F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > 2019 Sport vs Luxury
GetBMWParts

07-24-2018, 03:18 PM   #1
mib
Registered
Rep
Drives: boring

2019 Sport vs Luxury

Other than cosmetic appearance are there any important differences between these lines in the current model year? Older posts suggest a Sport suspension and Sport+ mode exclusive to that line but I can't find its correlate on the ordering guide. Presumably that isn't true any more?

And what is "deletion of the sport instrument cluster", anyway? The standard component for both lines appears to be 6WA (and 6WB as an upgrade for both), so what exactly is the difference?
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2018, 03:40 PM   #2
rak299
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 6MT

I just went through the same process. There are some differences in interior options and some of the dashes look a little different. The shadow sport line is a little more expensive but the Park Distance Control is included so the prices are basically the same. M Sport comes with the "M" steering wheel. Shadow sport line has some black trim. If you want to buy sport suspension you can buy separately with M Sport package. Other lines, you need to get it as part of track handling package. Color options are different, and the grills are different. (If you use the configurer and go to the front view, you can see the difference.) Wheel options are different on M Sport and M sport has some side trim that is different.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2018, 04:22 PM   #3
mib
Registered
Rep

Sorry, forgot to specify that I'm looking at the 4 series so the only lines available are Sport, Luxury and M Sport. For now I'm interested in just comparing the Sport vs Luxury lines since they appear to have the same cost in the configurator. Sport seems to be the "base" line but I wanna know what I'm missing out by not selecting Luxury.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2018, 11:27 AM   #4
rak299
Major
United_States
Rep

What 4-series? 2-door? 4-door Gran Coupe? Convertible?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2018, 11:28 AM   #5
mib
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rak299 View Post
What 4-series? 2-door? 4-door Gran Coupe? Convertible?
Convertible, if that matters.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2018, 12:34 PM   #6
rak299
Major
United_States
Rep

Sport vs. luxury looks cosmetic. I suggest going through the whole process with the configurator before deciding what is "cheaper". On the convertible, the M Sport includes heated seats, blind spot detection and a couple of other things, so cheaper may not really be cheaper after you add the options you want. I was looking at a 3 series and there were 4 lines. 3 were the same price and the shadow sport edition looked more expensive, but when you ran the configurator, it was cheaper by a few dollars if you got the package that included the cameras, because shadow sport included the proximity sensors. I assume they only make the bumper covers with the sensor holes for that line. It was my experience that the M Sport package models are easier to sell because buyers read about options and think that having "M" in the name must make it go faster. For me, the M sport options were not a good choice because the front bumper sticks down a little farther and I need to take a car up a rough, steep driveway at a cabin, occasionally. The extra 1/2" is more important to me than resale.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2018, 05:28 AM   #7
pakwheels
Registered
Rep
Drives: Honda Accord

Any changes other than cosmetic?

Are there any other changes other than cosmetic changes?
Appreciate 0