F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Front End Noise
proTUNING Freaks

01-19-2024, 10:23 AM   #1
Ggorr18
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 4 series F32

Front End Noise

Hi All

Looking for some advice please if possible

I have a 435d F36 2016 and couple of weeks ago in the snow as I was turning into my street the car slid causing the right side of the car to collide with the kerb.

I managed to get the car up the street to my house but when turning into my drive it was clear something was wrong.

So on investigation I could see the lower control arm was badly bent.

I have since replaced the 2 front control and suspension arms on the front and I also have done the suspension arms and control arms on the back all right hand side.

I took the car for 4 wheel alignment and on route could hear the front wheel bearing had started to go.

I got the 4 wheel alignment done and ordered and replaced the front right wheel bearing.

Sorry for the log story but what you to know what has happen recently.

Now here is my problem when I’m in the car when I get to just going on 60 mph I can hear a slight wheel bearing noise but only as I’m going on 60 as soon as I drop to 50 it goes away.

I was wondering if it could be the driveshaft knuckle that’s been damaged with the impact and that is now causing the noise.

Any help on this would be appreciated

Thanks
Appreciate 0