F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Build your own house
VIBE Motorsports

06-23-2021, 07:27 AM   #45
Sennen
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 840i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
Nice plot for sale near us, just the 750k.... On thirds, that's going to make it some house price! I dont see the house that has planning permission being worth much more than 1.5m so land a bit overpriced then...

(when I say near us, I mean geographically but a whole different world really!)
What may be a lot of money for you but will be peanuts for others, property around here doesnt even need to be that large to break the 2M barrier.

The property I have just sold in Cornwall for 1.075M is very modest and in cheaper area like the North West/East would be lucky to command 300K.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2021, 07:29 AM   #46
Sennen
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 840i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD6 View Post
Perhaps there might be scope for a developer to squeeze 3 houses onto the plot. A quick call to his buddy in the planning department who seems to live a lifestyle beyond the means of a humble council employee...

I'm often amazed by the number of houses that end up on some of these plots
Exactly this JD6, a PD would not even entertain this land purchase unless he was looking at a profit in excess of 500k........ i wouldnt.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2021, 08:52 AM   #47
isleaiw1
Major General
Rep
Drives: RS4 / Mini Cooper 5 door

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD6 View Post
Perhaps there might be scope for a developer to squeeze 3 houses onto the plot. A quick call to his buddy in the planning department who seems to live a lifestyle beyond the means of a humble council employee...

I'm often amazed by the number of houses that end up on some of these plots
The one at 750k is constrained by having to get the developer to build your property on it at a cost of another 750k

There is another at 800k that is half an acre and requires demolition of an existing bungalow - planning permission for one large 2500 sg ft property. Given the village and the street I imagine any panning officer trying to pull a fast one will be overrun by moaning lawyers, accountants, CEOs etc who live locally and probably know lots of people who could challenge him!

Going rate on that road is upwards of 1.5m and they protect it vigorously!
Appreciate 1
JD63218.50
      06-23-2021, 08:55 AM   #48
isleaiw1
Major General
Rep
Drives: RS4 / Mini Cooper 5 door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sennen View Post
What may be a lot of money for you but will be peanuts for others, property around here doesnt even need to be that large to break the 2M barrier.

The property I have just sold in Cornwall for 1.075M is very modest and in cheaper area like the North West/East would be lucky to command 300K.
Yep I am not completely dense and understand its all about location..... however, having lived here 6 years now (in the town if not this house) I am also aware that like anywhere there is a ceiling on prices as really rich people head to St Albans or Beaconsfield.... Felden and Bovingdon are nice but still essentially Hemel for all its faults!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2021, 12:27 PM   #49
gangzoom
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
There's a massive difference (financially) between doing these sorts of things and buying an M135 on a PCP (as I am)...
Anything compared to houses is 'cheap'!
Appreciate 0