camera had a bad sealant (or too much of carwash pressure), the seller promised to send me an extra one.

That's very strange you have that bad image with 1080p AHD. Ask John (the seller in GreenYi) for his suggestions. Try to test on another Android HU (if you have this possibility). Actually setting AHD 1080p-30Hz is the best one for this camera, also you tested the latest MCU. You may try to re-install MCU also.

Can you pls share your wiring scheme to connect front and rear cams.
I tried different options with Video-IN RCA and DVR RCA, powered both with +12V Rear Camera In, but without success. Neither F_cam app nor DVR didn't worked for me.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 06:17 AM   #1482
cza1zip
Rep
Drives: f20 118d X-drive Urban

Hi guys. I just got my new 10.25" android unit with builtin carplay. Everything seems to work well besides carplay and calling. If I connect to carplay android bt will automatically disconnect and only my OEM BT will stay connected. I suppose that all callings should go thru carplay wifi connection but no. When I called someone, microphone doesn't work. Could someone have similar problem?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 10:53 AM   #1483
miamipanther
Rep

Chatted with GreenYi customer service, which is very good.

I did reinstall the MCU, the same; Since both 1080p cameras have the exact same quality, It is highly unlikely the camera problem.

Yesterday, when I chat with GreenYi, it turned out it can only be up to AHD720p if the camera is configured as front camera. So I am going to return both 1080p and get 720p instead since I need to match both. I am going to test AHD720p, if it doesn't work well, I can at least figure them both as regular CVBS720p.

When I have time in next couple of days, I will draw how to configure the front camera and rear camera and share it, there is no much information how to setup front camera online; It's a simple setup and works just like OEM PDC.

Quote:
Never tried 720p AHD (no sense), only 1080p. Installed more than two dozens of them. ALL were sharp and fine quality. Only one camera had a bad sealant (or too much of carwash pressure), the seller promised to send me an extra one.

That's very strange you have that bad image with 1080p AHD. Ask John (the seller in GreenYi) for his suggestions. Try to test on another Android HU (if you have this possibility). Actually setting AHD 1080p-30Hz is the best one for this camera, also you tested the latest MCU. You may try to re-install MCU also.

Can you pls share your wiring scheme to connect front and rear cams.
I tried different options with Video-IN RCA and DVR RCA, powered both with +12V Rear Camera In, but without success. Neither F_cam app nor DVR didn't worked for me.

Last edited by miamipanther; 09-29-2020 at 11:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 12:31 PM   #1484
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Chatted with GreenYi customer service, which is very good.

I did reinstall the MCU, the same; Since both 1080p cameras have the exact same quality, It is highly unlikely the camera problem.

Yesterday, when I chat with GreenYi, it turned out it can only be up to AHD720p if the camera is configured as front camera. So I am going to return both 1080p and get 720p instead since I need to match both. I am going to test AHD720p, if it doesn't work well, I can at least figure them both as regular CVBS720p.

When I have time in next couple of days, I will draw how to configure the front camera and rear camera and share it, there is no much information how to setup front camera online; It's a simple setup and works just like OEM PDC.
Interesting. If the front camera support is AHD720p max then you could test 1080p camera one by one in backup camera mode. That's what I asked. I suspect it is your (secret?) both cams setup issue rather than cameras.
Hope you will share your secret cameras setup soon))
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 12:46 PM   #1485
miamipanther
Rep

Quote:
Interesting. If the front camera support is AHD720p max then you could test 1080p camera one by one in backup camera mode. That's what I asked. I suspect it is your (secret?) both cams setup issue rather than cameras.
Hope you will share your secret cameras setup soon))
Both of my front and camera are 1080p camera, but the front camera is configed in rear view mode. When I asked GreenYi to config their 1080p camera to front view, I was notified their camera can be only set up to 720p in front view.

I understand you question. Yeah, I have tested both 1080p cameras one by one as rear camera, both have the same quality. I also disconnected everything, and only connected rear view camera, it's also the same. So it should have nothing to do with front and rear camera setup either
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 01:28 PM   #1486
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E87, i3, Taycan Cross Turismo

Quote:
Originally Posted by josehon View Post
Hi Frankly30,

I have a problem with the Call volume, it seems to be similar issue with Media volume. Low volume at start up. Only restore to correct volume if you go into setting and move the Call volume slider. Would you able to correct the Call volume as well.

I am using an Android phone.

Thank in advance.
I have the same problem. Edit: But this is not the same bug as the "silent sound at startup". We did have a similar bug earlier with the Media volume slider, but that were fixed a while ago. You should report this bug to your seller. The chance for a fix will increase with the number of users who report the same bug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankly30 View Post
Hello!
Can you check if the older version does fix the Call Volume at startup too? The version is available here: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...postcount=1300
Unfortunately, version 1 does not fix it either.

Last edited by Mjam; 09-29-2020 at 06:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 08:56 AM   #1487
Frankly30
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirjam View Post
I have the same problem. Edit: But this is not the same bug as the "silent sound at startup". We did have a similar bug earlier with the Media volume slider, but that were fixed a while ago. You should report this bug to your seller. The chance for a fix will increase with the number of users who report the same bug.
Unfortunately this only works if you use their default Launcher and MediaApps, which I dont

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirjam View Post
Unfortunately, version 1 does not fix it either.
Alright thank you! Does the volume not get saved, and you have to adjust it everytime? I put up a test build, mind you still beta. This will read the set volume from your settings and resets them accordingly.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tnn2b7anwv...lease.apk?dl=0
Appreciate 3
Mjam133.50
Stainy265.00
josehon16.50
      09-30-2020, 02:38 PM   #1488
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

I checked the update in comparison to 2.1. , this version 2.2.6 is from 29th September 2020.

Yep, the Update is from yesterday, so pretty the most actual update we ever got

The update can be found here:
https://mega.nz/file/sVwUFCxZ#aPUzad...z3CXLXZ_ZpC5g0

Code:
ro.build.display.id=Ksw-Q-Userdebug_OS_v2.2.6
ro.build.version.incremental=eng.zlx.20200929.140235
ro.system.build.date=Tue Sep 29 14:02:20 CST 2020
ro.system.build.fingerprint=qti/msm8953_64/msm8953_64:10/QKQ1.191008.001/zlx09291402:userdebug/test-keys
Feature: new GUI LEXUS and Alfa Romeo (not functional yet)
Feature: new Carplay App called "Speedplay", the app is still hidden, probably requires new hardware, not much information about it yet
Update: Bluetooth Stack has been updated with new driver, new intent "Bluetooth.status" and Bluetooth Statusbar behavior update -> Full BT still does work.
Update: Wifi Hotspot status check code after boot has been added, probably for better Z-link boot stability ?
Feature: "TP_Update" Function, still hidden, not sure for what hardware this is.
Feature: new Option to select Can Port for Can Bus Data Logging function.
Feature: Steering wheel Track selection at Settings, Track 1 / Track 2, exact function unclear yet.
Feature: Logic that detects first run to install default apps, does now show a "Installing Apps" dialog and block system until apps are installed.

As there are lots of code changes because of the two additional GUI`s the chance is high that i maybe missed some other changes.
So if you find some other changes feel free to report them

The new Settings.
Name:  can_settings.png
Views: 2767
Size:  158.7 KB

LEXUS GUI:
Selection is already available via 2.1.0 Factory_config file.
Name:  lexus1.png
Views: 2783
Size:  626.4 KB
Name:  lexus2.png
Views: 2784
Size:  581.9 KB
Name:  lexus_dashboard.png
Views: 2793
Size:  637.8 KB

Alfa Romeo Gui, Buttons do not work yet, as its difficult to switch back from this GUI as you cant go to factory Settings anymore i don`t do a factory_config for this for now.
Name:  alfaromeo.png
Views: 2747
Size:  338.6 KB

Kri.

Last edited by Kri; 10-02-2020 at 01:34 AM..
Appreciate 5
Mjam133.50
Frankly30137.00
RedErik1023.50
serge858149.50
      09-30-2020, 03:02 PM   #1489
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E87, i3, Taycan Cross Turismo

Quote:
Does the volume not get saved, and you have to adjust it everytime?
The Call Volume slider is not synchronized with the actual volume. Just touch the slider, and it synchronizes. Example: Set the Call volume to 38, and reboot the unit. Now the slider will still show 38, but the actual volume is much lower. Move the slider a bit and back to 38, and correct volume is restored (slider and volume are syncroized).

Quote:
I put up a test build, mind you still beta. This will read the set volume from your settings and resets them accordingly.
Good news, this works! Just one minor issue: If you now touch the slider, it will get out of sync and the actual volume will be very low. Touch it once again, and it syncronizes again. So the behavior seems to be reversed with your fix, but this is much better.

Thank you!
Appreciate 1
Frankly30137.00
      09-30-2020, 06:53 PM   #1490
CharlieWW
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 118i

Does anyone know what does this do in the factory_config file?

<!-- WiFi or 4G 0:4G 1:WiFi -->
<Wifi_or_4G>0</Wifi_or_4G>

Does it set preference for Wifi over 4G for data, or disable the cellular in android (removing phone app/signal strength/Sim setting etc?)

Last edited by CharlieWW; 10-03-2020 at 07:27 PM.. Reason: Clarify question
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 01:06 AM   #1491
mike78
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 530e M Sport (2019)

using carlinkit wireless carplay with navifly android10 and face these problems
1) I cannot hear bmw radio while I am in carplay, when I select apps from home screen radio stops
2) using OEM bluetooth when I select answer button from steering wheel, screen returns to OEM
3) when I start autokit it starts play music from apple music library and I have to stop it every time
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 02:18 AM   #1492
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
I checked the update in comparison to 2.1. , this version 2.2.6 is from 29th September 2020.
Feature: new Option to select Can Port for Can Bus Data Logging function.

Kri.
Hi Kri,

Do you have an idea what purpose is for the feature "Collect CAN BUS Data" to be in the Factory settings?

I'm tired to warn folks NOT to tick this feature occasionally or for purpose. The HU gets stuck after that, the CPU overheats sometimes, iDrive is lagging, etc. And no possibility to stop that process even after changing the setting back or resetting the HU. Only MCU update helps to normalise the system.

And now this feature has two options Can1 and Can2, which increases the danger to get SW problems.
Appreciate 1
      10-01-2020, 08:45 AM   #1493
murzik
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 550ix

I can confirm that Bluetooth still works in version 2.2.6. At least I am still able to use my radar detector connected to HU.
Appreciate 2
      10-01-2020, 12:28 PM   #1494
g35mt
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW m3 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by murzik View Post
I can confirm that Bluetooth still works in version 2.2.6. At least I am still able to use my radar detector connected to HU.
i enable the bluetooth but every reboot, my odblink as for permission to bluetooth. after i allow then it work. Is this normal behavior?

I don't have to use the search rec trick after i enable it. Just that after reboot, any application that need access to bluetooth, i have to allow it again.
Appreciate 1
      10-01-2020, 02:08 PM   #1495
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
Hi Kri,

Do you have an idea what purpose is for the feature "Collect CAN BUS Data" to be in the Factory settings?

I'm tired to warn folks NOT to tick this feature occasionally or for purpose. The HU gets stuck after that, the CPU overheats sometimes, iDrive is lagging, etc. And no possibility to stop that process even after changing the setting back or resetting the HU. Only MCU update helps to normalise the system.

And now this feature has two options Can1 and Can2, which increases the danger to get SW problems.
This is probably only for (Developer) debugging.
Most Headunits do have two can transceivers, seems they now have splitted the logging.

I did a small test at least for 2.2.6 the system does work instantly normal again as soon as logging is disabled again.
On some older Units there was an "issue" that the can logging button function was inverted, so when enabled it was disabled in realty or the switch did nor react anymore at all.
But for now it was working fine on my HU.

When enabled, the Unit does create a log file at the internal SDCARD Folder (not to an external plugged in one !) which catches all can messages.
About 5 seconds do result in 20kb filesize.
The log file does only contain can raw messages, so without any DBC`s its not usable for us.

Name:  canlog.jpg
Views: 2546
Size:  212.1 KB

Kri
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 09:08 PM   #1496
josehon
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 Apline White 328i E93 6MT

Quote:
Unfortunately this only works if you use their default Launcher and MediaApps, which I dont

Alright thank you! Does the volume not get saved, and you have to adjust it everytime? I put up a test build, mind you still beta. This will read the set volume from your settings and resets them accordingly.
Humm, somehow it did not work for me.
Should I uninstall the ver 1.1 and install this?

I will do some more test tomorrow.

Thanks
Appreciate 0