F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > rate and incentive lock for order
Extreme Powerhouse

07-17-2017, 08:21 AM   #1
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

rate and incentive lock for order

I have gotten conflicting information so looking to clear up my understanding of the 60 day rate/incentive lock (90 days on west coast).

Is the 60 days from the last day of the promotion or 60 days from the day you put the order in with the dealer?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2017, 08:57 AM   #2
hoyas490
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 M550i

Will let a CA or someone with more experience answer definitively, but from my experience with my 528 in 2015 it was 60 days from date of order being submitted/committed to the dealer.

Though we did Euro Delivery so either we did get an extension or they just "start" the rate when you take delivery at the Welt.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2017, 08:28 AM   #3
metallicpea
Major
Rep
Drives: 320i ZSP & E46 M3 6MT

The timing is all based on the final purchase paperwork. For ED usually about 2 weeks before pick-up in Munich. I'm not sure exactly when that is for other orders, but I would suspect right around or just before it is built - but perhaps pushed back if dealer doesn't mind extending their risk on the unpaid order. Has to be after confirmed and VIN assigned.
2016 F30 320i ZSP
2003 E46 325it ZSP 5MT
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2017, 09:40 AM   #4
jjrandorin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435 & 2016 X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlover View Post
I have gotten conflicting information so looking to clear up my understanding of the 60 day rate/incentive lock (90 days on west coast).

Is the 60 days from the last day of the promotion or 60 days from the day you put the order in with the dealer?
Its the end of promotion date, per an active CA over at bimmerfest (this question has been asked before).

So, if you are NOT in the west coast (so 60 day lock) and put your order in on july 15 (making the 60 day lock september 15th roughly), you would get to the END of septembers programs.. whether thats september 30th, or October 1st (depending on the end of the program date).

NOW....

With that being said, WHAT is lockable and what is not is where you WILL get hung up. The rates are always lockable. the INCENTIVES may or may not be lockable (which is likely where you are getting your conflicting information). It depends on the specific incentive.

This CA has mentioned in the past that he had to make himself a book that he updates himself, to keep track of lockable vs not lockable incentives.

So dont expect a definitive answer on which INCENTIVES are lockable, and which are not, because there isnt one. You have to examine each incentive you think you qualify for and look. You should be using a CA who can help you navigate that point because you are not going to be able to figure out which incentives lock during the lock period without one.

Even with reading the fine print on each offer, its sometimes ambiguous.

So you will get your Money factor / interest rate. Anything else depends on the exact incentive.
Appreciate 2
xlover2191.00
otay826.00
      07-22-2017, 06:05 PM   #5
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrandorin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlover View Post

Its the end of promotion date, per an active CA over at bimmerfest (this question has been asked before).

So, if you are NOT in the west coast (so 60 day lock) and put your order in on july 15 (making the 60 day lock september 15th roughly), you would get to the END of septembers programs.. whether thats september 30th, or October 1st (depending on the end of the program date).

NOW....

With that being said, WHAT is lockable and what is not is where you WILL get hung up. The rates are always lockable. the INCENTIVES may or may not be lockable (which is likely where you are getting your conflicting information). It depends on the specific incentive.

This CA has mentioned in the past that he had to make himself a book that he updates himself, to keep track of lockable vs not lockable incentives.

So dont expect a definitive answer on which INCENTIVES are lockable, and which are not, because there isnt one. You have to examine each incentive you think you qualify for and look. You should be using a CA who can help you navigate that point because you are not going to be able to figure out which incentives lock during the lock period without one.

Even with reading the fine print on each offer, its sometimes ambiguous.

So you will get your Money factor / interest rate. Anything else depends on the exact incentive.
Thanks, exactly what I was looking for!

Aware of the variability between different incentives lockability appreciate the detail
Appreciate 0