F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > BMW Connected iOS App & Apple Watch
proTUNING Freaks

09-06-2018, 03:56 PM   #1
sdevine89
Rep
Drives: F30 318i Sport

BMW Connected iOS App & Apple Watch

Anyone had problems getting the Apple Watch app working. It tells me to log in using the app on my phone but when i open the phone app there doesn't seem to be anywhere to log in?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2018, 06:56 PM   #2
sdevine89
Rep
Drives: F30 318i Sport

Bump. Anyone any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2018, 09:02 PM   #3
LongRuf
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 328d

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 10:28 AM   #4
QuikSilver_
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 F36 M Sport

Garage List
OP, I had that issue yesterday after setting up my new Apple Watch Series 4. I force closed the app on my phone and watch and I think that did the trick.

Now I'm concerned about the functionality. As far as the remote controls on the watch, I'm only able to see:

Climate Control
-Activate

Doors
-Lock

On the Watch App Store, in the screenshots it shows where users can lock/unlock, flash lights, horn, etc. Basically all of the same remote controls that are in the iOS app.

Has anyone been able to do more than just lock or activate the ventilation on Apple Watch?
      01-29-2019, 12:17 PM   #5
vp
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MY18 430GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpjustinn View Post
OP, I had that issue yesterday after setting up my new Apple Watch Series 4. I force closed the app on my phone and watch and I think that did the trick.

Now I'm concerned about the functionality. As far as the remote controls on the watch, I'm only able to see:

Climate Control
-Activate

Doors
-Lock

On the Watch App Store, in the screenshots it shows where users can lock/unlock, flash lights, horn, etc. Basically all of the same remote controls that are in the iOS app.

Has anyone been able to do more than just lock or activate the ventilation on Apple Watch?
Force press on your watch on each tile to reveal more remote options.
Appreciate 2
jmg18649.50
      01-29-2019, 12:26 PM   #6
QuikSilver_
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 F36 M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpjustinn View Post

Climate Control
-Activate

Doors
-Lock

Force press on your watch on each tile to reveal more remote options.
Well that helped a little! On the second tile, force pressing reveals Horn and Lights. On the fourth tile, force pressing reveals Horn, Lights, and Lock (pictured below).
Attached Images

01-29-2019, 01:02 PM   #7
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdevine89 View Post
Anyone had problems getting the Apple Watch app working. It tells me to log in using the app on my phone but when i open the phone app there doesn't seem to be anywhere to log in?
I had this problem today. It probably has to reset due to the recent apple watch os update. I just opened the app on my iphone and even though I was already logged in it took maybe 30 seconds for my watch to sync up. Not sure why it took so long. Just let it sit. I did hard press the face to see if there was any options, but there were none. But maybe it helped?

Anyone know how to switch between cars in the watch? I constantly have to go to the iphone app to switch cars!

Wish list: add the Connected app as a complication!

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 10:29 AM   #8
Randall
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G01 30i, E91 320dA

Currently app on watch is not working at all
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 11:09 AM   #9
CajunBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i and X1, Chrysler Van

I like the watch app, but as stated above it takes a bit to sync up. It doesn't seem to sync automatically. So sometimes when you want to use it, it only opens to the last time synced. I just checked. I had not used the watch app in a while and it had the last date opened which was two weeks ago. Took about a minute to sync and now we are current. I have used the lock feature and where is my car feature on the watch. I have the newest watch OS and the 3rd version of the watch.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2019, 09:33 AM   #10
PTWithy
Registered
Rep
Drives: x3

The Watch app is a last century app that is really just a remote for the phone app. If you thought you were going to control your car with your Apple Watch 3 or 4 using the watch’s cellular connection, forget it.

In addition, the Watch app can only lock the car. THERE IS NO UNLOCK! What a sorry excuse for an app.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 05:09 AM   #11
gadgetrowe
Registered
Rep
Drives: 430d

mine didnt but now does

I've had the same issues as all the above on the watch app - and left feedback for them in the phone app... not that it seems to do any use.
HOWEVER - today i tried the force press on the watch (after reading this thread) and on the 2nd and last tiles i now have the unlock feature back!? No idea when this was added back in but its there now.
Mine also takes a while to update and only does it when my phone has been plugged in using the USB in the car. It doesn't update fuel usage etc by Bluetooth or remotely, it has to be plugged in to USB.

far from ideal.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 08:15 PM   #12
CajunBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i and X1, Chrysler Van

The concept is good, but I can't seem to figure out how to update the info on the watch. For example I haven't used the watch app since October. I loaded it today and it says updated Oct 24th. I know where car was on Oct 24th, but not very helpful today. After 10 or so mins it does update and the various features then work. They work reasonably well once the watch updates to the current phone info.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 11:21 PM   #13
GenXer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a bat out of hell.

Garage List
I can get the phone app to work but it doesn't start the car. I haven't been able to get the Apple Watch to work. Similarly, the Alexa skill does the same thing while you're at home. However, Mercedes ME has Alexa and SIRI remote start function. I wonder why it's not available on the BMW app.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2019, 02:48 PM   #14
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW F36

What exactly is anyone using this AppleWatch app for? Generally - I never figured in which cases one would choose to use a watch app instead of pulling the phone and doing it quicker and easier...
      11-16-2019, 11:35 PM   #15
GenXer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a bat out of hell.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhigh View Post
What exactly is anyone using this AppleWatch app for? Generally - I never figured in which cases one would choose to use a watch app instead of pulling the phone and doing it quicker and easier...
Sometimes I don't bring the phone with me. But without remote start, the app is quite useless. All it does is vent, lock/unlock door and check fuel level. My Apple watch has cellular built in so it will do what my iPhone would. I was able to install the app onto the watch (eventually) and use all the functons available. However, it will not pair to the Bluetooth phone function of the car.
Appreciate 0