F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > Very minor bumper damage - suggest an auto body in Northern NJ
GetBMWParts

06-24-2019, 04:01 PM   #1
GD1981
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

Very minor bumper damage - suggest an auto body in Northern NJ

Hello All-
Recently sustained some very minor damage on the front right corner bumper of my 2018 340i. The car requires some paint. Anyway, the other day, I stopped by a reputable, local body shop to field an initial estimate.

The estimate came out to nearly $1300. Quite a bit more than I anticipated. The guy that provided the estimate did tell me that he would remove the entire bumper to do the job, and he also did mention that for BMWs, a "Pre-Scan and Post scan of the vehicle" is required. This was his approach in painting the bumper and he would not do it any other way.

That being said, I feel that paying $1300 is simply way too steep a price to pay for the damage I'm looking to repair, so does anyone here have a suggestion of other auto body shops to contact in the North Jersey area?
Thanks in advance.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 07:12 PM   #2
John in VA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i M Sport

Try posting in the NY/NJ/CT regional forum. Perhaps you'll find a local referral. Good luck! https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=401
2015 BMW 228i in EstorilBlau II Metallic / Terra Dakota Leather - 6-speed manual, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Lighting Package, Premium Package, Harman Kardon premium sound, Anti-theft alarm system, Blue Metallic Matt Accent Moldings, Aluminum Hexagon Interior Strips, Anthracite Headlining
Appreciate 0