F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Washing machine and tumble dryer
GetBMWParts

11-20-2023, 07:59 AM   #23
DB118D
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 118d Sport

We ditched our tumble dryer a while back. Never really seen the need for it since

We have a Samsung washer, 3 years old that came with a 5 year warranty at the time. Zero complaints
Appreciate 1
Rbrown2765.50
      12-01-2023, 10:04 AM   #24
MooLard
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335d touring

I got encouraged to buy an integrated AEG washer with heat pumper dryer about a year ago when renovating our kitchen, and it has been great. Heat pump drying does take longer but apparently it's half the cost to run.
We don't put our sports clothes through the drying mode, instead that goes on an airer for about 24 hours with a small dehumidifier nearby to capture the moisture.
I didn't get AEG through the whole kitchen as other brands were cheaper with the same features, think availability was a factor at the time too.

2016 435xd GC, MTC intercooler, centre and back box deletes, GKR stage 2 remap, methanol injection, H&R lowering springs. To do: wash it.
Appreciate 1
Rbrown2765.50
      12-02-2023, 01:25 PM   #25
Pond
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4, F31 and Z3 project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsey View Post
Bought a Miele washing machine which had an 8 year warranty. It broke down JUST inside the warranty period so I tried to get Miele to repair it. Miele told me that although the machine was sold with an 8 year warranty you had to 'claim' it by completing and returning a form from inside the user manual. It capitulated and agreed that the wording of that condition wasn't clear, but refused to provide the repair.

Miele - never again.
Had similar. Bought a Miele washing machine for about £3,000,000 as was fed up with throwing cheap crap away after a few years. It came with a 12 year warranty (yes 12 years)!

Eight years in the bearings went on the drum. Engineer cam out (FOC) and confirmed bearings were knackered.
Miele said it was 'beyond repair' and their warranty didn't cover for replacement appliances, just repair. I told them to repair it under the warranty then, but they flatly refused. Offered me 50% discount on a new machine.
So had to buy a new Miele for about £200 more than any other make, with 50% discount.
Warranty is not all it's cracked up to be with them.
New one is 18 months old and randomly keeps flashing a 'water inlet' fault. There is no fault with the water supply, or the hose.

Bosch condensing tumble dryer. 9 years old now and never missed a beat. Cost 1/4 of the equivalent Miele dryer.

HP dryers are a bit of a gimmick TBH with loads more to go wrong. Basically they have a 'fridge inside them as well as the drying gubbins.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2023, 01:45 PM   #26
Pond
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4, F31 and Z3 project

Just remembered aswell..Miele washing machines have a digital hour counter built in which an engineer can scan to see the amount of work it's done. If it's over a designated amount (I think it's 200 hours per year of warranty) they won't honour the warranty. They don't advertise this!
Ours was way under (about half) and the bearings were shot.
Appreciate 1
Rbrown2765.50