F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > N20/N26 Build Thread!
GetBMWParts

08-09-2019, 11:43 AM   #485
CandyRedRC46
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraganza View Post
Plain Jane here, no m sport for me

What's everyone's opinion on just doing a muffler delete?!
muffler delete = rice
Appreciate 5
esoj37156.00
sspade2464.50
      08-09-2019, 03:55 PM   #486
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

I couldn't imagine a muffler delete. The muffler ^ CandyRed recommended by magnaflow was the perfect amount of sound btw, and a solid throaty note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 1
      08-09-2019, 06:51 PM   #487
jordan35i
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 340i

I have a muffler delete now as well as a resonator delete. Sounds like a try hard ricer and drone is to the max

It's cheap though so can't hurt to try it out

I'm boutta throw a 335i muffler on there because I'm going catless and this thing will guaranteed sound like a shit box if I don't lol

CURRENT: '18 340i
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2019, 10:53 AM   #488
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2019, 04:06 PM   #489
Matt2Fly
Rep
Drives: BMW 328I xdrive MSport

https://youtu.be/ZBqhLrqsx6E

I Have a muff and res delete with a er catless dp
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2020, 01:31 AM   #490
sqwinny
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2013 6MT 328i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by D041987 View Post
I would advise not to replace the ROD bolts unless rebuilding the bottom end. Lot's of parts needed and measuring and dropping the oil pan 3 times in less than 10K miles to check and make sure all is well. If anyone really wants to do it I can give them the step by steps I took but will involve at least two sets of the ARP bolts and one or two sets of stock rods as you will want to measure out the big end of the rod and clamping force of the bolts. You will need special tools to do this and it is not as easy as replacing stock bolts and torqueing them down to factory spec! ARP bolts will have different trq values to keep the stock rods big end as close to 0 out as possible and if one calculation is incorrect you will spin the rods and say good-by to your motor!
Damnit this is something I was thinking of doing. Wouldn't mind knowing the procedure as I didn't want to build the bottom end, just some insurance to push the car to 350whp or so to beat up on some stage 2 n54/n55s 😂

Yes I brought this back from the dead as others might be thinking along the same route as well.
MY13: TTE400 Stage 2 turbo, Spec Single Mass flywheel + Stage 3+ Clutch, FTP V2 Turbo Inlet, Evolution Racewerks Charge pipe + Boost pipe + Intercooler, Turbosmart Recirculating Diverter Valve, aFE grill scoop + aFE Magnum Force Cold Air Intake, B58 coil retrofit, eBay Downpipe, Active Autowerke muffler, DW400 LPFP, B58TU HPFP, M5 s63TU injectors, Bimmermilvs, e80 tune by Navardi Tuned. 380 whp/360 wheel torque stock block
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 08:07 PM   #491
wickedslowF30
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i xDrive

Doesn't seem to be a ton of activity here, but what the hell... this forum has been an awesome resource for me. I bought a '14 328i with 19K miles a couple of years ago as a commuter. Got it up to about 50k before the pandemic happened and she got parked while I work remotely. I don't see myself ever actually commuting again, even if COVID disappears. Well, I got bored and started looking for places to blow some money. Modding the bimmer seemed like fun, so I did a bigger turbo, FMIC, charge pipe and stage 4 software upgrade. Transformed it into a difference car and I was hooked. So, I went on to do the downpipe, cat back exhaust, diverter valve, turbo inlet upgrade, intake, colder plugs and better coils. I'm having a blast playing with this thing and have no idea where I'll stop at this point.

Here's what the whole build looks like right now:

Dinan Big Turbo
VRSF 5" Stepped FMIC
VRSF charge pipe
Turner Motorsport 3.5" silicone turbo inlet
Injen cold air intake
Wagner downpipe with high flow sport cat
Borla S-type stainless cat back exhaust
GFB DV+
Dinantronics stage 4 software upgrade
Bosch Platinum ZMR-5-TPP-330 plugs
Bavarian high performance coils

Transmission is currently coded to sport mode.

The funny thing is that it's a completely bone stock looking 328i base model with non-M bumpers. The only thing I've done to the exterior is LED headlights, DRL, parking lights and fog lights. I don't have any real power numbers yet because I just started this a couple of months ago and it's winter here. I've heard a lot about 400-450hp being pretty much the upper limit of what the N20 can handle on stock internals, fuel delivery and transmission and I think I'm probably pretty close. We'll see for real in the spring though. For now, it's fun when someone pulls up next to me in something you'd expect to smoke a 328 – and then all they see is taillights.

I don't have a timing chain issue, but I plan to have it done this spring as a preventative anyway. At that time we'll probably look into doing the Dinan fuel pump upgrade – I'd like to run e85 at some point. I'd also like to try it on the track in the spring and might do a BM3 transmission flash before that happens.

Anyway, that's my N26 build... for now.
Appreciate 2
rcaso26331.00
VipinLJ1941.50
      01-27-2021, 01:59 AM   #492
f32chris
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 428i Xdrive

Borla Exhaust 2014 428i Xdrive

I'm wondering if any one has installed the Borla Cat Back Exhaust S Type Series (140509) on a 328i or a 428i Xdrive. I was looking at exhaust systems for my car and found that the Borla was the best bang for the buck but sadly it's not a bolt on with my car. What were the modifications you had to do to make the exhaust system work?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2021, 12:21 AM   #493
AR_F30
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Hey y'all - this is my first bimmer and going to be my first build. Bought my mineral grey '16 328i N26 in Jan 2020 with 23k miles on it and now I'm at 36k miles. It was a sportline when I bought it but now it has the M-Sport bumper, 18in VMR 810s in Hyper Silver wrapped in Hankooks, Dinan springs and their handling kit. Picked up a AWE mid pipe today and am looking forward to installing that once I get the rear M-Sport bumper and an exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 01:46 PM   #494
martin_Tylinski
Rep
Drives: 2013 f30 n26

just got a 2013 328i , gonna follow your mod list

do you recommend i start with performance mods or exterior mods ?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 01:48 PM   #495
martin_Tylinski
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR_F30 View Post
Hey y'all - this is my first bimmer and going to be my first build. Bought my mineral grey '16 328i N26 in Jan 2020 with 23k miles on it and now I'm at 36k miles. It was a sportline when I bought it but now it has the M-Sport bumper, 18in VMR 810s in Hyper Silver wrapped in Hankooks, Dinan springs and their handling kit. Picked up a AWE mid pipe today and am looking forward to installing that once I get the rear M-Sport bumper and an exhaust.
update?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 01:53 PM   #496
martin_Tylinski
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedslowF30 View Post
Doesn't seem to be a ton of activity here, but what the hell... this forum has been an awesome resource for me. I bought a '14 328i with 19K miles a couple of years ago as a commuter. Got it up to about 50k before the pandemic happened and she got parked while I work remotely. I don't see myself ever actually commuting again, even if COVID disappears. Well, I got bored and started looking for places to blow some money. Modding the bimmer seemed like fun, so I did a bigger turbo, FMIC, charge pipe and stage 4 software upgrade. Transformed it into a difference car and I was hooked. So, I went on to do the downpipe, cat back exhaust, diverter valve, turbo inlet upgrade, intake, colder plugs and better coils. I'm having a blast playing with this thing and have no idea where I'll stop at this point.

Dinan Big Turbo
VRSF 5" Stepped FMIC
VRSF charge pipe
Injen cold air intake
GFB DV+

The funny thing is that it's a completely bone stock looking 328i base model with non-M bumpers. The only thing I've done to the exterior is LED headlights, DRL, parking lights and fog lights. I don't have any real power numbers yet because I just started this a couple of months ago and it's winter here. I've heard a lot about 400-450hp being pretty much the upper limit of what the N20 can handle on stock internals, fuel delivery and transmission and I think I'm probably pretty close. We'll see for real in the spring though. For now, it's fun when someone pulls up next to me in something you'd expect to smoke a 328 – and then all they see is taillights.

I don't have a timing chain issue, but I plan to have it done this spring as a preventative anyway. At that time we'll probably look into doing the Dinan fuel pump upgrade – I'd like to run e85 at some point. I'd also like to try it on the track in the spring and might do a BM3 transmission flash before that happens.

"it's fun when someone pulls up next to me in something you'd expect to smoke a 328 – and then all they see is taillights."
haha i love that bro
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 06:08 PM   #497
HRMendez
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 328xi

Quote:

Dinan Big Turbo
VRSF 5" Stepped FMIC
VRSF charge pipe
Injen cold air intake
GFB DV+

Quote:

Dinan Big Turbo
VRSF 5" Stepped FMIC
VRSF charge pipe
Injen cold air intake
GFB DV+

Too bad us guys with the n26 variant won't be able to replicate this since dinans tune for the n26 only goes to stage 1. i wonder if everything you listed but bm3 instead of dinantronics would give similar results. but insane build man 🤌
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2022, 08:20 AM   #498
sqwinny
Major
No_Country
Rep

If you guys dig around, there's some pretty good builds around. Some are here but post very infrequently, most are on the Facebook n20 group page I think.
MY13: TTE400 Stage 2 turbo, Spec Single Mass flywheel + Stage 3+ Clutch, FTP V2 Turbo Inlet, Evolution Racewerks Charge pipe + Boost pipe + Intercooler, Turbosmart Recirculating Diverter Valve, aFE grill scoop + aFE Magnum Force Cold Air Intake, B58 coil retrofit, eBay Downpipe, Active Autowerke muffler, DW400 LPFP, B58TU HPFP, M5 s63TU injectors, Bimmermilvs, e80 tune by Navardi Tuned. 380 whp/360 wheel torque stock block
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 04:39 AM   #499
navardi
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: Built N20 BMW 220i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqwinny View Post
If you guys dig around, there's some pretty good builds around. Some are here but post very infrequently, most are on the Facebook n20 group page I think.
yep most are on the FB pages or Discord group,

lots of dev on this platform N20/N26 since this post was made.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2022, 08:15 PM   #500
mostafa shesheny
Registered
Rep
Drives: f30 328i

Does dinan big turbo actually good ? And how much PSI it will hold
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2022, 11:06 AM   #501
sqwinny
Major
No_Country
Rep

Dinan for the price isn't worth it. MHI turbo is better as you get an entire turbo charger but Dinan/MHI turbo allows for 20-30 whp more over the stock turbo on 93 + custom tune.

Stage 2 n20/n26 with all parts outs down around 260-280whp with good 93 fuel. Custom tune moves this up to around 290-300 whp on 93. E30 OTS map makes close to 300whp, custom tune is 310-320whp with e50 or higher.

With MHI/Dinan turbo it's around 310-320 whp on 93. ethanol mixes /meth injection is around 340-350whp.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2022, 11:15 PM   #502
M2_MEDUSA
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Comp. SpecialEdition

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqwinny View Post
Dinan for the price isn't worth it. MHI turbo is better as you get an entire turbo charger but Dinan/MHI turbo allows for 20-30 whp more over the stock turbo on 93 + custom tune.

Stage 2 n20/n26 with all parts outs down around 260-280whp with good 93 fuel. Custom tune moves this up to around 290-300 whp on 93. E30 OTS map makes close to 300whp, custom tune is 310-320whp with e50 or higher.

With MHI/Dinan turbo it's around 310-320 whp on 93. ethanol mixes /meth injection is around 340-350whp.

Hope this helps.
This is spot on, When i ran e60 and meth i made about 320.
      01-10-2023, 11:16 PM   #503
UhhItsANT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by THbimmer View Post
Car has stalled on me while driving ... turned it off and on again and went fine.... check the OBD codes and it shows me this...

D01646 Message (angle, accelerator pedal, 40.1.4) missing, receiver ICM, transmitter DME/DDE
D018E1 Message (torque, crankshaft 1, 40.1.4) missing, receiver ICM, transmitter DME/DDE
D01557 Message (wheel torque, engine 1, 41.3.4) missing, receiver ICM, transmitter DME/DDE
D01558 Message (wheel torque, engine 2, 41.3.4) missing, receiver ICM, transmitter DME/DDE
D0156D Message (wheel torque, engine 3, 61.3.4) missing, receiver ICM, transmitter DME/DDE
D01570 Message (wheel torque, engine 4, 40.3.4) missing, receiver ICM, transmitter DME/DDE
D01B3F Message (wheel torque, engine 5, 40.3.4) missing, receiver ICM, transmitter DME/DDE
D01A08 Message (wheel torque, engine 6, 61.3.4) missing, receiver ICM, transmitter DME/DDE

Any ideas? i have searched and can't find anything....

Much Appreciated guys.
did you solve this problem? if so can you advise what you did?
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2023, 09:46 PM   #504
Coriega16
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328i xdrive

I'm interested in buying the oem parts you removed for the intake install. Or if anyone could provide a list of parts for a 2016 328i n26 to put it back to stock from an injen intake system?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2023, 08:16 PM   #505
sqwinny
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coriega16 View Post
I'm interested in buying the oem parts you removed for the intake install. Or if anyone could provide a list of parts for a 2016 328i n26 to put it back to stock from an injen intake system?
1. https://www.ebay.com/itm/11599822917...mis&media=COPY

2. https://www.ebay.com/itm/15595154366...mis&media=COPY

That’s it.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2023, 02:44 PM   #506
5mall5nail5
Not stock
United_States
Rep
Drives: E34 525i Turbo

Are there any N26 intakes that don't throw codes? Had MST intake on mine and it sounded good for about 3 - 5 miles and would throw a code.
1987 325e
Appreciate 0