F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > BMW F30 odometer VIN Erasing retrofit
Studio RSR

02-25-2021, 09:20 AM   #1
mhrzyn
Rep
Drives: 328i XDrive

Exclamation

Hi there!

I'm following this forum a long time and always finding my questions. This time I can't find the solution for my problem.

I'm retrofitting my cluster to 6WA. The 6WA was a used one and I need to delete the VIN and set the mileage to 0. I already set the mileage to 0 km but I don't know how the find the old VIN number on the BIN file.

I saw on the internet a couple of messages about finding it with HEX but I can't find how. I also don't know the old VIN number so it makes it a bit more difficult.

I'm using R270+ programmer with a SOIC clip.
Everything works well.
I got ESYS for coding the cluster (maybe you can also write something about coding this too).

I have attached the BIN file to this post.

Link to BIN file:
https://wetransfer.com/downloads/fe5...5151656/40fbb1

Edit:

Problem solved. The cluster was already on 0.. and you saw the vin number on the emulator.
Deleted the short vin.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2021, 12:22 AM   #2
dbright03
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 340i MPPSK 6MT RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhrzyn View Post
Hi there!

I'm following this forum a long time and always finding my questions. This time I can't find the solution for my problem.

I'm retrofitting my cluster to 6WA. The 6WA was a used one and I need to delete the VIN and set the mileage to 0. I already set the mileage to 0 km but I don't know how the find the old VIN number on the BIN file.

I saw on the internet a couple of messages about finding it with HEX but I can't find how. I also don't know the old VIN number so it makes it a bit more difficult.

I'm using R270+ programmer with a SOIC clip.
Everything works well.
I got ESYS for coding the cluster (maybe you can also write something about coding this too).

I have attached the BIN file to this post.

Link to BIN file:
https://wetransfer.com/downloads/fe5...5151656/40fbb1
Here's a pdf from another thread about doing a retrofit.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 6wa-retrofit-guide.pdf (818.8 KB, 478 views)
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2021, 12:40 AM   #3
mhrzyn
Rep
Drives: 328i XDrive

dbright03

Thank you for your respons. I saw this guide and have used it. But the writer of this guide refers to lines to set a value with FF.. Those are 30 or are 00 in my 160D0WQ.. How can I see what the VIN number is. I'm using EEPROM R270+.
Appreciate 0