F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > piecing together a m sport brake kit. need help with some bolts
Studio RSR

05-25-2019, 02:18 PM   #23
Logicoeur
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4_GTS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicoeur View Post
Your existing bolts should work fine. Youll have to go to realoem to get the specific part numbers.
that's the worst advise. a lot of bmw bolts are stretch bolts that 1 time use only.
The bolts in question are not stretch bolts.
F30 335iX | Remus Axleback | Fabspeed Catted DP | VRSF Comp IC | 18X9 ET35 19lb MT1 | 255/40/18 ECS | Ohlins RT Millway Street | Millway Control Arm Bushings | Turner Endlinks | TMH 75mm 14x1.5 Studs | BMW MPerf LSD | XDelete | Pipercross Filter | MHD Stg2 93
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 04:05 PM   #24
M4_GTS
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

Quote:
please look up the rear caliper bolts in TIS because they are stretch bolts. The M Performance brake kit comes with all new bolts because BMW actually says that brake caliper bolts are "one time use".

you clearly shouldn't be giving advise...
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 04:08 PM   #25
Logicoeur
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
please look up the rear caliper bolts in TIS because they are stretch bolts. The M Performance brake kit comes with all new bolts because BMW actually says that brake caliper bolts are "one time use".

you clearly shouldn't be giving advise...
Searching the part numbers for front and rear doesn't return anything described as stretch bolts. Can you show us where they are listed as stretch and one time only, or you just going to troll and use emojis?
F30 335iX | Remus Axleback | Fabspeed Catted DP | VRSF Comp IC | 18X9 ET35 19lb MT1 | 255/40/18 ECS | Ohlins RT Millway Street | Millway Control Arm Bushings | Turner Endlinks | TMH 75mm 14x1.5 Studs | BMW MPerf LSD | XDelete | Pipercross Filter | MHD Stg2 93
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 04:12 PM   #26
M4_GTS
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Searching the part numbers for front and rear doesn't return anything described as stretch bolts. Can you show us where they are listed as stretch and one time only, or you just going to troll and use emojis?
Now can you please not give out anymore incorrect info here? Seriously, I sure hope you're not wrenching on your own cars or any cars.

Torque specs and hardware that needs to be replaced:
Front brakes https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...rakes/GfqyNpyB
Rear brakes https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...rakes/GfyH0Hrd

2AZ Caliper carrier to wheel carrier Jointing torque 50 Nm Angle of rotation 60° Replace screws with a "!" means its a must and a important warning.

Last edited by M4_GTS; 05-25-2019 at 04:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 04:28 PM   #27
Logicoeur
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Now can you please not give out anymore incorrect info here?

Torque specs and hardware that needs to be replaced:
Front brakes https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...rakes/GfqyNpyB
Rear brakes https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...rakes/GfyH0Hrd
Oh well, they recommend replacing them. You get a gold star. Dickhead.

REALoem doesn't show anything like this, and the part numbers are listed online as hex bolts, everywhere. Personally, I have never had a problem with reusing stretch bolts on any of my cars in the past.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 04:42 PM   #28
M4_GTS
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:

REALoem doesn't show anything like this, and the part numbers are listed online as hex bolts, everywhere. Personally, I have never had a problem with reusing stretch bolts on any of my cars in the past.
Oh well, looks like you need to do some reading and understand why its not "OK: to reuse stretch bolts. http://repair.alldata.com/online2hel...be_re-used.htm

Gets proven wrong and calls the other person that's able to provide the correct info a "dickhead". It's ppl like you why the world is going ass backwards. Learn from your mistakes and accept responsibility is how you gain more knowledge. Basic life lesson.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 04:55 PM   #29
Logicoeur
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Oh well, looks like you need to do some reading and understand why its not "OK: to reuse stretch bolts. http://repair.alldata.com/online2hel...be_re-used.htm

Gets proven wrong and calls the other person that's able to provide the correct info a "dickhead". It's ppl like you why the world is going ass backwards. Learn from your mistakes and accept responsibility is how you gain more knowledge. Basic life lesson.
Because you provided the information like a dickhead. I don't mind being proven wrong, hence me asking you for the information in stead of your snark, and unhelpful remarks. Dickhead.

People like YOU ruin the community because it makes others afraid to share in fear of being ridiculed by idiots like you.

Have a nice life with your head that is shaped like a phallus.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 05:04 PM   #30
M4_GTS
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Because you provided the information like a dickhead. I don't mind being proven wrong, hence me asking you for the information in stead of your snark, and unhelpful remarks. Dickhead.

People like YOU ruin the community because it makes others afraid to share in fear of being ridiculed by idiots like you.

Sometimes its better not to share if you just don't know.

People like you ruin the community because you're giving wrong advise and info when you are clearly just "guessing" and have no clue. This is especially critical when its the brakes which can easily kill someone when shit goes wrong.

Name calling like you're still in elementary school yeah? sad...
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 05:39 PM   #31
Logicoeur
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Sometimes its better not to share if you just don't know.

People like you ruin the community because you're giving wrong advise and info when you are clearly just "guessing" and have no clue. This is especially critical when its the brakes which can easily kill someone when shit goes wrong.

Name calling like you're still in elementary school yeah? sad...
People can be wrong. I can be wrong, but how you handle it is what matters. I did research before I said he could reuse the bolts. Searched the part numbers and didn't find anything. Then I ask you to post it, but you were still a dickhead about it. So be it, be a dickhead all your life. Fine with me.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2019, 03:55 AM   #32
jdgay22
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 428i f33 m sport convertible

so if the answer is i do need replace the screws and bolts. do yal have the part # .. thx in advance
Appreciate 1
M4_GTS1152.50
      05-26-2019, 11:17 AM   #33
M4_GTS
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgay22 View Post
so if the answer is i do need replace the screws and bolts. do yal have the part # .. thx in advance
Let this dickhead or phallus shaped head (as described by @Logicoeur) help you out here. As per BMW repair manual, these are the recommended hardware to replace.

Replace 5, 7 (14 only if you're changing the heat shield)
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=34_2351

Replace 5, 7 (14, 15 only if you're changing the heat shields)
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=34_2313
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 07:36 PM   #34
jdgay22
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Let this dickhead or phallus shaped head (as described by @Logicoeur) help you out here. As per BMW repair manual, these are the recommended hardware to replace.

Replace 5, 7 (14 only if you're changing the heat shield)
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=34_2351

Replace 5, 7 (14, 15 only if you're changing the heat shields)
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=34_2313
so one last question.. i see there number of bolts listed on the links you gave me . so is that per caliper or for a set of 4.. cause if its per caliper it will add up to way more bolts then the picture of the m performance brake kit

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/mu...tor/attach.gif
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-31-2019, 09:00 AM   #35
M4_GTS
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgay22 View Post
so one last question.. i see there number of bolts listed on the links you gave me . so is that per caliper or for a set of 4.. cause if its per caliper it will add up to way more bolts then the picture of the m performance brake kit

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/mu...tor/attach.gif

qty neeed for the car.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 07:30 PM   #36
jdgay22
Enlisted Member
Rep

i Have a f33 with the msport kit p337a . i found with this my rear dust shield will not have to be replaced. the question is since my front rotor is 330mm and the m sport brakes kit is 340mm would that dust shield fit or do i need two new ones

Last edited by jdgay22; 01-17-2020 at 08:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 03:31 AM   #37
Gidimba
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i (F30) 11/2013

From standard to brembo grey

Hi,
So I have the standard one piston breaks and I have bought the front 4pistons grey brembo breaks of a 335i,

Do I need to replace also the dust shield?