F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > A Heart with 4 Cylinders - Making of the N20
Extreme Powerhouse

10-15-2020, 08:03 PM   #23
bheng89
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 328xi

I tend to hold onto my cars for a pretty significant amount of time. Last car (03 MBZ) is still within the family and running to this day.

However, I am at a toss up for my MY2013 328. I love the car because it carries sentimental value. With 80k on the odo... I am planning to get the TC checked within the next 5-7k miles. I think if I end up changing it, I'll keep it for the long haul. It has seriously kept a smile on my face through some stressful times (nothing like hearing that turbo spool and release after a long day).

On the other hand, moving up to its 6 cylinder variant is enticing. Used market is great and you get a bit more reliability, not to mention more options in aftermarket parts to install. But let's be real here, moving up in power is only going to get me into more trouble. Maybe I'll consider the new G series in a few years. For now, I'll enjoy this car and continue to drive it like I stole it.

2019 440i xDrive | Muffler Delete |
Appreciate 0