F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Gyeon Tire Q2. Leading by a mile.
proTUNING Freaks

09-18-2019, 07:01 AM   #1
RoShambolt
Captain
Rep
Drives: Looking

I've been detailing for 15 years now and used literally hundreds of different products over the years.

As some know I've recently been starting to use Gyeon products from a value perspective, after always being a Gtechniq fan boy since moving to coatings three years ago. I've been finding that although the Gyeon products are better value they are proving to also be superior in my experience so far.

So I thought I would give a recommendation of the Gyeon Q2 Tire as it literally destroys previous tyre dressings I have used like Gtechniq T2 and T1, megs endurance,Zymol. It goes on without leaving any sticky residue, looks very factory.

After two and a half years of dressing build up on my tyres they were looking quite claggy with a lot of greasy mess in between the sidewall detail. They do a dedicated tyre cleaner that I used, this stripped all the mess off that MPC and APC couldn't shift.

The dressing went on easily and goes a long way, it instantly made the tyre look brand new with no mess, so far it's lasted a wash with a pressure washer and lots of heavy rain, I'm thinking I will be getting two to three months out of each application even with washes between.

The Gtechniq stuff and other previous brands would wash off in the rain pretty much and would never last a pressure wash. Meg's endurance would last a little longer but was very very sticky and messy and prone to sling. Also it would eventually start to brown.

I don't often bother making recommendations for this kind of thing as a lot of it is down to personal choice with detailing. But this stuff is like nothing else. I'm not affiliated with Gyeon or clean your car.co.uk, other detailing suppliers sell the product too.

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/gyeon...BoCmdUQAvD_BwE

After applying a month ago.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Wills28654.50
      09-18-2019, 07:13 AM   #2
Hugrov
Captain
Rep
Drives: F36 LCI

Thanks for the recommendation, I use Megs Endurance but it's horrible stuff to apply and prone to sling as you rightly say, I'll give the Q2 a try
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 07:19 AM   #3
davyk31
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS :-) & F40 M135i

Fling from the tyre dressing is my issue. Especially as one car is white and no matter what product I use or how carefully i apply I still get fling up the side.

Is this stuff good for no fling.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 07:28 AM   #4
RoShambolt
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugrov View Post
Thanks for the recommendation, I use Megs Endurance but it's horrible stuff to apply and prone to sling as you rightly say, I'll give the Q2 a try
No problem, you won't be disappointed. I recommend the tyre clean too as it gives it a perfectly bare surface for it to bond to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyk31 View Post
Fling from the tyre dressing is my issue. Especially as one car is white and no matter what product I use or how carefully i apply I still get fling up the side.

Is this stuff good for no fling.
Yes excellent with regards to that, obviously if you over apply and leave excess product on you will, but if you apply as per the instructions with a small square of microfibre and really work it in, then go back and buff with microfibre to remove excess and give the factory look I can guarantee you won't get sling like the others. It seems to bond with the tyre like a coating rather than a dressing that sits on the top that can then be slung off.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 07:32 AM   #5
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Interesting, we had Mrs JNW1's new Cooper S detailed shortly after delivery a couple of months ago and, having done a bit of research and seen some good reviews, I opted for a Gyeon ceramic coating rather than G-Techniq. The acid test will obviously be how long it lasts but we're very happy with the results so far!

The bloke who did the work also suggested using Gyeon Wet Coat as a top-up as and when the beading becomes less pronounced but said in the meantime give it a go on my car to see how it works. Mine's only ever had normal polish (so no ceramic coating or anything like that) and I have to say the Wet Coat is quite effective and amazingly easy to apply. From what I gather it will need re-doing every two or three months but given how easy it is to do that's no hardship!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 07:33 AM   #6
Alscoob
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G31 540i M Sport Edition

Blimey if that's after 1 month I'll give it a go.

Tried the Meguires stuff horrid, moved to the Autoglym instant tyre dressing spray, was OK but didn't last long & they have stopped making it I believe so tried their Gel.... lasts longer but not easy to apply thinly even with a proper applicator.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 08:24 AM   #7
RoShambolt
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscoob View Post
Blimey if that's after 1 month I'll give it a go.

Tried the Meguires stuff horrid, moved to the Autoglym instant tyre dressing spray, was OK but didn't last long & they have stopped making it I believe so tried their Gel.... lasts longer but not easy to apply thinly even with a proper applicator.
To get the maximum durability the directions say to heat the surface of the tyre with a hairdryer to "open" the pores of the tyre before application.

It's not often a product stands out by so much so thought it worth a recommendation.

I've only ever found one other product like it to stand out over the rest, although in a different area and that was Blackfire midnight sun paste wax, amazing stuff. But then I moved to coatings.
Appreciate 1
Alscoob2110.00
      09-18-2019, 08:27 AM   #8
aquazi
Major
Rep
Drives: 18 M4C

Quote:
I also hate to apply megs... on a sponge it will last maybe 8-10 applications and the sponge is destroyed.

Much rather have a spray dressing.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 08:29 AM   #9
RoShambolt
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquazi View Post
Quote:
I also hate to apply megs... on a sponge it will last maybe 8-10 applications and the sponge is destroyed.

It's just so bloody sticky!!! It's like applying golden syrup to the tyres.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 09:14 AM   #10
TodmordenLad
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi A4 Avant

yep, I've been using it for a couple of years, it's a very good product. You don't need to apply much and it lasts.
      09-18-2019, 09:58 AM   #11
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

I might give this a go as the megs stuff is rubbish flings everywhere and never dries no matter what I do.
      09-18-2019, 12:24 PM   #12
RoShambolt
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
I might give this a go as the megs stuff is rubbish flings everywhere and never dries no matter what I do.
You won't be disappointed. Definitely recommend the tyre cleaner for a fresh start.

I've had the same experience with megs endurance. That's why I went over to the Gtechniq T1 or T2. Both looked ok but didn't last long.

I think value wise Gyeon G2 is no more expensive but seems to last bloody ages while looking very very good at the same time.
Appreciate 1
Wills28654.50
      09-18-2019, 02:14 PM   #13
davyk31
Major General
Rep

How often do you need to use the tyre cleaner?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 02:48 PM   #14
RoShambolt
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyk31 View Post
How often do you need to use the tyre cleaner?
I've only used it once clear off all the old dressings and muck. I would say looking at how it goes on and lasts you might need to use the tyre cleaner every 3/4 months.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 03:28 AM   #15
skipraider
Captain
Rep
Drives: F31 BMW 335i

I'm another that uses the sticky Meguires, i'll give the Gyeon a go.

And if your really anal, there's a daily tyre dressing:

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/gyeon...ALw_wcB#183=37

Last edited by skipraider; 09-19-2019 at 04:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 02:34 AM   #16
aquazi
Major
Rep
Drives: 18 M4C

Just ordered some - £12.95 so less than Megs!

Will have to wait a couple of weeks to give it a go.
Appreciate 1
      09-20-2019, 03:34 PM   #17
davyk31
Major General
Rep

Ordered mine on Thursday and arrived today so great service from Cleanyourcar. Got both the cleaner and the shine.

Really hope it works as washed the Macan last weekend and did the tyres with another product that is not meant to fling. It sat in the garage all week and I wiped the tyres with a microfibre and hey presto plenty of fling down the side. So next time I will be using these new products and see how it goes.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 03:35 PM   #18
Broncho
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: Chav white Mercedes

Bought some of this jazz off of the back of this thread, cheers
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2019, 03:09 AM   #19
robwils
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquazi View Post

If that’s the only issue , just cut up a 50p sponge into sections ?, use it once or twice and chuck ?
      09-21-2019, 03:13 AM   #20
robwils
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNW1 View Post
Interesting, we had Mrs JNW1's new Cooper S detailed shortly after delivery a couple of months ago and, having done a bit of research and seen some good reviews, I opted for a Gyeon ceramic coating rather than G-Techniq. The acid test will obviously be how long it lasts but we're very happy with the results so far!

The bloke who did the work also suggested using Gyeon Wet Coat as a top-up as and when the beading becomes less pronounced but said in the meantime give it a go on my car to see how it works. Mine's only ever had normal polish (so no ceramic coating or anything like that) and I have to say the Wet Coat is quite effective and amazingly easy to apply. From what I gather it will need re-doing every two or three months but given how easy it is to do that's no hardship!
Wet coat is great stuff, recommended on forensic detailing too as one of his favs. I use it all the time. Easy to use too. Can go even further if you spray onto panel and spread with an applicator before rinsing off.
      10-11-2019, 11:41 AM   #21
RoShambolt
Captain
Rep

So nearly two months since the first application of Gyeon Q2 tire, after a reset clean with Gyeon tire cleaner.

It was still looking very good after a month, today at just short of two months it looked like it was starting to drop off a bit, the car was very dirty, I snow foamed the car, then re-cleaned with the tyres Gyeon tire cleaner, after leaving the tyres to dry and then buffing with a dry microfibre, I was left with the following.

I think it still looks pretty good, but not freshly dressed look like some like, I applied a little more, again no sticky mess to deal with. It definitely outlasts any other dressing I've used and looks very good.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-11-2019, 02:49 PM   #22
davyk31
Major General
Rep

I’m really not finding it lasts well at all. A bit of rain or even a few miles and it looks like nothing is applied to the tyres.
Appreciate 0