F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 10 HU discussion
proTUNING Freaks

11-25-2020, 03:53 PM   #2003
coniman
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 '12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod_15 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by serge858 View Post
I buy in quantities from Ebilaen. I could recommend him as a very good seller. He solves all possible issues and mistakes.

Important if you have a local warehouse to return goods free of charge in case the device is faulty. Also check if you have to pay the customs taxes or the seller is covering this.

He sells dGS brand which is number one I believe so no issues with further FW updates.

Now during Black Friday days is the right time for shopping) Good luck!
Thank you for the quick reply!

Then I guess I will go for the Andream one, since it is the only one that ships from Spain, witch is where I am. Is that a good one?

Thank you very much!
I've sent you a PM
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 10:07 PM   #2004
airshaq20
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5M, E60

Hello forumers - so I went back from 10.25" > 12.3" > back to 10.25" Android.
I got it mounted today. I noticed the GPS signal is pretty bad. It was decent from my brief test on my first 10.25". It is useless on the 12.3" and I think I'm having the same issue with the new 10.25". The GPS wire I used came with the first unit (I never bothered to replace it).

How do I fix this? Thank you all for your inputs.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 05:06 AM   #2005
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 E70

Quote:
Originally Posted by airshaq20 View Post
Hello forumers - so I went back from 10.25" > 12.3" > back to 10.25" Android.
I got it mounted today. I noticed the GPS signal is pretty bad. It was decent from my brief test on my first 10.25". It is useless on the 12.3" and I think I'm having the same issue with the new 10.25". The GPS wire I used came with the first unit (I never bothered to replace it).

How do I fix this? Thank you all for your inputs.
What do you mean by bad GPS signal? Only few satellites are seen or no GPS Fix?

Don't put GPS antenna under the dash, use external antenna in case of a-thermal windshield. Always use SIM card in the HU, allow some time to fix your position for the first time to start and make sure time synch is chosen By network in the settings.

Then GPS supposed to work well.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 07:11 AM   #2006
Frankly30
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: F30

I've built a custom aux integration cable to hide the aux wire under the armrest compartment and also be able to keep using the OEM AUX port.

Just simply one end to the OEM harness, the aux on the other to the USB DAC of the Android and the other back to the OEM AUX port. No cutting needed and all seamlessly integrated.

I do have to wonder why something like this doesn't come with the Androids, or at least why they don't sell them. At least the USB port for the glovebox is kinda available to purchase.
Appreciate 4
RedErik1023.50
Kri1083.50
F20_M135i100.50
      11-26-2020, 11:34 AM   #2007
schooleydoo
Rep
Drives: 2012 320D Sport

Evening. I'm running latest FW and the Netflix apk mentioned in the first post.

All my video apps seems to have issues. YouTube and Netflix play for exactly 5 seconds and pause. If you unpause you get another 5 seconds of playback before another pause. Cycle repeats forever!

Prime app starts full screen, then changes to picture in picture mode by itself. If you change it back to full screen, after a few seconds it goes back to PiP.

Anyone else seen this problem? Also had it on previous FW versions.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 12:56 PM   #2008
airshaq20
Private First Class
Rep

Sorry, I should have been more specific.
It keeps on saying "GPS signal lost". I did put a GPS splitter last night and seems to be better (only tested inside my garage/did not do a road test). I hope I don't get those dreaded GPS splitter issue that were posted here.

Quote:
What do you mean by bad GPS signal? Only few satellites are seen or no GPS Fix?

Don't put GPS antenna under the dash, use external antenna in case of a-thermal windshield. Always use SIM card in the HU, allow some time to fix your position for the first time to start and make sure time synch is chosen By network in the settings.

Then GPS supposed to work well.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 12:57 PM   #2009
airshaq20
Private First Class
Rep

Curious what firmware are you running? You said latest but just wanted to confirm. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schooleydoo View Post
Evening. I'm running latest FW and the Netflix apk mentioned in the first post.

All my video apps seems to have issues. YouTube and Netflix play for exactly 5 seconds and pause. If you unpause you get another 5 seconds of playback before another pause. Cycle repeats forever!

Prime app starts full screen, then changes to picture in picture mode by itself. If you change it back to full screen, after a few seconds it goes back to PiP.

Anyone else seen this problem? Also had it on previous FW versions.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 05:47 PM   #2010
svintit
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Hi there,

I've a problem with my headunit, this happened after I coded the car with bimmercode and the ECU reset, not sure why this was affected but its only the android side that I can't get into, everything else works.

The touchscreen even still works so I can go up and down but for the life of me can't figure out what button to press to select an item and factory reset this, if that's what I need to do.

I know these usually have small reset buttons but I cannot find one, possibly under the screen where the connections are?

Any help would be appreciated.

`http://imgur.com/gallery/0XWyXou`

Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 08:45 PM   #2011
airshaq20
Private First Class
Rep

Use your finger to swipe down real fast. It will scroll down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svintit View Post
Hi there,

I've a problem with my headunit, this happened after I coded the car with bimmercode and the ECU reset, not sure why this was affected but its only the android side that I can't get into, everything else works.

The touchscreen even still works so I can go up and down but for the life of me can't figure out what button to press to select an item and factory reset this, if that's what I need to do.

I know these usually have small reset buttons but I cannot find one, possibly under the screen where the connections are?

Any help would be appreciated.

`http://imgur.com/gallery/0XWyXou`

Appreciate 0
      11-27-2020, 02:46 AM   #2012
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Sorry, I should have been more specific.
It keeps on saying "GPS signal lost". I did put a GPS splitter last night and seems to be better (only tested inside my garage/did not do a road test). I hope I don't get those dreaded GPS splitter issue that were posted here.
At least you know that using GPS splitter is risky)

I would use the splitter only as an extension cable for GPS connected to Android HU. Anyway original navi is useless (at least in my area) and has outdated UI.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2020, 03:28 AM   #2013
dduki
Registered
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Unfortunately your pictures are not of that good quality to see if your screen is antiglare or not. It looks more like there is a reflective film on the screen. Sometimes ppl think there is no film while it actually is. Pls double check.
Thanks serge858 you were right there was a protective film . I have checked it before installation more times and I was sure there is nothing but yesterday I pull my finger/nail so hard and there it was

Quote:
Originally Posted by F20_M135i View Post
Hello,
On the other hand there are screen protection which removes fingerprints and partially the reflection, I found my happiness here: https://www.protectionfilms24.fr/
Thanks for the link
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
serge858149.50
      11-27-2020, 03:47 AM   #2014
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
Originally Posted by dduki View Post
Thanks serge858 you were right there was a protective film . I have checked it before installation more times and I was sure there is nothing but yesterday I pull my finger/nail so hard and there it was

Thanks for the link
Interesting that there is a matt screen that is not blueglare at all available, never saw that before.
So four display types are available now, makes is even more difficult to buy the correct one

Kri
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2020, 04:25 AM   #2015
andru
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW LCI 125D M Sport

I've just received my Snapdragon head unit but it's come with no instructions. I've fitted one to my BMW back in 2016 but this one has come with more components. I'm not sure what each one is, has anyone got instructions for this latest version and what each component is.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2020, 04:31 AM   #2016
andru
Private
Rep

These are the parts I have. I know the GPS module and the main wiring loom but it's the long black thing and the small black thing next to the USB extension I'm not sure off. What does the speaker do connected to the main harness and it it necessary?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-27-2020, 05:13 AM   #2017
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by andru View Post
These are the parts I have. I know the GPS module and the main wiring loom but it's the long black thing and the small black thing next to the USB extension I'm not sure off. What does the speaker do connected to the main harness and it it necessary?
See the screenshot
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-27-2020, 07:08 AM   #2018
JetForce
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW 1er (F21 LCI)

Hi Guys, first of all, thanks for the great community work which is done here - practically, this thread gave me enough confidence to buy one of these head units and give it a try.

I ordered a 10.25" unit from NaviFly, with blue antiglare, snapdragon 625, 64 +4GB and „integrated carplay".

Installation into my series 1 F21 LCI worked like a charm, also the system runs well and is well integrated into the car functions (iDrive controller works, etc.). Originally, the car was equipped with a 6.5" business navigation system.

Now after reading dozens of threads, seeing that it worked once, than it didn't, without describing the solution, I want to ask here again:

Is it however possible, that the system is directly starting to ZLINK, showing carplay as soon as the connection is established? (OS 2.3.6)

Thanks a lot upfront and great start into the weekend!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2020, 07:30 AM   #2019
andru
Private
Rep

Quote:
See the screenshot

Thanks for that, I fitted them all except the external mike. I installed the LTE connector even though there was no need as I'm using a hotspot off my P40 Pro.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2020, 08:46 AM   #2020
MightyMouseSP
Spain
Rep
Drives: 2017 F36

Hello,

Im about starting my installation soon. Here is a few questions I have:

- any specially better place to put 4G Antena? behind A pilar?
- same for the Built-in speaker. Any spot that works better?
- if I have original Bluetooth phone, do I need to install external mic to use the unit? my plan is to use original bluetooth for calls...
- any info about how to disassemble the F36 trunk (im installing a back camera too)

Thank you in advance for your help!!!

Regards!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2020, 11:09 AM   #2021
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseSP View Post
Hello,

Im about starting my installation soon. Here is a few questions I have:

- same for the Built-in speaker. Any spot that works better?
- if I have original Bluetooth phone, do I need to install external mic to use the unit? my plan is to use original bluetooth for calls...
- any info about how to disassemble the F36 trunk (im installing a back camera too)

Thank you in advance for your help!!!

Regards!
If you have original BT for hands free then no need to install external mic.
Here is my installation video, you may use it as a guide:
https://youtu.be/BVXygBJBK3E
Video on backup camera installation:
https://youtu.be/ZJPJwQu51Y4
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2020, 12:22 PM   #2022
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E87, i3, Taycan Cross Turismo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseSP View Post
Depends on your car, best to try different locations and see if reception varies. In my car the best location is right behind the unit, see picture, the reception here is comparable with outside. Behind the A pillar was not good.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2020, 12:23 PM   #2023
schooleydoo
Rep
Drives: 2012 320D Sport

Quote:
Curious what firmware are you running? You said latest but just wanted to confirm. Thanks!
Hi, it's on 2.3.6, on a 4/64 720p unit.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2020, 12:30 PM   #2024
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E87, i3, Taycan Cross Turismo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rap17ka7a View Post
I've recently bought one of the Andream units for CCC on my E93 and chatted them directly to ask why it is on App v2.1.9 and can I update it to 2.3.6 to be told that it may cause unknown problems.
They always say that to cover their backs in case something goes wrong.

Quote:
Also I'm considering to update the MCU hoping to get full idrive controller functionality cause at the minute is limited to the menu only
Full iDrive support was introduced in firmware 3.8.5 (or around there), Android 9. You should be on Android 10 if you bought your unit recently, so iDrive should work out of the box. Can you take a picture of your system info?
Appreciate 0