F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > 428i Auto paddle shifters retrofit and coding. Darlington area
Extreme Powerhouse

07-21-2021, 10:09 AM   #1
Alfybaby21
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i

428i Auto paddle shifters retrofit and coding. Darlington area

Hi! My F32 came with a standard sport wheel without paddles, I'm looking for someone in the Darlington/Middlesbrough/Newcastle area to fit and code an identical wheel with paddles that I bought on eBay.

Ive tried most people in the area but most won't help for some reason. I'm willing to give it a go with myself but have read that people have bricked their cars and can't afford to be without a car as I need it for work.

Can anyone point me in the direction of someone who could help? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2021, 11:00 AM   #2
MHF30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfybaby21 View Post
Hi! My F32 came with a standard sport wheel without paddles, I'm looking for someone in the Darlington/Middlesbrough/Newcastle area to fit and code an identical wheel with paddles that I bought on eBay.

Ive tried most people in the area but most won't help for some reason. I'm willing to give it a go with myself but have read that people have bricked their cars and can't afford to be without a car as I need it for work.

Can anyone point me in the direction of someone who could help? Thanks
If you do go the DIY route, the things to watch out for are having to code the airbag and whether you have the required cable for paddle shifters. When I got my MSport wheel installed, the guy I bought it from had to code the dual stage airbag for me even though I already had a dual stage airbag. You can only do this using the specific BMW software per my understanding.

Coding the paddles themselves is very easy using Bimmercode as long as you have the cable pre-wired from the factory. Kies motorsports has a pretty good video detailing the install:

Appreciate 0