F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Have you ever bought your car sales person a gift?
Extreme Powerhouse

09-22-2020, 01:46 AM   #23
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
I gave a salesman a new Xbox one when they were first released as he did me a great deal on a Frozen Silver edition M3 30% off from 64k to 45k without me even asking other than to say I can't afford it.
No no no Wills. Haven't you read the thread. If you've bought the salesperson a gift it must have been a terrible deal.

Something bent over a something, lube something. Something something ripped off.
      09-30-2022, 09:19 AM   #24
MiracleLeens
Registered
Rep
Drives: Nissan GTR

Gifting gift baskets is a good and easy way to show gratitude. Moreover, there’re lots of them, so you could choose the modest ones, which are cheaper. I first thought it was the only thing that helps to show gratitude. However, I was wrong. My wife once gifted me with my favorite snacks, accessories, and books, which looked very good. That was when I started treating such an idea as an additional option. I pull it when I don’t know what to gift (which often happens to me because of my poor imagination)

Last edited by MiracleLeens; 10-05-2022 at 05:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2022, 11:10 AM   #25
Cilonen
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 Tesla M3, 2016 F11 530d

Not for a sale, but for an accident repair...

Saab 93 convertible in the early 00s - got hit by another car, ended in a ditch with roof damage. Surprisingly the insurer said it was repairable.
Car went to Saab's recommended repairer, who did such an appalling job that I couldn't close the roof, the window glass was scratched to f**k during the repair (wasn't from the accident, I had the pics to prove it), and the bodywork wasn't right.
Saab dealership's workshop manager took one look, called Saab UK HQ to see it, then they both went to the repair place, removed their Saab accreditation and sent it on to another place & monitored the whole repair. Told my insurer they would deal with it, and to not pay the monies to the original repair shop. Kept me fully informed throughout, and provided a courtesy 95 at no cost.

The end result was the car looking like new (instead of 6-yr old).
I was so happy I bought a case of wine & 2 cases of beer for the dealership staff, with another for the 2nd repair place.
Was sad to see Saab disappear in the end, loved their cars (although the torque steer was a bitch in the wet!).
Appreciate 3
isleaiw18751.50
Pond1803.50