F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Fuse for 12v Cigarette Lighter Socket in the Trunk (an FYI)
GetBMWParts

09-26-2021, 07:14 PM   #1
homeryen88
Homer Yen
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 (sold Aug 2019); F30 Sedan

Fuse for 12v Cigarette Lighter Socket in the Trunk (an FYI)

Fuse for 12v Cigarette Lighter Socket in the Trunk.

This is just an FYI.

Are you wondering which fuse correlates to the 12v cigarette lighter socket in the trunk? It’s #162. And you’ll be able to access this fuse by looking in the trunk’s fuse box (under the removable “floor” in the trunk).

It’s the 20 ampere milky yellow one. See attached pics.

I had blown this fuse when I inserted a triple splitter into that 12v socket to try to power up three different devices. * facepalm *.

I had to call the local dealership for help. And, since I am not a DIY’er by any stretch of the imagination, I asked them to repair this for me.

The fuse itself cost $60. The labor for the fix was $50 for probably 20 minutes of their time (labor rates here in the Washington DC area is about $168 per hour at the dealership).

Anyway - an expensive lesson learned but one that will hopefully help you in the future.

Now, although I am not 100% certain, I would imagine then that the fuses for #66 and #69 correspond then to other 12v sockets (there are three others, but I can't guess why there are 3 more sockets [center console; under dashboard; rear seating area] and just two more fuses or which one is corresponds to which). But, for the purposes of this thread - #162 is the fuse to the trunk's 12v cigarette lighter socket.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-26-2021, 09:26 PM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

$60 for a fuse? A box of 120 is only $9.55.
https://www.amazon.com/Nilight-120-S...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

You got royally screwed...and not in the good way.

BTW, this is in your manual: Plastic tweezers and information on the fuse types and locations are stored in the fuse box in the trunk.
Appreciate 0