F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > We finally have alternative icon headlights for f32!
Extreme Powerhouse

08-23-2022, 03:32 AM   #1
locolok
Private
Rep
Drives: 320d e92

We finally have alternative icon headlights for f32!

€ 1.515,35 24%de DESCUENTO | Faros delanteros para BMW F32 2012-2019 F82 M4 GTS, luces LED DRL, lentes de xenón Hella Hid H7, accesorios de coche
https://a.aliexpress.com/_vqJJLT

Well, it seems that someone has finally decided to make them, they look very good.

They are not cheap, but if the light projection is good, I would be encouraged to buy them... Let's see if anyone dares!
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2022, 01:39 PM   #2
fredde85
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i

Quote:
Originally Posted by locolok View Post
€ 1.515,35 24%de DESCUENTO | Faros delanteros para BMW F32 2012-2019 F82 M4 GTS, luces LED DRL, lentes de xenón Hella Hid H7, accesorios de coche
https://a.aliexpress.com/_vqJJLT

Well, it seems that someone has finally decided to make them, they look very good.

They are not cheap, but if the light projection is good, I would be encouraged to buy them... Let's see if anyone dares!
Nice. Does it fit Bmw F33 2014?
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2022, 09:04 PM   #3
eff32fl
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i M Sport THP MPPSK

Awesome. I wonder how well they function. They cost as much as a used OEM version though.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2022, 02:13 AM   #4
locolok
Private
Rep
Drives: 320d e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by eff32fl View Post
Awesome. I wonder how well they function. They cost as much as a used OEM version though.
Man, I don't know what they will cost there but in Europe a used pair exceeds €3,000.

You're also saving yourself wiring and coding.
Appreciate 1
      08-24-2022, 10:39 AM   #5
fortythirtyfive
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435i MS

I'd love to see some customer photos and possibly a video.. I'm presuming they loose full adaptiveness? The other clone/copies AKD do for F30's loose adaptiveness

I'm considering them as I need some down time on my OEM icons which I need a few weeks with modifying them.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2022, 10:45 AM   #6
fortythirtyfive
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

ah never mind.. having properly translated all of their product photos it's a xenon headlight with mods, this will be why they have disclaimer about the headlights already being opened and having visible glue on them.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2022, 04:53 PM   #7
Yam_440i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: White BMW 335i convertible

I'm so surprised there isn't more of an aftermarket options for our headlights, it's disappointing.

I'm having to open mine up and modify it
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2022, 06:51 AM   #8
fortythirtyfive
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

This is the video demo they've sent me of the headlights https://streamable.com/9ljg3h

They've used LED housings and frankensteined the xenon ballasts into them.. I appreciate it's a lot of effort they've gone to but I wouldn't personally be dropping £1500 on a frankenstein build lol. This also confirms that the adaptive light splitting feature won't work or anywhere nearly close as OEM sadly.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2022, 06:56 AM   #9
eff32fl
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortythirtyfive View Post
This is the video demo they've sent me of the headlights https://streamable.com/9ljg3h

They've used LED housings and frankensteined the xenon ballasts into them.. I appreciate it's a lot of effort they've gone to but I wouldn't personally be dropping £1500 on a frankenstein build lol. This also confirms that the adaptive light splitting feature won't work or anywhere nearly close as OEM sadly.
Oh oh they have sequential turn signals. Was wondering if they went that route. I've thought about getting my OEM icons modified just for that feature.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 07:52 AM   #10
fortythirtyfive
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Oh oh they have sequential turn signals. Was wondering if they went that route. I've thought about getting my OEM icons modified just for that feature.
Similar to this? https://streamable.com/5iognm

You'll need to get someone to fit you an addressable solution, it would require a an out of headlight module to sequence it too.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 10:14 AM   #11
eff32fl
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Similar to this? https://streamable.com/5iognm

You'll need to get someone to fit you an addressable solution, it would require a an out of headlight module to sequence it too.
Yeah something like that just the eyebrow though and not the whole DRL. OSS Designs has a sequential eyebrow they use. Was hoping a simple (relatively speaking) mod could use the builtin modules for power so external wires wouldn't be required.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 07:57 PM   #12
fortythirtyfive
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Yeah something like that just the eyebrow though and not the whole DRL. OSS Designs has a sequential eyebrow they use. Was hoping a simple (relatively speaking) mod could use the builtin modules for power so external wires wouldn't be required.
You could.. although it may end being risky to either the LED strip or the module.

LED strips for the job require either 5V or 12V power fully regulated (anything under will flicker, anything over will burn it out instantly). I believe the turn signal wire that goes into the plug produces around 6-7V's as I tapped this to trigger my modules turn signal mode.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2022, 04:36 AM   #13
Bloch
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW f36 420D Gran Coupe

Tip: You can get them cheaper on alibaba.com, 750 USD.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...634053352.html

I'm also very excited about these, and would consider to try them out.
Would love to get some impressions, pictures or videos from costumers.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2022, 10:09 AM   #14
chinniciF32
Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: f32 n55

yea im really glad we finally have an aftermarket solution for the LCI headlights for our 4 series cars, I love U shaped DRL's unfortunately the halo's look too dated now. Has anyone bought these and tried these out state side?
      11-23-2022, 04:34 PM   #15
Yam_440i
First Lieutenant
Rep

I think there are a few different versions out there.

There is a Frankenstein xenon version, there appears to be an actual LED version and I think I have also seen some halogen ones?!?

If someone can take the bullet and try some and review for the community that would be super helpful
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2022, 01:41 PM   #16
Squibby1996
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F36 440i

Waiting for someone to get these to see a proper view of them they look great
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2022, 04:05 AM   #17
Squibby1996
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F36 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyf36 View Post
hey guys i got a pair of these...but the regular version not the one with the laser option. I worked with oversea manufacture for my business so i actually got these from the factory when it first came out.

DO NOT BUY THEM right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are not ready for mass-production and have not sort out all kinda coding.modules issue yet. You can consdier whatever is in the market now a "prototype"

BMW is odd you know...modules gotta work with the part or else it throw an error code...the manufacture has not figured everything out...

i got a set of myself...and i have all kinda problem....talked to the factory and they only told me to wait until they fix the issue...

my highbeam dont work...DRL dont work....and i got a bunch of error codes when i start the car...

long story short...dont buy them right now...until they fix all the issues
Thankyou for that, hopefully they get them sorted out for you asap.

They do look great though identical to oem looks wise
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 07:50 PM   #18
Yam_440i
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
hey guys i got a pair of these...but the regular version not the one with the laser option. I worked with oversea manufacture for my business so i actually got these from the factory when it first came out.

They are not ready for mass-production and have not sort out all kinda coding.modules issue yet. You can consdier whatever is in the market now a "prototype"

BMW is odd you know...modules gotta work with the part or else it throw an error code...the manufacture has not figured everything out...

i got a set of myself...and i have all kinda problem....talked to the factory and they only told me to wait until they fix the issue...

my highbeam dont work...DRL dont work....and i got a bunch of error codes when i start the car...

Thank you

There are definitely different versions in the Chinese market. Looks like the ones you have are the first ones. I think since then there may have been changes already?
I can't be sure but thats the gamble. On Ali express there are several reviews one the xenon Frankenstein ones with positive feedback/review
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 09:06 PM   #19
greyf36
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Grey F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam_440i View Post
Quote:

Thank you

There are definitely different versions in the Chinese market. Looks like the ones you have are the first ones. I think since then there may have been changes already?
I can't be sure but thats the gamble. On Ali express there are several reviews one the xenon Frankenstein ones with positive feedback/review
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam_440i View Post
Quote:

Thank you

As far as I know there are only the xenon "laser" and this one I have

They are all made by the same factory but sold by many different sellers on AliExpress and other channels

Reason why you don't see them on eBay and Amazon yet because they aren't "ready" there are still many small issues yet to be fixed. If they sell it on eBay and Amazon there will be massive return and they know it

Anyway just wait a little longer before buying them. It's tempting but you will be stuck with it like me.
Appreciate 1
BMW BRAD202.50
      11-29-2022, 12:49 PM   #20
Yam_440i
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
As far as I know there are only the xenon "laser" and this one I have

They are all made by the same factory but sold by many different sellers on AliExpress and other channels

Reason why you don't see them on eBay and Amazon yet because they aren't "ready" there are still many small issues yet to be fixed. If they sell it on eBay and Amazon there will be massive return and they know it

Anyway just wait a little longer before buying them. It's tempting but you will be stuck with it like me.
Understood, thank u for looking out for the community
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2022, 04:27 PM   #21
fortythirtyfive
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

I was actually talking to Marius last week who does a lot of headlight installs and coding.. I'm in middle of modifying my icons and needed a new module coding onto the car, I got chatting to him about these and he's had customers with both the xenon frankstein version, plus the actual LED projector versions.

From what I recall he said the main issue was for US customers, as nearly potential customer cars came with xenon adaptives. These knock offs aren't adaptive, they don't have the same build spec and you would have to go as far as retrofitting the correct camera system to get there if they did so happen to be adaptive.

He also said they came with a built in FLE module (ballast module) which is the main suspect for faults and them not working. I would presume this means it's not really possible to code the headlights to the car ECU rendering them pretty useless.

On a positive note hopefully I can find the manufacturer for these as I could do with spare internal trim parts lol. I had to buy a second set of icons to cut open for my most recent project..

Appreciate 1
      12-21-2022, 07:16 PM   #22
Yam_440i
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I was actually talking to Marius last week who does a lot of headlight installs and coding.. I'm in middle of modifying my icons and needed a new module coding onto the car, I got chatting to him about these and he's had customers with both the xenon frankstein version, plus the actual LED projector versions.

From what I recall he said the main issue was for US customers, as nearly potential customer cars came with xenon adaptives. These knock offs aren't adaptive, they don't have the same build spec and you would have to go as far as retrofitting the correct camera system to get there if they did so happen to be adaptive.

He also said they came with a built in FLE module (ballast module) which is the main suspect for faults and them not working. I would presume this means it's not really possible to code the headlights to the car ECU rendering them pretty useless.

On a positive note hopefully I can find the manufacturer for these as I could do with spare internal trim parts lol. I had to buy a second set of icons to cut open for my most recent project..

Do you know if this Marius guy would be open to me asking a few more specific questions about these lights? Could you send me his contact details?
I'm pretty serious about giving one of these a shot depending on a few factors and need to speak to someone who has had real life experience with them*
Appreciate 0