F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Connected Booster L
Extreme Powerhouse

11-23-2021, 05:55 AM   #45
RatPC
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F31 LCI

How long did it take to activate as my order is currently showing as 'Placed' but i cant download a Map Update manually via the webpage atm
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 06:26 AM   #46
jbeer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i M Sport Shadow Edition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatPC View Post
How long did it take to activate as my order is currently showing as 'Placed' but i cant download a Map Update manually via the webpage atm
Mine updated my profile and I was able to download a map update within 30mins of my checkout

Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 06:30 AM   #47
RatPC
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeer View Post
Mine updated my profile and I was able to download a map update within 30mins of my checkout
Its been a few hours since mine, I might have to give them a call later on
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 06:31 AM   #48
jbeer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatPC View Post
Its been a few hours since mine, I might have to give them a call later on
I would, your order may be stuck somewhere in the system

Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 06:54 AM   #49
greatbm
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G15 840i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyuser View Post
Great thanks for confirming. Did the new L package add 12 months to your old subscription expiry date? Wondering as I can buy L now but my RTTI doesnt expire until early Dec.
My subscription ran out 27th November which included RTTI, took advantage of the M package at Black Friday offer. Subscription now says renewal 22/11/2022 so lost 5 days of original. There are new items in the M Package that I didn't have in original so can understand the loss of 5 days.
      11-23-2021, 07:30 AM   #50
anyuser
Private
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbm View Post
My subscription ran out 27th November which included RTTI, took advantage of the M package at Black Friday offer. Subscription now says renewal 22/11/2022 so lost 5 days of original. There are new items in the M Package that I didn't have in original so can understand the loss of 5 days.
Thanks for confirming. I thought this might happen to my RTTI as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 09:48 AM   #51
RatPC
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeer View Post
I would, your order may be stuck somewhere in the system
If they would answer the phone....every time i have tried to call it just cuts off after an automated message.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 02:26 AM   #52
anyuser
Private
Rep

Has anyone with unlimited remote services on their account bought one of these new packages? Wondering if they override the existing unlimited services and revert to yearly.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 03:01 AM   #53
RatPC
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Has anyone with unlimited remote services on their account bought one of these new packages? Wondering if they override the existing unlimited services and revert to yearly.
I have, its still not updated on my portal though and not changed anything with the Unlimited options
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 03:04 AM   #54
jbeer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yes I have Unlimited Duration for 'Connected Services', 'Intelligent Emergency Call', 'Remote Services', 'Teleservices'…all my other subscriptions had already expired earlier in the year and I bought Package L

Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 03:19 AM   #55
anyuser
Private
Rep

Thanks RatPC and jbeer. I guess I will take the plunge on Friday.

Hope you get sorted RatPC.
Appreciate 1
jbeer154.50
      11-25-2021, 04:04 PM   #56
RatPC
Enlisted Member
Rep

It all got sorted after a call to the Connected Drive team on their direct number!

Now to install that 2021-3 Map update!
Appreciate 1
jbeer154.50
      11-26-2021, 03:48 AM   #57
RoShambolt
Captain
Rep
Drives: Looking

So adaptive cruise is a subscription now? as is high beam assist and adaptive suspension. What next subscription for heated seats and electric windows. This seems to be going too far, lots of hidden costs for unsuspecting buyers now. I even had the brochure from when I purchased the car saying Apple car play for life of the car, they then turned it off after three years and took me nearly six months to get them to turn it back on fee of charge.

Leaves a bit of a bitter taste treating customers like that. Do Audi and MB do this kind of thing?

Anyhow while I've got this Black Friday deal seems reasonable for what I need to renew like traffic info/updates.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-26-2021, 04:02 AM   #58
RoShambolt
Captain
Rep
Drives: Looking

So because of the issues I had and how much I had to complain to get it resolved it seems they have made everything on my connected drive account unlined including map updates. The only thing not covered is the traffic info which I paid for annually. But now it's rolled into things like map updates it won't let me update the traffic info as I already have map updates. Don't really want to contact them as I may loose all my unlimited stuff or it go back to subscriptions. So no more traffic info. That's a pain.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2022, 12:55 PM   #59
anyuser
Private
Rep

Has anyone that bought Connected Booster M or L last year tried downloading maps lately? BMW Download manager now tells me I do not have a subscription and the connected drive portal wants me to buy map updates separately. This is despite OTA and USB map updates being included in the L package I bought in November and me receiving one OTA and downloaded USB map update since buying. Currently opened a case with Connected drive team.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2022, 01:01 PM   #60
jonesdg4
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F33 - 2016 M-Sport 420d Auto

Quote:
Has anyone that bought Connected Booster M or L last year tried downloading maps lately? BMW Download manager now tells me I do not have a subscription and the connected drive portal wants me to buy map updates separately. This is despite OTA and USB map updates being included in the L package I bought in November and me receiving one OTA and downloaded USB map update since buying. Currently opened a case with Connected drive team.
Mine seems ok
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2022, 01:07 PM   #61
anyuser
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesdg4 View Post
Mine seems ok
Thanks hopefully just a glitch on my account then.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2022, 03:53 PM   #62
t5pilot
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP & S1000 XR

Quote:
Yes. I bought Connected L in last Novembers Black Friday sale.
I updated the maps in either December 2021 or January this year IIRC.
Went to update to Evo 2022-1 at the end of April & got an error. So I contacted connected drive support.
When I logged in, it was just showing a basic connected booster, with the map pack separately, not booked for my car, with a price of £79.
Logged a support ticket & have chased them weekly over the last month. It's literally just been sorted today.
For some reason, they have still not been able to reinstate connected large. So I now have the connected booster package & map update package shown separately in my account.
At least it's now sorted.
They were going to extend my services by a month for me. I expressly asked them NOT to do that - As my current expiry date will allow me to buy again during the Black Friday sale.
      05-31-2022, 03:23 AM   #63
anyuser
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5pilot View Post
Yes. I bought Connected L in last Novembers Black Friday sale.
I updated the maps in either December 2021 or January this year IIRC.
Went to update to Evo 2022-1 at the end of April & got an error. So I contacted connected drive support.
When I logged in, it was just showing a basic connected booster, with the map pack separately, not booked for my car, with a price of £79.
Logged a support ticket & have chased them weekly over the last month. It's literally just been sorted today.
For some reason, they have still not been able to reinstate connected large. So I now have the connected booster package & map update package shown separately in my account.
At least it's now sorted.
They were going to extend my services by a month for me. I expressly asked them NOT to do that - As my current expiry date will allow me to buy again during the Black Friday sale.
Thanks for the info. Your experience almost exactly matches mine except I am still at the open ticket stage. Hopefully they will sort it a bit more quickly since they have done it before.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2022, 03:31 AM   #64
anyuser
Private
Rep

Now a month and BMW still havent resolved the lack of map updates in my Connected Booster package, very frustrating.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2022, 04:22 PM   #65
bjmck
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

prerequisites

Well this is all a bit worrying. My map update and rtti is due for renewal and it seems the only option might be to go for the connected booster package but it doesn't stipulate that map updates are included either OTA or USB, I too currently have unlimited [1] remote etc. What to do? [1] Unlimited as long as the technical prerequisites are met for this vehicle, now there's a get out for bmw

Last edited by bjmck; 07-04-2022 at 04:27 PM.. Reason: Additional information
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2022, 06:28 AM   #66
anyuser
Private
Rep

On Friday my Connected Booster L was cancelled. So, in addition to losing the map updates I have now lost RTTI, BMW Online etc that were included in the L package.

Connected drive team now say they will restore RTTI and BMW Online (I assume by activating the Connected Booster package that does not include map updates) but do not say when.

They also are saying they will not give me the map update package separately as this needs to be done in a dealership via a TSARA case which is a total nonsense imho.

t5pilot is there any chance you would be willing to DM me your case number or contact that resolved this for you?
Appreciate 0