F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Steering Wheel
ARMA SPEED

08-20-2019, 09:15 AM   #1
CarFan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5 3.5 Premium

Garage List
Steering Wheel

I was wondering if anyone has come across a "right" handed steering wheel for an F32? This is my first vehicle which has the audio buttons on the right side. Would be willing to pay to get a new OEM steering wheel installed if I could get audio back on the left side like it used to be on BMWs and still is on my other vehicles. When I looked at UK BMW sites it appears to be the same wheel that we have on 2019 and newer vehicles. Older ones appear to have a different wheel for right hand drive vehicles. Is it a cost saving measure to use the same wheel across the board now?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 09:44 AM   #2
BWbimmer
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW F36, E36, E93

Garage List
Not sure if I understand right, but BMW changed sides all together. There was no difference between left and right hand driven cars at the E-series either?
      09-23-2019, 09:54 AM   #3
OC_F32
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 428i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarFan View Post
I was wondering if anyone has come across a "right" handed steering wheel for an F32? This is my first vehicle which has the audio buttons on the right side. Would be willing to pay to get a new OEM steering wheel installed if I could get audio back on the left side like it used to be on BMWs and still is on my other vehicles. When I looked at UK BMW sites it appears to be the same wheel that we have on 2019 and newer vehicles. Older ones appear to have a different wheel for right hand drive vehicles. Is it a cost saving measure to use the same wheel across the board now?
It's the same regardless of region. Right now, on F3x m sport wheels, the audio controls are on the right and the cruise/distance controls are on the left. All countries alike.

It's a bummer I agree. I know that most other manufacturers have it flipped.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 06:48 PM   #4
Michael340i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i Touring, Aston Martin

Garage List
I've had Audis, Mercedes, Aston Martin and now BMW and the volume is always on the right, every car since at least 2006
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 07:22 PM   #5
tex2670
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X1 28i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarFan View Post
Give it time. You'll get used to it. Now when I drive my wife's car, I keep thinking the audio controls on on the right side of the wheel.
Appreciate 1
IK6SPEED4488.00