F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > shocking story
ARMA SPEED

12-12-2023, 05:35 AM   #1
winther1
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i Gran Coupe with MPPSK

shocking story

https://news.sky.com/story/man-who-r...ailed-13028524

While the act itself is outrageous, I am equally appalled that nobody intervened. Absolutely shameful that he appeared to have the freedom to finish the rape in peace while people ignored and got on with their journey.
Watsey6415.50
      12-12-2023, 06:10 AM   #2
kzg1969
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp / M3 E93

There is no place for a person like that in our society.
Appreciate 1
SkyJawa3718.50
      12-12-2023, 07:43 AM   #3
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

Quote:
Originally Posted by winther1 View Post

While the act itself is outrageous, I am equally appalled that nobody intervened. Absolutely shameful that he appeared to have the freedom to finish the rape in peace while people ignored and got on with their journey.
While I get your sentiment, we live in a world where you can get stabbed at a moments notice, the type of person to do something like that is the type of person to pull a knife if you try to intervene.

Not justifying, but putting over a perspective others present may perhaps have thought.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2023, 08:10 AM   #4
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

Quote:

That tells me that people have become accustomed to turning away rather than standing-up for what's right and to help others. Really quite cowardly behaviour.
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 3
winther11819.50
danb19791892.50
Stainy265.00
      12-12-2023, 08:19 AM   #5
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsey View Post
That tells me that people have become accustomed to turning away rather than standing-up for what's right and to help others. Really quite cowardly behaviour.
I'm not sure I would be looking to intervene. Maybe I am a coward but better a live coward than a dead hero.... remember Billy dont be a hero, Paper lace. Message still stands

Given he claimed consensual and they needed the french national to provide evidence it wasnt, how could you be sure it wasnt just a randy couple on their way home from a heavy night out?

Reporting to the "see it, say it, sorted" number would be on my list to do.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2023, 08:45 AM   #6
winther1
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
I'm not sure I would be looking to intervene. Maybe I am a coward but better a live coward than a dead hero.... remember Billy dont be a hero, Paper lace. Message still stands

Given he claimed consensual and they needed the french national to provide evidence it wasnt, how could you be sure it wasnt just a randy couple on their way home from a heavy night out?

According to the story, the 20-year old was sleeping on the train and he came to rape her. They didn't sit on the train as a couple. Of course this subhuman would claim it was consensual, but I'm sure none of the passengers saw it as anything but rape and assault.
I can say without a shadow of a doubt that I would not pretend to be busy on instagram while a 20-year old girl is being raped in front of me. Not sure how you can live with yourself knowing a girl had her life ruined because you decided to be a pussy.
      12-12-2023, 09:20 AM   #7
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
According to the story, the 20-year old was sleeping on the train and he came to rape her. They didn't sit on the train as a couple. Of course this subhuman would claim it was consensual, but I'm sure none of the passengers saw it as anything but rape and assault.
I can say without a shadow of a doubt that I would not pretend to be busy on instagram while a 20-year old girl is being raped in front of me. Not sure how you can live with yourself knowing a girl had her life ruined because you decided to be a pussy.
Well I wasnt there to see what happened I cant comment with fact - I was making a suggestion. Who knows unless you were there...? He could have been with her when they got on?

And its easy, a colleague was stabbed to death many years ago when someone tried to nick the days takings. I'd like to be around to see my grandkids grow up. Getting killed might ruin a few more lives. Being big and hard and dead isnt very helpful really...
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2023, 09:22 AM   #8
winther1
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Well I wasnt there to see what happened I cant comment with fact - I was making a suggestion. Who knows unless you were there...? He could have been with her when they got on?

And its easy, a colleague was stabbed to death many years ago when someone tried to nick the days takings. I'd like to be around to see my grandkids grow up. Getting killed might ruin a few more lives. Being big and hard and dead isnt very helpful really...
Someone getting stuff nicked, sure - I will not get involved. A prolonged rape of a young girl in front of me is a little different. I just don't see how you can justify looking on passively until he finished the job...maybe I am just out of touch with public sentiment in 2023
danb19791892.50
Stainy265.00
      12-12-2023, 09:36 AM   #9
crAbb
As above, so it is below
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:

The trouble is, if everyone took this attitude, the bad guys would over run us.
Appreciate 1
winther11819.50
      12-12-2023, 09:42 AM   #10
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Someone getting stuff nicked, sure - I will not get involved. A prolonged rape of a young girl in front of me is a little different. I just don't see how you can justify looking on passively until he finished the job...maybe I am just out of touch with public sentiment in 2023
I'm not sure looking on passively would be the words I'd use and you are using words to fit what you want it to be. The French dude didnt stop it and was there. Nor did anyone else. The question is why, Maybe they werent sure, maybe they were feeling threatened by him.

Who knows. I'm not going to say I know what would happen until it happens, but I know why it might...?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2023, 09:45 AM   #11
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crAbb View Post
The trouble is, if everyone took this attitude, the bad guys would over run us.
Maybe we need more police and similar, if you want to stop it you could sign up?

We employ staff to attempt to keep our guests safe, surprised the tube doesnt have CCTV and train staff to prevent such events..?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2023, 10:22 AM   #12
winther1
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I'm not sure looking on passively would be the words I'd use and you are using words to fit what you want it to be. The French dude didnt stop it and was there. Nor did anyone else. The question is why, Maybe they werent sure, maybe they were feeling threatened by him.

Who knows. I'm not going to say I know what would happen until it happens, but I know why it might...?
Well, fact is a rape happened in front of people who decided to do nothing.
Yes, they very likely felt threatened. They would also feel threatened if the victim was 12.
      12-12-2023, 10:25 AM   #13
danb1979
Idiotic lifter of heavy stones...
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 325D M Sport touring

Reading through comments on here; both sides can be seen

Its like when shit goes down; 99.9% of folk pull out their phones and record it, but do nothing to stop it

Personally I'd have waded in and bounced the bastard around a bit; there's no way in hell I'd just stand there and ignore; it's not in me

But I can see why other folk would

I don't like confrontation at all; I'm usually the first to walk away (my size can make me a target etc); but with stuff like this, my aim will be to hurt the perpatrator and then sit on them until then police arrive
Watsey6415.50
Wills28656.00
      12-12-2023, 10:48 AM   #14
Kendo67
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Me - 440i , Dog - Cayenne

Far from being a hero or some form of "Death Wish" wannabee but i dont think i could watch a rape taking place and do nothing about it , the terror on the victims face would indicate that it wasn`t consensual.

I shudder to think that the victim could have been my daughter on the way home from work and no one , who could, did anything to protect her.

Same as people filming on their phones whilst someone is being attacked rather than using it to call the police , opposed to posting it on some social media platform for "likes" or whatever it is called.

To many people prepared to look the other way now, doubt this would have happened a generation ago.

K

Last edited by Kendo67; 12-12-2023 at 10:59 AM..
Appreciate 5
Stainy265.00
danb19791892.50
Watsey6415.50
winther11819.50
Wills28656.00
      12-12-2023, 02:16 PM   #15
KRS_SN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: IX,G07

Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
People freeze and close their eyes when something terrible happens. She was only 20. Wouldn’t be surprised if she froze.
I'd start with a loud 'is everything alright'. The rest I can't predict.
Appreciate 1
isleaiw18772.50
      12-12-2023, 03:11 PM   #16
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS_SN View Post
People freeze and close their eyes when something terrible happens. She was only 20. Wouldn’t be surprised if she froze.
I'd start with a loud 'is everything alright'. The rest I can't predict.
And that's the point isnt it.... I was on duty one very busy and drunken weekend (try euros final v Italy) and a young girl was clearly having issues with a young bloke. I asked if everything was alright and could I help - she promptly called me every name under the sun, he threatened me, and then they started snogging...

I had security to help me that night but unpredictable it was. Obviously as I was on duty I was doing my job to ask....and not sure I'd do it again when not on duty, I'd leave it to those who were. Which of course the tube staff should be doing, doing they have signs saying CCTV is monitored at all times...? Certainly my train did tonight, but that was about inappropriate use of the emergency stop system...
Appreciate 1
KRS_SN13537.00
      12-12-2023, 03:26 PM   #17
KRS_SN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: IX,G07

Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
Quote:
And that's the point isnt it.... I was on duty one very busy and drunken weekend (try euros final v Italy) and a young girl was clearly having issues with a young bloke. I asked if everything was alright and could I help - she promptly called me every name under the sun, he threatened me, and then they started snogging...

I had security to help me that night but unpredictable it was. Obviously as I was on duty I was doing my job to ask....and not sure I'd do it again when not on duty, I'd leave it to those who were. Which of course the tube staff should be doing, doing they have signs saying CCTV is monitored at all times...? Certainly my train did tonight, but that was about inappropriate use of the emergency stop system...
You did the right thing regardless of the blowback you suffered.
How would you know if you dont ask. I'd think humans are capable of a range of behaviours and there are vulnerable people who are very susceptible and psychopathic perpetrators who know all too well which prey to go after.
A drug addled criminal who has no fear is a different ball game.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2023, 03:32 PM   #18
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendo67 View Post
Far from being a hero or some form of "Death Wish" wannabee but i dont think i could watch a rape taking place and do nothing about it , the terror on the victims face would indicate that it wasn`t consensual.

I shudder to think that the victim could have been my daughter on the way home from work and no one , who could, did anything to protect her.

Same as people filming on their phones whilst someone is being attacked rather than using it to call the police , opposed to posting it on some social media platform for "likes" or whatever it is called.

To many people prepared to look the other way now, doubt this would have happened a generation ago.

K
But a generation ago, they probably werent high on some substance or other and wouldnt have been carrying a knife, worst that would happen is a bit of a beating... I might have been more inclined to say and do more when I lived in a community where most people knew most people... but in London? I'd like to think I would but the reality is that I'd be leaving it to them who were trained for it...
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2023, 03:39 PM   #19
kzg1969
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp / M3 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendo67 View Post

K
and that is exactly what would be running thru my mind. i truly hope someone would help my daughter, as i would help any others.
Appreciate 2
winther11819.50
Wills28656.00
      12-12-2023, 04:09 PM   #20
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzg1969 View Post
and that is exactly what would be running thru my mind. i truly hope someone would help my daughter, as i would help any others.
I have a daughter - no good to her dead. There is no easy answer - if you think it through and dont just react in a macho way....
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2023, 04:24 PM   #21
Kendo67
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Me - 440i , Dog - Cayenne

Quote:
But a generation ago, they probably werent high on some substance or other and wouldnt have been carrying a knife.
I was referring to people watching events unfolding and doing nothing , if they were able to.

Cannot imagine my dad , or mum for that matter , letting such crimes go on in front of them and not doing or saying anything.

I was in a local supermarket a few months back and the local smackhead couple were in doing their weekly big shop(lift) , daddy smackhead was super aggressive and was venting at their baby in its pram , possibly because the poor thing was in distress and was drawing attention to their shop(lifting) spree. Around four of us shoppers stopped and put our baskets down and started to move closer to the twat as it looked like he was going to loose it and hit the baby in its pram , if he had we were going to restrain him until the police arrived.

The thought of him harming one of us never crossed my mind , the thought of him seriously harming the child was foremost ,at this point mummy smackhead arrived just in time to save baby (for the time being) and daddy smackhead getting "restrained" by a few members of the public.

K
Appreciate 3
danb19791892.50
Watsey6415.50
Wills28656.00
      12-13-2023, 03:06 AM   #22
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Attached Images