F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Camber Plates needed w/ Ohlins R&T coils? Yes or No?
Extreme Powerhouse

07-20-2020, 10:08 AM   #1
kawi008
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 435i M Sport

Camber Plates needed w/ Ohlins R&T coils? Yes or No?

Are any of you running Ohlins R&T coilovers without camber plates? If so any issues or concerns? For those of you w/ the Ohlins do suggest the camber plates 100%? If so which setup has served you best?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 10:17 AM   #2
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
You can run them without camber plates just fine. kreuz has been doing so for a couple of years.

If you're not tracking you'll have to weigh how much of a benefit camber plates are for you, but if you do go that route, it's tough to beat the Millway Street camber plates for a DD and HPDE car.

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.
Appreciate 1
      07-20-2020, 10:40 AM   #3
kawi008
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Do you know where the best place to order the Millway Street plates would be for quickest delivery? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 11:24 AM   #4
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawi008 View Post
Do you know where the best place to order the Millway Street plates would be for quickest delivery? Thanks!
Best place is direct from Millway. Their shipping is fast. Once it ships it arrives within one week. The last order I placed shipping only took 3 days.

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 11:35 AM   #5
kawi008
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
Best place is direct from Millway. Their shipping is fast. Once it ships it arrives within one week. The last order I placed shipping only took 3 days.
ORDER PLACED Thanks for the insight as I hadn't even known about Millway! Looks like they're going to be a great option for low road noise and still improved performance. THANKS!
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2022, 12:24 AM   #6
J-Michael
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 340i xdrive

I am hoping someone could help me out. I just had Ohlins R&T coilovers with Millway street camber plates professionally installed on my 2018 340i xdrive. There is a creaky, clicking and sometimes minor clunking sound coming from around the front suspension which is very audible from the cabin when driving. The clicking type sound is persistent over 99% of road surfaces. The minor clunking sound only seems to come from the passenger front suspension over only certain bumps in the road. The squeaking/spring binding sound is just usually when turning the wheel at low speeds. My mechanic has pinpointed the persistent clicking as coming from
the upper strut bearing which he said is likely worn out. He said to purchase new ones which I have and have yet to be installed. Could anyone please provide any insight or experience they may have had with a similar experience associated with these specific upgrades or ones similar? I love the new suspension setup, it has completely transformed the way the car feels and handles, it’s unreal how impressive it’s capabilities now are. Although, these sounds are a real downer especially considering the quality of the parts installed and the fact they were installed by a trusted and experience mechanic. Someone please help. I will live with these annoying sounds considering how incredible the car’s handling performance and overall ride quality has improved but I’d really like to get rid of them. It sucks.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2022, 12:22 AM   #7
CoopersF15
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 Xdrive 40e Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Michael View Post
I am hoping someone could help me out. I just had Ohlins R&T coilovers with Millway street camber plates professionally installed on my 2018 340i xdrive. There is a creaky, clicking and sometimes minor clunking sound coming from around the front suspension which is very audible from the cabin when driving. The clicking type sound is persistent over 99% of road surfaces. The minor clunking sound only seems to come from the passenger front suspension over only certain bumps in the road. The squeaking/spring binding sound is just usually when turning the wheel at low speeds. My mechanic has pinpointed the persistent clicking as coming from
the upper strut bearing which he said is likely worn out. He said to purchase new ones which I have and have yet to be installed. Could anyone please provide any insight or experience they may have had with a similar experience associated with these specific upgrades or ones similar? I love the new suspension setup, it has completely transformed the way the car feels and handles, it's unreal how impressive it's capabilities now are. Although, these sounds are a real downer especially considering the quality of the parts installed and the fact they were installed by a trusted and experience mechanic. Someone please help. I will live with these annoying sounds considering how incredible the car's handling performance and overall ride quality has improved but I'd really like to get rid of them. It sucks.
You should take it back to the person who installed them. They should be able to diagnose and rectify.