F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Just put in my order with PSI Orlando for Bc Racing coilovers & install.
Extreme Powerhouse

12-18-2018, 08:11 PM   #1
LuckyB
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 328D

Just put in my order with PSI Orlando for Bc Racing coilovers & install.

This thread is to document my experience in case anyone had interest in PSI Orlando or BC coilovers.
I've been stalking this upgrade since I purchased my f30 in September of this year. I went wheels first to try and satisfy my craving, but only worked for a short amount of time and I found myself looking shortly after. I took a little time to research companies in the area along with different coilovers. The shop had a good name in Central FL and I saw on their Facebook that they recently held a toy drive! Not to go too deep, but coming from a modest background those sort of things impress me.
I ultimately went with this brand because they are based right across the street from PSI and figure if I had a problem with labor or part I can consolidate the trip. I'm also sure being right next to each other the have some sort of working relationship.
I actually called PSI today just for an oil change and after talking to Alexis, whom has always been professional yet charming, I found out about their end of year sale. My dilemma was that I was heading out of town for the rest of the year on vacation and didn't have time to take advantage. Alexis was nice enough to accommodate me by letting me lock in my rate with purchase of parts and scheduling installation when I return.

My impression of this company at this point is an establishment that is willing to work for the customer and great customer service. I hope their workmanship reflects this as well.

I will report back shortly.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 08:19 PM   #2
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

Thanks for sharing your approach and experience to select BC Racing coilovers.

I also considered BC Racing coilovers in the past among several coilovers but eventually selected KW Street Comfort. Main reason: I wanted to maintain OEM suspension height as much as possible.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2018, 11:32 AM   #3
LuckyB
Enlisted Member
Rep

I can see that. These are def not the way to go if looking for stock ride height.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2018, 04:53 PM   #4
zole2112
Modder of everything I own
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Xdrive

I'm interested in your experience as I was seriously considering BC Racing as well. I finally ended up with CATuned and I'm happy with them. I am looking forward to your experience to compare with my own.
2013 BMW 335xi F30 N55 PWG/VRSF DP/ER CP/Injen CAI/AA FMIC/JB4 map 7/Fuel= E50 w/ E85:93oct/Stock LPFP & HPFP/CATuned coilovers/Megan Racing Rear Swaybar/Powerflex Rear Subframe Bushing Inserts/Dual aFe Power Mach Force Mufflers/Resonator Delete/MHD & BMS Race BEF
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2018, 01:38 PM   #5
jaysal555
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 428i SULEV

Awesome. I'm in Orlando as well and looking to go the same route. Especially as PSI just moved the shop across the street from BC Racing.

Did you get the Swift spring upgrade and was the price comparable to that online or did you pay full retail?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2018, 12:35 PM   #6
LuckyB
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysal555 View Post
Awesome. I'm in Orlando as well and looking to go the same route. Especially as PSI just moved the shop across the street from BC Racing.

Did you get the Swift spring upgrade and was the price comparable to that online or did you pay full retail?

Thanks!
I didn't see the swift spring upgrade for f30 or else i'd consider as ride quality is a major concern. Has your research shown anything?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 10:56 PM   #7
jaysal555
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 428i SULEV

Any update?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 02:14 PM   #8
LuckyB
Enlisted Member
Rep

I apologize for not updating sooner. I went on vacation to Seattle over the holiday. My son dropped us off at the airport and ended up putting gas in my diesel car. Long story short Fields BMW of Daytona wanted $15k and I PSI got it up and running perfectly for under $2k. Needless to say they are a life saver. I got the car back a few weeks ago and wanted to test drive it before having the coilovers installed. Put about 600 miles on it and I figure i'm in the clear, so I headed back to the shop for the coilover install.
They have a nice shop, very cool customer waiting area with some pinball games along with a PS4 and a big screen TV. The best part about PSI are the people that work there. They are friendly, honest and meticulous about their work. They let me know an issue that they noticed without making it seem like the world was going to end like Fields BMW has done on so many occasions. I cannot stress enough about how awesome the crew is. Alexis dealt with my extreme anxiety over the misfueling issue. I love the way the car looks now. I believe they run their shop as true enthusiasts and love for the scene instead of a shop that tries to get you in and out as quickly as possible. Their techs had smiles on their faces and encouraged different ideas that they thought would look good. Unless it's warranty work, I will be continuing to work with PSI.
Appreciate 0