F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Comfort Access Suddenly not working on 2013 335??
proTUNING Freaks

01-24-2021, 12:32 PM   #1
rassem2e
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 335i xdrive

Comfort Access Suddenly not working on 2013 335??

Hello all,

I drive a 2013 335i Xdrive. My comfort access has been working fine since ownership, but suddenly, it completely stopped working all together on both my passenger and driver doors. I know its not my fob, because my push start works just fine and my vehicle detects when the key isn't in the car.

The lock/unlock buttons work just fine too. It's only the touch to lock/pull to unlock that suddenly went out. I cant figure out why. My battery is in good condition, but I do use a trickle charger at night sometimes as I live in Canada and the weather can drop significantly at night. I cant see how a fuse may be blown as it randomly happened a couple of days ago. Ive been using the trickle charger for a while. Any ways to reset comfort access maybe to get it working? Anything helps!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2021, 09:08 AM   #2
john07
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw i8

The key goes through the communication with the car, and if it has not been used for a while, a car reminder may be required. Here's how the key syncs: 1) When the key doesn't work, get in the car and close the door. 2) Insert the mylowes key into the groove of the steering column 3) Press and hold the lock / unlock button on the dashboard, do not press the brake pedal 4) while holding the lock / unlock button, press the start/stop button to turn it to the "on" position. This is when all the mykohlscharge indicator lights come on. Hold down the lock / unlock button. 5) After about 10 seconds, a gong will sound. At this point, you can release the lock button and remove the key from the ignition. 6) Lock the car with the buttons on the key and let the car sleep (about 2 minutes). Now try using Comfort Access.

Last edited by john07; 09-11-2021 at 12:53 PM..
Appreciate 0