F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > 8.8 Inch screen replacement.
ARMA SPEED

09-30-2022, 02:11 AM   #1
SALAMA
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i F30 2015

Exclamation 8.8 Inch screen replacement.

Hello All.

I have posted a thread previously regarding the infotainment screen damage. i have removed the screen from the dashboard and i noticed that the problem is with the outer glass panel but the actual screen is completely fine. do you know if i can get only this outer double layered glass without the need of changing the whole screen &/or idrive system.

Thanks In Advance
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2022, 07:46 AM   #2
Wires
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

You'd need to replace the whole screen (no need to change the iDrive).

I haven't had mine apart in a while, and when I did, it was for the Android Head Unit replacement, so I needed the iDrive unit out to get to the connectors (cannot remember if it needs to come out to expose the 2 screws for the screen).

You just pull off the trim piece that surrounds the iDrive controller, and the dash trim piece. There are 4 or 6 - T20 Torx screws that hold the iDrive controller in the dash and then it slides straight out. The screen has 2 - T20 Torx screws that are right above the iDrive controller, and then it pulls straight up, and the connectors can be unplugged from it.

You might need the iDrive controller out to get some slack for the cabling. Actually a very simple and easy DIY to replace.

Addition:
You can go to a bigger screen as well if you have the ability to code the car.
Appreciate 0