F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > F36
GetBMWParts

01-29-2020, 10:00 AM   #89
F36GC_NYC
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 EB 435GC xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayzar View Post
Fab Speed is what I was looking to get. AWE is loud but it's and good exhaust. I am running the M performace exhaust with stage 1 from burger tuner. but once i get the DP will be switching over to BM3. I'll be at Vans on sSt early around noon, swing by i would like to see what your sounds like.
whats you IG if you have one. Shoot it in a DM
im running an ER catless atm, but eventually i will switch over to fabspeed or AA, cause ......inspection. lol

awe is loud, and i kinda want/like that lol, the m performance is a bit tamed for me.

im at work now...but i usually see van on mondays. i have a short video clip from when i got it done at the shop PM me your # and ill send you the video.

did you car come with the M performance exhaust or you added it later?
      01-29-2020, 10:05 AM   #90
F36GC_NYC
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen13 F36 View Post
Love my AWE quad, I still have a stock dp so it's just perfect.
awe has a quad? i dont recall seeing it on the website or is yours custom? or are you talking just the tips? .....
      01-29-2020, 10:18 AM   #91
Gen13 F36
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 428i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by F36GC_NYC View Post
awe has a quad? i dont recall seeing it on the website or is yours custom? or are you talking just the tips? .....
Like most exhaust with quad tip out there. They are basically dual exit like the one found on your 435i with split tip for a quad look.... there no fake tip like Remus( I'm not talking shit here just a sample). I know I know it's all for looks expensive at that
Appreciate 1
F36GC_NYC159.50
      01-29-2020, 10:33 AM   #92
F36GC_NYC
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Like most exhaust with quad tip out there. They are basically dual exit like the one found on your 435i with split tip for a quad look.... there no fake tip like Remus( I'm not talking shit here just a sample). I know I know it's all for looks expensive at that
ahhh ok..lol fair enough, #quadsquad

do you plan on doing the DP ever?
      01-29-2020, 12:20 PM   #93
Gen13 F36
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
ahhh ok..lol fair enough, #quadsquad

do you plan on doing the DP ever?
No plan for DP... just an intercooler as soon as my warranty is over. I notice pulling timing during summer with BM3 s1.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 12:30 PM   #94
F36GC_NYC
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No plan for DP... just an intercooler as soon as my warranty is over. I notice pulling timing during summer with BM3 s1.
ahh ok cool.... i just confirmed a deal for the awe touring axle back 102mm diamond black tip.

should be installed monday and video to follow after...
      01-29-2020, 01:23 PM   #95
SVTruong
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 428i GC, '15 640i GC

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTruong View Post
My f36 before it got totaled...
damn bro sorry to hear that
All good. I'm alive. Dude hit me head on. Lucky I had a dash cam.

Video is here:

Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 01:42 PM   #96
F36GC_NYC
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTruong View Post
All good. I'm alive. Dude hit me head on. Lucky I had a dash cam.

Video is here:

holy cow! that BS dodge neon?

glad to hear your unharmed and in a 6 series

lets see some pics....

and this is a reminder i need to get my dashcam ASAP!!!
      01-29-2020, 02:58 PM   #97
Gen13 F36
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
holy cow! that BS dodge neon?

glad to hear your unharmed and in a 6 series

lets see some pics....

and this is a reminder i need to get my dashcam ASAP!!!
Are you ok F36GC, it's a 4 series.

OP... good to know your ok.

That's a good crumple zone.

You know when you look at the sticker on this car on the dealers lot...safety stars are always missing.
Appreciate 1
F36GC_NYC159.50
      01-29-2020, 05:41 PM   #98
F36GC_NYC
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Are you ok F36GC, it's a 4 series.

OP... good to know your ok.

That's a good crumple zone.

You know when you look at the sticker on this car on the dealers lot...safety stars are always missing.
to answer your question i am NOT ok, but if you can provide me with the winning lotto numbers that will set me straight.....having said that, i know he was driving a bmw, but a neon struck him lol
      01-30-2020, 06:11 AM   #99
Icecph
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Ugh loving the m sport line look. Got stuck with baseline
Appreciate 1
F36GC_NYC159.50
      01-30-2020, 09:22 AM   #100
F36GC_NYC
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecph View Post
Ugh loving the m sport line look. Got stuck with baseline
i wouldnt say stuck... its a minor set back, you can def update the front back and side... will cost a bit extra but IMO well worth it to have what you want...
      01-30-2020, 10:02 AM   #101
Icecph
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
i wouldnt say stuck... its a minor set back, you can def update the front back and side... will cost a bit extra but IMO well worth it to have what you want...
Mmm depends on how much you mean by “a bit extra”....
I asked a local Body Shop for a quote just for the front conversion, with installation and paint job, 5k lol. 5k alone for front, then back and sides...might as well get the sport line from the start *facepalm
And luxury line doesn’t have a lot of options when it comes to mods.
Would anyone here know if F30 LCI standard front bumper front splitter would fit F36 standard front?
In other words, is it the same or similar dimensions for f30 and f36?

Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 11:25 AM   #102
F36GC_NYC
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Mmm depends on how much you mean by “a bit extra”....
I asked a local Body Shop for a quote just for the front conversion, with installation and paint job, 5k lol. 5k alone for front, then back and sides...might as well get the sport line from the start *facepalm
And luxury line doesn’t have a lot of options when it comes to mods.
Would anyone here know if F30 LCI standard front bumper front splitter would fit F36 standard front?
In other words, is it the same or similar dimensions for f30 and f36?

ppl in business arent all honest and fair, that being said you need to shop around ask around and be vigilant.

the conversion doesnt require any body modifications(almost 99% sure) its literally raising the car and taking off bunch screws and putting the new one in its place and securing it with screws.

there are a few ppl on here who have done the full conversion... im not sure if they did it themselves or had a shop do it, but no way in HELL would anything like this even come close to 5k.

the only expensive part of this process is the parts itself,(also paint)..sometimes u can get it painted already.....do you want to go OEM(obviously the most expensive) there are tons of aftermarket options as well, which should fit perfectly.... also check the classified to see what ppl are selling.

also the f30 is a 335 if im not mistake and f36 is the 4 series GC, so they are not the same.

a more fair or proper comparison would be f32 to f36. both being 4 series.

plus, it doesnt have to happen ALL at once.. do it piece by piece..
      01-30-2020, 05:56 PM   #103
Icecph
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Cool

Quote:
ppl in business arent all honest and fair, that being said you need to shop around ask around and be vigilant.

the conversion doesnt require any body modifications(almost 99% sure) its literally raising the car and taking off bunch screws and putting the new one in its place and securing it with screws.

there are a few ppl on here who have done the full conversion... im not sure if they did it themselves or had a shop do it, but no way in HELL would anything like this even come close to 5k.

the only expensive part of this process is the parts itself,(also paint)..sometimes u can get it painted already.....do you want to go OEM(obviously the most expensive) there are tons of aftermarket options as well, which should fit perfectly.... also check the classified to see what ppl are selling.

also the f30 is a 335 if im not mistake and f36 is the 4 series GC, so they are not the same.

a more fair or proper comparison would be f32 to f36. both being 4 series.

plus, it doesnt have to happen ALL at once.. do it piece by piece..
Hah yea, when I heard the estimation I was shocked that it’d cost that much, that place got quite a good rating locally. Said I’m expected to pay 4.7k even if I bought the parts myself. And thank you for shedding the light.

I’m asking around now and it seems like it is what you said, that the parts should fit without much modification other than taking the bumper off and replacing it.
Trying to find the right parts with paint and see if I can do it on my own.

Whether F32 or F36, if standard bumper, there isn’t a lot of splitter choices...and almost 2/3 price of conversion to m sport bumper. And you’re right, it doesn’t need to happen all at once, I guess we all have the urge to tune our beloved rides to the way we like it asap >
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 06:02 PM   #104
F36GC_NYC
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hah yea, when I heard the estimation I was shocked that it’d cost that much, that place got quite a good rating locally. Said I’m expected to pay 4.7k even if I bought the parts myself. And thank you for shedding the light.

I’m asking around now and it seems like it is what you said, that the parts should fit without much modification other than taking the bumper off and replacing it.
Trying to find the right parts with paint and see if I can do it on my own.

Whether F32 or F36, if standard bumper, there isn’t a lot of splitter choices...and almost 2/3 price of conversion to m sport bumper. And you’re right, it doesn’t need to happen all at once, I guess we all have the urge to tune our beloved rides to the way we like it asap >
i dont want to bad mouth anyone, but there is no way in HELL it should/could possible cost that much... TBH there are tons of aftermarket options for our cars that fits perfectly. Im not sure if you are FIXED on oem parts(which you can image will be the most expensive)

keep an eye out on the classified for ppl who got a new bumper they might be selling their old M bumper, lotta ppl upgrade to the m3/m4 style.

also if you going to do these, you might want to look into m3/m4 "style" bumpers, just make sure the material isnt cheap and one that is prone to crack... you will be doing ton of research (well worth it in my opinion) installation if fairly simple, you just need to be able to jack up your car a few feet off the ground, and worse case if you are uncomfortable, labor for this type of stuff should NOT exceed a few hundred TOPS! they are literally just raising the car taking off 1000(lol) screws and putting the new bumper on and the 1000 screws back on.

the part i feel which CAN cost the most is the painting, so as your searching see if you can find the parts already painted.

GL!

do what you need to do, but well thought out and patiently and you should have no regrets nor should u be wasting cash.
      01-30-2020, 11:43 PM   #105
Icecph
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
i dont want to bad mouth anyone, but there is no way in HELL it should/could possible cost that much... TBH there are tons of aftermarket options for our cars that fits perfectly. Im not sure if you are FIXED on oem parts(which you can image will be the most expensive)

keep an eye out on the classified for ppl who got a new bumper they might be selling their old M bumper, lotta ppl upgrade to the m3/m4 style.

also if you going to do these, you might want to look into m3/m4 "style" bumpers, just make sure the material isnt cheap and one that is prone to crack... you will be doing ton of research (well worth it in my opinion) installation if fairly simple, you just need to be able to jack up your car a few feet off the ground, and worse case if you are uncomfortable, labor for this type of stuff should NOT exceed a few hundred TOPS! they are literally just raising the car taking off 1000(lol) screws and putting the new bumper on and the 1000 screws back on.

the part i feel which CAN cost the most is the painting, so as your searching see if you can find the parts already painted.

GL!

do what you need to do, but well thought out and patiently and you should have no regrets nor should u be wasting cash.
Lol I couldn't believe it either. With that price I could probably get the front back and sides done too 😂
And nah, I'd prefer non OEM, even if I don't need to worry about money spent. There are just more aftermarket parts that are more creative and perhaps lesser priced.
Frankly, I've been doing a lot research, which is why when I heard the price, I know it's outrageous. Checked M4 style bumpers, similar pricing. I guess what's left is really where I get the paint done.
And if it's necessary to buy a car jack...or is it possible to rent one from Home Depot, would you know?
Cause obviously the more you do it on your own, the more money one could save. Plus all the "time and fun" doing it LOL
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2020, 09:37 AM   #106
Johnny Chuttz
Rep
Drives: 2019 430i Gran Coupé

F36 Representing

2019 430i

I initially thought the 4 cyl would be quick enough after driving the 6 cyl, but I truly wish I would have gone with the 6 after 4 months.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
F36GC_NYC159.50
      01-31-2020, 11:53 AM   #107
F36GC_NYC
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Chuttz View Post
F36 Representing

2019 430i

I initially thought the 4 cyl would be quick enough after driving the 6 cyl, but I truly wish I would have gone with the 6 after 4 months.
we live and learn, there is always next time... is this a lease?

regardless very nice...., you can always up the power with some minor mods...
      01-31-2020, 11:58 AM   #108
F36GC_NYC
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Lol I couldn't believe it either. With that price I could probably get the front back and sides done too 😂
And nah, I'd prefer non OEM, even if I don't need to worry about money spent. There are just more aftermarket parts that are more creative and perhaps lesser priced.
Frankly, I've been doing a lot research, which is why when I heard the price, I know it's outrageous. Checked M4 style bumpers, similar pricing. I guess what's left is really where I get the paint done.
And if it's necessary to buy a car jack...or is it possible to rent one from Home Depot, would you know?
Cause obviously the more you do it on your own, the more money one could save. Plus all the "time and fun" doing it LOL
you will need a jack to have a clean install....

tbh im not sure if home depo does rent these types of tools, but def worth a phone call to them or even a google search.

IF i had the space and time i would do it myself, its not really mechanical, just requires time and patience... and im sure there are tons of DYI videos online so you can follow along.
      02-01-2020, 08:12 AM   #109
Icecph
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
you will need a jack to have a clean install....

tbh im not sure if home depo does rent these types of tools, but def worth a phone call to them or even a google search.

IF i had the space and time i would do it myself, its not really mechanical, just requires time and patience... and im sure there are tons of DYI videos online so you can follow along.
Ugh I don't think I have the space haha was thinking I might do it in the residence parking space
Or maybe wait until my bumper got some serious damage (which happened never) 😂

Having a car jack would be easier to install for sure
I'm still pondering whether to just get a front splitter or getting a whole new bumper...
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2020, 09:36 AM   #110
F36GC_NYC
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ugh I don't think I have the space haha was thinking I might do it in the residence parking space
Or maybe wait until my bumper got some serious damage (which happened never) 😂

Having a car jack would be easier to install for sure
I'm still pondering whether to just get a front splitter or getting a whole new bumper...
i would save up and get either the m3/m4 bumper oem or "style(aftermarket)" or the m performance again same oem or aftermarket.

After that then figure out what splitter you want to attach to it.