F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > heard of bimmerdirect?
Studio RSR

04-13-2024, 04:04 PM   #1
chuckles01
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i Sport, 6M

heard of bimmerdirect?

Has anyone had actual experience with bimmerdirect’s products (NOT bimmertech), specifically their MMI boxes or screens for BMWs?

I was researching them and it seems like there aren’t that many reviews. But they advertise they are US based, 3 year warranty, and use German Inova Apix chips, which they say is apparently the same brand of chips BMW uses? I know generally all these units are more or less the same except the firmware, support, and warranty. It seems like bimmerdirect is trying to differentiate from the andreams, road tops, etc. that they have a better product that’s more stable with US support, but without the bimmertech prices.

They seem relatively new and any reviews I’ve come across on Reddit/YouTube seem like it’s from the same few people. Anyway, was just curious and wondering if more people here have heard of or had direct experience with them?
Appreciate 0