F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Need some help on my stock 2014 N26
Extreme Powerhouse

10-03-2019, 09:39 PM   #1
IcedK
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 White BMW 328i xDrive

Talking Need some help on my stock 2014 N26

Hello!! Fairly new here and I was looking into changing up my downpipe and/or exhaust for a 2014 328i xDrive N26 model. Any info or setups that are recommended? I have been searching around for a while and can't find a concrete setup.

Extra note: I still want to be able to pass PA state inspection or as long as no warning pop up during checks.

Last edited by IcedK; 10-03-2019 at 09:41 PM.. Reason: Extra note
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2019, 11:56 PM   #2
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedK View Post
Hello!! Fairly new here and I was looking into changing up my downpipe and/or exhaust for a 2014 328i xDrive N26 model. Any info or setups that are recommended? I have been searching around for a while and can't find a concrete setup.

Extra note: I still want to be able to pass PA state inspection or as long as no warning pop up during checks.
Two places to call:
Kies Motorsports
X-PH
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 12:47 AM   #3
Aldor27
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 EB 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Hey I bought a VRSF catless downpipe that I have been super happy with. There was controversy when they first released their downpipes but have now corrected all of the fitment issues. I have a 228i and I think it took me about 1-2 hours on jack stands with a friends help to put it on. It's not a hard install and can easily be swapped back out for the OEM catted downpipe (for emissions purposes lol). I used an 02 defouler to keep away the CEL, 6 months in and still no CEL.
As for exhaust, it just depends on how loud you want it. I like the M performance exhaust, whether it be a 335i MP exhaust or a 328i MP exhaust they both sound good to me. I like that they are valved so one can have it louder when they want it and quiet it when they need it . Extreme Power House has a bunch of exhaust options as well as downpipes too in case you're looking to source some parts. They price match too!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 01:02 AM   #4
DarkF30
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

I got an active autowerke axle back exhaust with a resonator delete. After first it wasn't as loud as I had hoped but the resonator delete helped with that. It's got a nice growl now and some slight burbles too
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 01:16 AM   #5
Gen13 F36
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 428i Gran Coupe

You always going to pass if you keep the stock downpipe. As for exhaust that's totally your preference.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 01:38 AM   #6
bmwchue
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 328i

I recommend vrsf as it's the most affordable and also have lifetime warranty.
as for inspections in PA I dont know the regulations but here in CA i keep my oem parts so I can pass.
As for exhaust modifications it's really your preference. theres lots of videos on youtube if you search f30 328i exhaust. I like mine quiet but loud when wot so I went with a 335i exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 05:14 AM   #7
IcedK
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
Quote:

Two places to call:
Kies Motorsports
X-PH
Ill give them a call later today to see what they have to say for me, thank you!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 05:17 AM   #8
IcedK
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldor27 View Post
Hey I bought a VRSF catless downpipe that I have been super happy with. There was controversy when they first released their downpipes but have now corrected all of the fitment issues. I have a 228i and I think it took me about 1-2 hours on jack stands with a friends help to put it on. It's not a hard install and can easily be swapped back out for the OEM catted downpipe (for emissions purposes lol). I used an 02 defouler to keep away the CEL, 6 months in and still no CEL.
As for exhaust, it just depends on how loud you want it. I like the M performance exhaust, whether it be a 335i MP exhaust or a 328i MP exhaust they both sound good to me. I like that they are valved so one can have it louder when they want it and quiet it when they need it . Extreme Power House has a bunch of exhaust options as well as downpipes too in case you're looking to source some parts. They price match too!
Ill have to look at the quotes they have. My budget is a little under 1500 for all of this, if I keep the OEM downpipe and change to a M performance exhaust will that be enough for some aggression and burples? Or do I need the downpipe as well for better results? Also, will I need a new back bumper to fit the 335 exhaust? (Sorry for the 21 questions, Im new and all I have is YouTube and forums)
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 05:18 AM   #9
IcedK
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkF30 View Post
I got an active autowerke axle back exhaust with a resonator delete. After first it wasn't as loud as I had hoped but the resonator delete helped with that. It's got a nice growl now and some slight burbles too
Is there any way you could please provide me with a link or two?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 05:20 AM   #10
IcedK
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen13 F36 View Post
You always going to pass if you keep the stock downpipe. As for exhaust that's totally your preference.
I honestly just want a happy middle between aggressively loud and "oh my god , who is that and please call the police to get him out our neighborhood"
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 05:21 AM   #11
IcedK
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwchue View Post
as for inspections in PA I dont know the regulations but here in CA i keep my oem parts so I can pass.
As for exhaust modifications it's really your preference. theres lots of videos on youtube if you search f30 328i exhaust. I like mine quiet but loud when wot so I went with a 335i exhaust.
Did you have to modify your bumper or can I keep that OEM for right now?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 06:11 AM   #12
DarkF30
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Quote:
Quote:
I got mine here,

https://x-ph.com/active-autowerke-bm...iABEgJrW_D_BwE
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 06:38 AM   #13
bmwchue
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 328i

Quote:
Quote:
I have the m sport bumper which i use a 335i rear diffuser to go along with my 335i muffler. if you dont have a m sport bumper I suggest you run a different exhaust
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 08:20 AM   #14
IcedK
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I have the m sport bumper which i use a 335i rear diffuser to go along with my 335i muffler. if you dont have a m sport bumper I suggest you run a different exhaust
Okay, thank you for letting me know!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 08:21 AM   #15
IcedK
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I got mine here,

https://x-ph.com/active-autowerke-bm...iABEgJrW_D_BwE
I was really interested in that one, I was worried it wouldn't fit the N26 or it wasn't the dual tip version on the left side.. Could you please provide a video of your startup and rev?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 09:52 AM   #16
IcedK
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Do you have any catback exhausts in mind?
Appreciate 1
bmwchue242.00
      10-04-2019, 11:03 AM   #17
Gen13 F36
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I honestly just want a happy middle between aggressively loud and "oh my god , who is that and please call the police to get him out our neighborhood"
That's what I nean... if you keep your stock downpipe. You will pass inspection and your not going to be loud.

I have F36 with N26, stock downpipe and full catback awe quad exhaust. Not loud at all. I also driven an N20 with remus quad, axle back AA, an MPE and many more. Yup this is how I decided for my setup
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 11:10 AM   #18
IcedK
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
That's what I nean... if you keep your stock downpipe. You will pass inspection and your not going to be loud.

I have F36 with N26, stock downpipe and full catback awe quad exhaust. Not loud at all. I also driven an N20 with remus quad, axle back AA, an MPE and many more. Yup this is how I decided for my setup
Can you please send links for your build, I might do it myself. I was thinking of buying a BM3 tune as well for the burbling
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 03:43 PM   #19
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Can you please send links for your build, I might do it myself. I was thinking of buying a BM3 tune as well for the burbling
Call and talk to mike at x-ph. He can really walk you through all of the pros and cons much better than you looking at links and reading peoples comments. Otherwise easy to get your head spinning or listening to incorrect stuff. Just call him
Appreciate 1
IcedK4.00
      10-04-2019, 04:13 PM   #20
Gen13 F36
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
All I have are on my signature.
BM3 s1
AWE quad exhaust with resonated midpipe
Quad m performance diffuser
VMR v804 in gunmetal
V2 lip spoiler....coming soon

Not much... it's my DD and I want my car comfortable to drive
Appreciate 1
IcedK4.00
      10-04-2019, 04:45 PM   #21
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Ill give them a call later today to see what they have to say for me, thank you!
725-221-5280 im here till 6pm Pacific time

Quote:
Two places to call:
Kies Motorsports
X-PH
Quote:

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 05:23 PM   #22
IcedK
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Quote:
725-221-5280 im here till 6pm Pacific time

Quote:
Two places to call:
Kies Motorsports
X-PH
Quote:
Ill be calling tomorrow morning (Saturday October 4th) for options
Appreciate 0