F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > COVID 19 - Are you vaccinated? [CLOSED: NO POLITICS!]
GetBMWParts
View Poll Results: Are you vaccinated against COVID-19?
Yes, I am vaccinated (or soon plan to be). 183 74.39%
No, I am not vaccinated. 63 25.61%
Voters: 246. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

08-03-2021, 10:26 AM   #1057
XutvJet
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcphoto View Post
There seems to be a large segment of our population that feel as though the science community is trying to kill, track, control our minds or just disable us through the vaccine. If so, please do your best to stay home and not infect or spread the virus or it's variants to others. From what I've read anyone whether vaccinated or not can transmit the virus to others. Those that are not vaccinated will likely require hospitalization or worse while vaccinated individuals will likely experience flu like symptoms. I chose to lower my exposure to others and then got the vaccine and lessen the risk of getting it or infecting others.
I really don't get this at all, especially if you claim to follow the science:

1) It is HIGHLY unlikely that if you contract Covid that you'll end up in the hospital or die.

2) If you're vaccinated, you've got a high likelihood of not getting the virus, and if you do, the symptoms will be minor, just like the vast majority of people that get Covid.

3) If you're vaccinated, what do you really care if others aren't? They pose no real threat to you, any more so than a person that's been vaccinated and has a breakthrough infection. If you don't feel safe, then you should stay at home.

4) If you're worried about your sub 12 y/o children or you're immunocompromised relative, then perhaps they shouldn't be in indoor areas around the general public.

5) With respect to children Covid, the facts still remain that Covid in children is very rarely dangerous or fatal and not any more so than the flu.
      08-03-2021, 10:38 AM   #1058
tebbnsx
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by unluky View Post
LMAO - if only the entire population was as sophisticated and highly intelligent as everyone in the post, the world would have no problems at all.......

My god - the elitism mentality in this thread is sickening.
I know right as if all the pseudo experts in here must be well qualified scientists with medical degrees.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2021, 10:39 AM   #1059
XutvJet
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post
I see way less bandana masks these days.
True, but only an N95, full/half face respirator with filtering cartitridges on both the intake/exhaust sides, or full on SCUBA, in that order, are the only face coverings that going to be effective in keeping the Delta variant (or Covid in general) from entering/leaving your mask. Cloth and medical masks are ineffective and these are what 99.9+% of the general public is wearing. There's leaks all around with these masks. You need a good seal and the right filtering media.

N95s are hot and uncomfortable. Full/half face respirator or SCUBA? LOL. Due to my job, I've worked weeks in all these types of PPE. It's terrible. People won't do it and there's obviously not enough to go around.

You can control the spread, but once you open back up, it's there again. Look at what going in China now. The Delta variant is appearing in various cities. The Chinese response is to test everyone in the city and lock it down. It's just not feasible, especially in an industrial powerhouse of 1.5 billion people. They are in for a world of hurt in terms of death and financial impact in the coming 12 months. Yes, they are vaccinating but their vaccine is very weak. With respect to the financial impact, there will be a trickle down effect into the global markets. More goods shortages of course. Hopefully Covid's impact on the global markets will be a lesson that no one should put all their eggs in one basket (i.e. country) when it comes to the manufacturing of goods, whether it's food, widgets, or drugs.

Last edited by XutvJet; 08-03-2021 at 10:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2021, 10:40 AM   #1060
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 F150, 21 718, 20 C63S, 212S

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Never had the flu shot. Neither has my wife, my 12 y/o daughter, or 16 y/o son. The last time I had the flu was in college back in 1994 and that was freaking rough. WAY worse than Covid for me. My wife thinks she had the flu last in 1998. My kids have never had the flu, much less a fever over 100 degrees and I can count the number of times they've each had fevers in their lives on two hands, both kids combined.

On the flipside, we have lots of friends and family that get the flu shot every year and many of them still manage to get the flu at least once every few years. Funny how that works. IMO, diet and exercise are key to real health and a robust immune system. Most people in the US simply aren't healthy and they pay dearly for it as well as taxpayers and those that pay for health insurance.
There is no way this true unless you are homeschooled/work from home shut ins.

Spare us your homeopathic BS. It's interesting how all of your experiences and those of your friends and families line up perfectly with your beliefs. It's rare when one that happens in ones life.

Quote:
I really don't get this at all, especially if you claim to follow the science:

1) It is HIGHLY unlikely that if you contract Covid that you'll end up in the hospital or die.

2) If you're vaccinated, you've got a high likelihood of not getting the virus, and if you do, the symptoms will be minor, just like the vast majority of people that get Covid.

3) If you're vaccinated, what do you really care if others aren't? They pose no real threat to you, any more so than a person that's been vaccinated and has a breakthrough infection. If you don't feel safe, then you should stay at home.

4) If you're worried about your sub 12 y/o children or you're immunocompromised relative, then perhaps they shouldn't be in indoor areas around the general public.

5) With respect to children Covid, the facts still remain that Covid in children is very rarely dangerous or fatal and not any more so than the flu.
That isn't how this works. My kid doesn't have to stay home because you don't believe in xyz or are too scared of a needle. There is no way you are a scientist. If you are it has nothing to do in health related fields. You were wrong 18 months ago and 600k plus deaths and many more possibly maimed for life with long covid in the US alone and you are still wrong/refuse to change an iota of your thinking. Hence my comment about you not being a real scientist. That's not how they work, good ones one anyway.
Appreciate 2
Littlebear3199.50
Noneya222.00
      08-03-2021, 10:43 AM   #1061
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jninja View Post
Nope- never said that. Also never said I was anti-mask-- but let me say your 'powers of assumption' exceeded that of your cognitive ability. Are you generally interested- or just looking to find a 'narrative' to label me for fulfillment of your ego-invested pre-conceptions of thoughts?

This is American though [and maybe the world]... either you agree with everything i said- or nothing lol. Either your PRO VAX or ANTI VAX lmao... Dem or Repub... Black or White...

I'll leave you with this... I got enough VAX's in the Marine Corps for life
And somehow you lived. So how about serving your country again and get one more? It'll be one of the easiest patriotic things you've ever done. Much easier than the Corps.
Appreciate 2
Littlebear3199.50
chris7194880.50
      08-03-2021, 10:44 AM   #1062
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebbnsx View Post
I know right as if all the pseudo experts in here must be well qualified scientists with medical degrees.
I know right, like all this quack YouTubers? That's where I get my serious info from.
Appreciate 3
Littlebear3199.50
chris7194880.50
      08-03-2021, 10:46 AM   #1063
Littlebear
Janitor
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 330i

Quote:
True, but only an N95, full/half face respirator with filtering cartitridges on both the intake/exhaust sides, or full on SCUBA, in that order, are the only face coverings that going to be effective in keeping the Delta variant (or Covid in general) from entering/leaving your mask. Cloth and medical masks are ineffective and these are what 99.9+% of the general public is wearing. There's leaks all around with these masks. You need a good seal and the right filtering media.
Come on, man, where do you get this bull?
All kinds of masks have been tested, and even the worst ones offer a degree of infection prevention. The medical grade masks are very good.
And N95 masks are available. Why do the adults on this thread complain more than the little children I see wearing masks every day?
Appreciate 3
minn1910007.00
chris7194880.50
Noneya222.00
Closed Thread