F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Petrol Crisis?
Extreme Powerhouse
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-26-2021, 02:35 PM   #111
Sennen
Lieutenant Colonel
Sennen's Avatar
1074
Rep
1,769
Posts

Drives: UP!
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Surrey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TodmordenLad View Post
I'm grounded in West Cornwall for the time being. Not complaining mind, this was the view from the SW Coast Path yesterday afternoon
Looks fabulous Todmordenlad, where exactly is that?

IMO this is the best time of year to spend down there, not so many 'idiots' about.
Appreciate 1
      09-26-2021, 02:38 PM   #112
TodmordenLad
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
2487
Rep
3,671
Posts

Drives: -
Join Date: May 2015
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sennen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TodmordenLad View Post
I'm grounded in West Cornwall for the time being. Not complaining mind, this was the view from the SW Coast Path yesterday afternoon
Looks fabulous Todmordenlad, where exactly is that?

IMO this is the best time of year to spend down there, not so many 'idiots' about.
Nanjizal Bay in West Penwith
__________________
Owned: 440i GC LCI with MPPSK, F31 330D M Sport with MPPK, F11 530D SE, F11 520D SE, E61 530D M Sport, E36 325i plus many MB's, Audi's & Volvo's
Appreciate 1
Sennen1073.50
      09-26-2021, 02:44 PM   #113
Sennen
Lieutenant Colonel
Sennen's Avatar
1074
Rep
1,769
Posts

Drives: UP!
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Surrey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TodmordenLad View Post
Nanjizal Bay in West Penwith
Walked there many a time from the house but didnt recognise it....... enjoy..... photos like that make me sad about selling up

How long do you think before Sunak hammers 'holiday homes' ?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2021, 02:49 PM   #114
TodmordenLad
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
2487
Rep
3,671
Posts

Drives: -
Join Date: May 2015
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sennen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TodmordenLad View Post
Nanjizal Bay in West Penwith
Walked there many a time from the house but didnt recognise it....... enjoy..... photos like that make me sad about selling up

How long do you think before Sunak hammers 'holiday homes' ?
Yes, I took this pic walking away from the bay towards Lands End. You would doubtless have approached it from the Porthcurno side.
As for Sunak, G*d knows...
__________________
Owned: 440i GC LCI with MPPSK, F31 330D M Sport with MPPK, F11 530D SE, F11 520D SE, E61 530D M Sport, E36 325i plus many MB's, Audi's & Volvo's
Appreciate 1
Sennen1073.50
      09-26-2021, 02:56 PM   #115
Sennen
Lieutenant Colonel
Sennen's Avatar
1074
Rep
1,769
Posts

Drives: UP!
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Surrey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TodmordenLad View Post
Yes, I took this pic walking away from the bay towards Lands End. You would doubtless have approached it from the Porthcurno side.
As for Sunak, G*d knows...
I think it is probably inevitable he will do something, 'what' is anyones guess.

The main reason I got shot was because of the likely hood of increasing the CGT threshold to 40% or inline with your tax rate, paying 28% was bad enough

Anyway the main thing is you and your family enjoy it, you cant put a price on that. If I thought the property was going to 'casacde' down to my son I would have kept it but he showed no interest in it at all, think he has come down twice over the years........ too quiet for him I think.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2021, 03:06 PM   #116
JR1664
Captain
United Kingdom
691
Rep
902
Posts

Drives: F30 340i
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sennen View Post
I think it is probably inevitable he will do something, 'what' is anyones guess.

The main reason I got shot was because of the likely hood of increasing the CGT threshold to 40% or inline with your tax rate, paying 28% was bad enough

Anyway the main thing is you and your family enjoy it, you cant put a price on that. If I thought the property was going to 'casacde' down to my son I would have kept it but he showed no interest in it at all, think he has come down twice over the years........ too quiet for him I think.
I think you moved at the right time sennen, sad as it was for you but you have the memories. Like you say if your lad showed no interest then where to go ? I get the feeling W country prices will level / drop off and you'll look back on it as a shrewd bit of business. Clearly photos like this don't help but hell its a gorgeous area I agree.
Appreciate 1
Sennen1073.50
      09-26-2021, 03:07 PM   #117
Sennen
Lieutenant Colonel
Sennen's Avatar
1074
Rep
1,769
Posts

Drives: UP!
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Surrey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR1664 View Post
I think you moved at the right time sennen, sad as it was for you but your have the memories. Like you say if your lad showed no interest then where to go ? I get the feeling W country prices will level / drop off and you'll look back on it as a shrewd bit of business. Clearly photos like this don't help but hell its a gorgeous area I agree.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2021, 03:55 PM   #118
TodmordenLad
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
2487
Rep
3,671
Posts

Drives: -
Join Date: May 2015
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Breaking news from The Times: Johnson is getting the army involved to assist during the fuel crisis.
__________________
Owned: 440i GC LCI with MPPSK, F31 330D M Sport with MPPK, F11 530D SE, F11 520D SE, E61 530D M Sport, E36 325i plus many MB's, Audi's & Volvo's
Appreciate 1
      09-26-2021, 04:05 PM   #119
mikeoz
Major General
mikeoz's Avatar
United Kingdom
2276
Rep
5,004
Posts

Drives: BMW X3 M40i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: cambs

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringPleb View Post
Who's going to want to come and work here for 3 months, knowing Christmas Eve you are out of a job again?

Should have made the visas 6 or even 12 months.
Remember what happened last Christmas to EU truck drivers when the French closed the borders and they got stuck here...I wouldn't want to risk that again nor I suspect do they...

Just 1 reason of many.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2021, 04:05 PM   #120
JR1664
Captain
United Kingdom
691
Rep
902
Posts

Drives: F30 340i
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TodmordenLad View Post
Breaking news from The Times: Johnson is getting the army involved to assist during the fuel crisis.
It was at the back of my mind. We have a large military fuel base not far away and often you see fleets of army fuel tankers going in and out.

Exactly how many staff they have I'm not sure but the Army hardly resemble the back up supply they had back in the day of the ambulance and Fire brigade strikes.
Appreciate 1
      09-26-2021, 06:43 PM   #121
dazzapb
Colonel
England
657
Rep
2,753
Posts

Drives: 2019 X3M Comp
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: SW London

iTrader: (0)

Got lucky today as I was on fumes! Put 65.8 litres into 65 litre tank somehow?!

Tesco just had a delivery and I only had to queue for a few minutes after me trying fair few in SW London.

Other stations were nuts I would have run out if fuel queuing, most were shut anyway.

Tesco have got barriers and staff to assist with queue jumpers and general idiots. Crazy times, the person behind was getting frustrated as it takes a while to fill. I could see they have 8 odd quid of fuel - so I took even longer
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 2
Wills27481.50
rich100857.00
      09-27-2021, 02:47 AM   #122
Wills2
Barge driver
Wills2's Avatar
United Kingdom
7482
Rep
11,782
Posts

Drives: 730d
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: West Yorkshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TodmordenLad View Post
Breaking news from The Times: Johnson is getting the army involved to assist during the fuel crisis.
How embarrassing for the country.
__________________
730d/Z4C
Appreciate 1
      09-27-2021, 03:06 AM   #123
MashinBenzin
Major General
MashinBenzin's Avatar
6028
Rep
7,345
Posts

Drives: Eiger D5
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TodmordenLad View Post
Breaking news from The Times: Johnson is getting the army involved to assist during the fuel crisis.
How embarrassing for the country.
As a country, when it comes to self awareness and embarrassment, we are like the foghorn mouthed drunk at the bar, wearing a Hawaiian shirt and Rupert the bear trousers whilst berating everyone else on how to live their lives.

Everyone else largely quietly turns their back and hopes we focus our attention elsewhere.
__________________

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 6
1 AKY359.50
rich100857.00
Ennoch737.50
Wills27481.50
mcoops1580.00
      09-27-2021, 03:33 AM   #124
mikeoz
Major General
mikeoz's Avatar
United Kingdom
2276
Rep
5,004
Posts

Drives: BMW X3 M40i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: cambs

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzapb View Post
Got lucky today as I was on fumes! Put 65.8 litres into 65 litre tank somehow?!

Tesco just had a delivery and I only had to queue for a few minutes after me trying fair few in SW London.

Other stations were nuts I would have run out if fuel queuing, most were shut anyway.

Tesco have got barriers and staff to assist with queue jumpers and general idiots. Crazy times, the person behind was getting frustrated as it takes a while to fill. I could see they have 8 odd quid of fuel - so I took even longer
2 Miles in a X3M really is squeaky bum time..LOL
Appreciate 2
Wills27481.50
dazzapb657.00
      09-27-2021, 04:37 AM   #125
winther1
Major
winther1's Avatar
United Kingdom
821
Rep
1,135
Posts

Drives: 440i Gran Coupe with MPPSK
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

So absolutely nobody in power could predict this situation? Sounds unlikely.
Guess this will be good for tfl and the case for going electric...
__________________
440i GC with MPPSK, AP intake, 20" 624 M wheels, Wagner downpipe, Xhp stg 3
instagram: f36_garage
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 04:49 AM   #126
Wills2
Barge driver
Wills2's Avatar
United Kingdom
7482
Rep
11,782
Posts

Drives: 730d
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: West Yorkshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by winther1 View Post
So absolutely nobody in power could predict this situation? Sounds unlikely.
Guess this will be good for tfl and the case for going electric...
TBF the situation has been created by the great British public being selfish and entitled, there wasn't a shortage of fuel before everyone decided that there was an urgent need to create one.
__________________
730d/Z4C
Appreciate 7
isleaiw15478.50
1 AKY359.50
dazzapb657.00
      09-27-2021, 05:20 AM   #127
TodmordenLad
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
2487
Rep
3,671
Posts

Drives: -
Join Date: May 2015
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by winther1 View Post
So absolutely nobody in power could predict this situation? Sounds unlikely.
Guess this will be good for tfl and the case for going electric...
TBF the situation has been created by the great British public being selfish and entitled, there wasn't a shortage of fuel before everyone decided that there was an urgent need to create one.
Yup, a distribution crisis has been transformed into a nationwide fuel shortage thanks to the selflessness of the great British public. Govt ministers instructed the public not to panic buy, so they did just that, immediately.
__________________
Owned: 440i GC LCI with MPPSK, F31 330D M Sport with MPPK, F11 530D SE, F11 520D SE, E61 530D M Sport, E36 325i plus many MB's, Audi's & Volvo's
Appreciate 2
Wills27481.50
      09-27-2021, 05:47 AM   #128
Wills2
Barge driver
Wills2's Avatar
United Kingdom
7482
Rep
11,782
Posts

Drives: 730d
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: West Yorkshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TodmordenLad View Post
Yup, a distribution crisis has been transformed into a nationwide fuel shortage thanks to the selflessness of the great British public. Govt ministers instructed the public not to panic buy, so they did just that, immediately.
The scenes have been a disgrace, we know we have issues due to the late unpleasantness but watching people pile in to make it worse has been quite disheartening.

If we all just get what we need, when we actually need it there would be no real issues...nah fuck that I'm getting it now and I'm getting double what I need, me me me...
__________________
730d/Z4C
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 06:07 AM   #129
mcscoobs
Second Lieutenant
mcscoobs's Avatar
United Kingdom
99
Rep
225
Posts

Drives: F31 335d xDrive
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Cheshunt, Herts

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoner View Post
Really is shocking. Pootling around this morning and got stuck in what I initially assumed was some awful Saturday Enfield traffic. Ended up parking and walking the last half a mile to the shops, only to see it wasn't traffic, but a half mile queue to the Shell station. The road was totally empty further on!!!
Which Shell was it? The traffic from Bullsmoor lane went as far back as the A10/M25 roundabout, it's shocking...
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 07:21 AM   #130
mikeoz
Major General
mikeoz's Avatar
United Kingdom
2276
Rep
5,004
Posts

Drives: BMW X3 M40i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: cambs

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcscoobs View Post
Which Shell was it? The traffic from Bullsmoor lane went as far back as the A10/M25 roundabout, it's shocking...
That's Bonkers...
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 07:28 AM   #131
MY340i
Lieutenant
162
Rep
516
Posts

Drives: Various
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

local two stations are full of petrol and diesel with virtually no queues.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 07:33 AM   #132
isleaiw1
Major General
5479
Rep
9,338
Posts

Drives: RS4 / Mini Cooper 5 door
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY340i View Post
local two stations are full of petrol and diesel with virtually no queues.
Whereas one of my team has taken a day off for nothing as her ill partner cant get to hospital as hospital transport have no fuel, and the guy fitting my windscreen has to go and join a queue before he can fit anymore as he is out of fuel....

I doubt the selfish pillocks who stocked up just in case care one jot though....
Appreciate 1
Wills27481.50
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:02 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST