F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > New Honeycomb CF M4 Mirror Covers Have Arrived!
GetBMWParts

04-18-2018, 02:05 PM   #1
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Talking New Honeycomb CF M4 Mirror Covers Have Arrived!

Just received my new M4 Honeycomb CF Mirror Covers from NWC

I'm doing an M4 Side Mirror Retrofit to my F32, already picked up the mirrors at good price from forum member - in my search to always have something different on my car than others, I went with these over the OEM CF covers in regular weave...

Besides the unique factor, these were half the price of OEM M4 CF covers & that includes the cost of new OEM plain mirror covers as a base. Since these are essentially OEM parts the fitment is perfect

I dealt with both a forum member who is the company rep & the owner of the company directly.

Hand laid CF weave is perfect around all the contours with no distortion whatsoever. Vacuum bag technique with multiple layers of special UV clear, then polished to perfection!

Below are some initial pics. 1st pic is cover only loosely installed on mirror for the time being till final install.

All in all, I would highly recommend NWC for their quality, uniqueness, pricing and most excellent customer service (both guys were in touch with me constantly during the process). They can also cover any OEM part (interior or exterior) in regular CF 1x1 or 2x2 weave

Next up on my list I will be doing my OEM M Performance Rear Diffuser...

More pics to come installed on car

F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2018, 02:17 PM   #2
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Impressive, mind if quote price and order link?

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2018, 02:19 PM   #3
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Impressive, mind if quote price and order link?
Thanx!

Not gonna post any info on the forum since they are not forum vendor, but I can email you
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit

Last edited by 1QuikWS6; 04-18-2018 at 02:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2018, 02:23 PM   #4
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

That'll be nice and would be appreciated

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 04:53 AM   #5
DThr33
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Looks like northwestcarbon on instagram's work?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 08:48 AM   #6
AddictedTo///M
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M340i xDrive

Awesome work! LOVE the honeycomb!!!! These make me want to throw my CF M Style mirror caps in the trash....
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 10:47 AM   #7
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
Just received my new M4 Honeycomb CF Mirror Covers from NWC

I'm doing an M4 Side Mirror Retrofit to my F32, already picked up the mirrors at good price from forum member - in my search to always have something different on my car than others, I went with these over the OEM CF covers in regular weave...

Besides the unique factor, these were half the price of OEM M4 CF covers & that includes the cost of new OEM plain mirror covers as a base. Since these are essentially OEM parts the fitment is perfect

I dealt with both a forum member who is the company rep & the owner of the company directly.

Hand laid CF weave is perfect around all the contours with no distortion whatsoever. Vacuum bag technique with multiple layers of special UV clear, then polished to perfection!

Below are some initial pics. 1st pic is cover only loosely installed on mirror for the time being till final install.

All in all, I would highly recommend NWC for their quality, uniqueness, pricing and most excellent customer service (both guys were in touch with me constantly during the process). They can also cover any OEM part (interior or exterior) in regular CF 1x1 or 2x2 weave

Next up on my list I will be doing my OEM M Performance Rear Diffuser...

More pics to come installed on car
They look nice, but would not match any other Carbon Fiber on the car. That would be a non-starter for me.

I recently purchased Carbon Fiber Side Grills from IND but ended up returning after the 1:1 twill and finish did not match the 2:2 twill and finish of the M Performance Mirror Caps.

Even though the side was so small and IND said I wouldn’t notice, everyone I showed prior to install agreed with me.

It’s attention to those small details that bring a car together, IMO.

Good news is I guess they can make all new CF all over for you.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
UKF302524.00
      04-19-2018, 03:59 PM   #8
UKF30
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 LCI Black Saphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
They look nice, but would not match any other Carbon Fiber on the car. That would be a non-starter for me.

I recently purchased Carbon Fiber Side Grills from IND but ended up returning after the 1:1 twill and finish did not match the 2:2 twill and finish of the M Performance Mirror Caps.

Even though the side was so small and IND said I wouldn’t notice, everyone I showed prior to install agreed with me.

It’s attention to those small details that bring a car together, IMO.

Good news is I guess they can make all new CF all over for you.

That's 100% true when you have carbon fibre weave has to match and weave direction most importantly

Honey comb mirror covers look very nice but wouldn't match with rest which might make car look cheap or aftermarket IMO sorry .
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 04:10 PM   #9
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKF30 View Post
That's 100% true when you have carbon fibre weave has to match and weave direction most importantly

Honey comb mirror covers look very nice but wouldn't match with rest which might make car look cheap or aftermarket IMO sorry .
Nothing HAS to do anything

Rest of CF on exterior of car (rear spoiler and front spoiler) are 2x2 twill and far enough away not to make any difference to me. Guess it's a good thing it's my car and not yours
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 04:18 PM   #10
TXDaddy
Joint Chiefer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i XDrive

Those are some beautiful mirrors! Matching isnt too much an issue unless the items are right next to each other, but man, a spoiler like that would really be badass...
Appreciate 2
      04-19-2018, 05:59 PM   #11
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
Nothing HAS to do anything

Rest of CF on exterior of car (rear spoiler and front spoiler) are 2x2 twill and far enough away not to make any difference to me. Guess it's a good thing it's my car and not yours
Where did you find 2x2 twill Carbon Fiber Side Grilles?

IND told me they woukd probably be impossible as the part is so small.

And wouldn’t they be only a foot in front of the honeycomb mirrors?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 09:51 PM   #12
x328x
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M Sport

That looks wicked. Love to see a spolier in this stuff
Appreciate 1
1QuikWS61621.50
      04-20-2018, 02:57 AM   #13
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Where did you find 2x2 twill Carbon Fiber Side Grilles?

IND told me they woukd probably be impossible as the part is so small.

And wouldn’t they be only a foot in front of the honeycomb mirrors?
I had them custom done in 2x2 I have different vents than you mine are the 'L' shaped for F32

Actually not using the cf vents right now - have the oem gloss black installed

Last edited by 1QuikWS6; 04-20-2018 at 03:28 AM..
Appreciate 1
IK6SPEED4488.00