F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Exhaust system that doesn't delete the valve actuator
GetBMWParts

07-20-2021, 09:39 AM   #1
CamTaylor11
Rep
Drives: 2016 435i M Sport (Manual)

Exhaust system that doesn't delete the valve actuator

Hey guys I need help picking an exhaust system that doesn't delete the valve actuator.

I'm currently driving a 2016 435i Manual with VRSF downpipe, intercooler, and charge pipe with a BMS cold air intake on BootMod3 stage 2 tune with aggressive burbles.

I've tuned the car to have the valve still closed on comfort (I switch to comfort when driving through my neighborhood at night) and in sport mode it stays open all the time because I love hearing the pops and burbles. I don't have anything done to the exhaust except the downpipe. I wanted to get more aggressive burbles so I was thinking about an exhaust system but I down want to take away from the car being able to manually switch the valve open and close just by being able to flip between sport and comfort because I like the entire attitude of the car changing not just the valve. Is there an exhaust system or a way to build an exhaust system so that I am able to have the valve work with the car still or if I get an exhaust system do I have no choice but to delete/bypass the valve therefore I have no control over it? Or is there a system that works with the ECU so that in can open and close between sport and comfort? Please help, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2021, 10:58 AM   #2
alohasurftoad
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 440i gran coupe w/mppsk

Remus axle back
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2021, 11:47 AM   #3
visionaut
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435iX GC & 1976 2002

Turner makes a system that uses the OEM valve too.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2021, 12:07 PM   #4
njdangelo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 x5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohasurftoad View Post
Remus axle back
+1 on this... sexiest exhaust available for the b58 at least.... in my totally biased opinion.
      07-20-2021, 01:04 PM   #5
oranga
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335 6mt

I wanted the same as you, so I compiled a list of valved exhausts for the F30 which helped me make my decision:

BMW M-Performance
Valvetronic Designs
AFE (they have two for the F30, one uses the valve, one does not)
Remus
Fabspeed
Akrapovic
Frequency Intelligent (vacuum operated valve)
Armytrix (vacuum operated valve)

All except the last two on the list reuse the factory electronic valve. The FI and armytrix ones use a vacuum line to operate the valve and you can use a remote to manually open/close them, so you still get that flexibility, but it isn't tied to your drive modes anymore.

I am writing this as I sit here eagerly awaiting the arrival of my Valvetronic exhaust.
Appreciate 2
      07-20-2021, 03:27 PM   #6
oranga
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionaut View Post
Turner makes a system that uses the OEM valve too.
I can't believe I forgot to include that one. Especially since I bought it and returned it!

But yes, i bought the axle-back only and 1) did not really get much difference in sound - with the valve open or closed and 2) had some fitment issues with the exhaust

Talking to another member here, it seems like both issues would be solved if i had gotten the full catback, but I wasn't interested in that so I returned it.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2021, 12:17 PM   #7
CamTaylor11
Rep
Drives: 2016 435i M Sport (Manual)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oranga View Post
I wanted the same as you, so I compiled a list of valved exhausts for the F30 which helped me make my decision:

BMW M-Performance
Valvetronic Designs
AFE (they have two for the F30, one uses the valve, one does not)
Remus
Fabspeed
Akrapovic
Frequency Intelligent (vacuum operated valve)
Armytrix (vacuum operated valve)

All except the last two on the list reuse the factory electronic valve. The FI and armytrix ones use a vacuum line to operate the valve and you can use a remote to manually open/close them, so you still get that flexibility, but it isn't tied to your drive modes anymore.

I am writing this as I sit here eagerly awaiting the arrival of my Valvetronic exhaust.
Let me know when you get your valvetronic kit. I want to hear it if that's fine with you.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2021, 10:41 AM   #8
Wires
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

I just cut the valve off the OEM and welded it into the left elbow / tip of my Active Autowerke.

Many don't natively have the valve integrated, but for a couple bucks at a muffler shop, they can make it so.
Appreciate 0