F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Coding F30 LCI for Halogen to Depo
Extreme Powerhouse

10-14-2021, 09:54 AM   #23
Condansinc
Registered
Rep
Drives: f31 330d Touring

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_R_F30 View Post
Not a problem, anything that is blank in the green column leave it as the default value shown in the yellow column, I had these columns so I could check what I was coding as it took a good few attempts with various codes to find something that actually worked as it should have. If possible I would revert to the backup taken before coding and start over if you are using BimmerCode to do this and that should hopefully rule out any issues.
Amazing thanks so much for the help. I reverted back to the backup straightaway when it didn't work so will try again tonight.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 09:56 AM   #24
Mike_R_F30
Enlisted Member
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Condansinc@gmail.com View Post
Quote:
Not a problem, anything that is blank in the green column leave it as the default value shown in the yellow column, I had these columns so I could check what I was coding as it took a good few attempts with various codes to find something that actually worked as it should have. If possible I would revert to the backup taken before coding and start over if you are using BimmerCode to do this and that should hopefully rule out any issues.
Amazing thanks so much for the help. I reverted back to the backup straightaway when it didn't work so will try again tonight.
Good luck mate, hopefully works this time around, remember to check that check box on idrive too
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 12:15 PM   #25
Condansinc
Registered
Rep
Drives: f31 330d Touring

Garage List
Quote:
Good luck mate, hopefully works this time around, remember to check that check box on idrive too
Worked perfectly. I was just being an idiot haha
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 12:45 PM   #26
Mike_R_F30
Enlisted Member
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Condansinc@gmail.com View Post
Quote:
Worked perfectly. I was just being an idiot haha
Nice one, glad you got it sorted mate
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 12:20 PM   #27
Jay_Kulina
Registered
Rep
Drives: F20

Hello Sir,

I followed the coding on my f20 with the depo v2 lights and it works wonderfully for the daytime running light mode, but for the low beam mode it still flickers, which part of the table do I need to modify you think?
Because in daytime running lights mode the rings go out when I put the turn signal so for me it's perfect that's what I wanted ... but for the low beam I would like it to stay on at 100% while I have a flicker like on all modes before your coding ...

Thanks in advance,
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 12:32 PM   #28
Mike_R_F30
Enlisted Member
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_Kulina View Post
Hello Sir,

I followed the coding on my f20 with the depo v2 lights and it works wonderfully for the daytime running light mode, but for the low beam mode it still flickers, which part of the table do I need to modify you think?
Because in daytime running lights mode the rings go out when I put the turn signal so for me it's perfect that's what I wanted ... but for the low beam I would like it to stay on at 100% while I have a flicker like on all modes before your coding ...

Thanks in advance,
Putting the Angel eyes up to full brightness at night will cause glare for other road users so I would say to be safer try coding the pwm values to either 0x46 for 75% brightness or 0x50 for 80% brightness, that should sort the flicker as I've heard some depo's can be problematic at 50%. If you really want it max brightness then code them to 0x64 but as I said it's likely to glare for other road users which isn't ideal.

Also if you coded in the second table for the dimming drl then up that pwm value to 0x32 or again 0x46 so it dims the drl with indicator without turning it off.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 12:58 PM   #29
Jay_Kulina
Registered
Rep

Thank you very much, I will test this, on the other hand if I increase the gradation in the second table and they do not turn off I risk finding the flicker again, right?

So there is a flickering problem on the v2 depo?

On this video the headlights work perfectly but with a coding done by a professional.

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 01:28 PM   #30
Mike_R_F30
Enlisted Member
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Thank you very much, I will test this, on the other hand if I increase the gradation in the second table and they do not turn off I risk finding the flicker again, right?

So there is a flickering problem on the v2 depo?

On this video the headlights work perfectly but with a coding done by a professional.

The issue with the Depo appears to be that the leds can't handle as low a voltage as those on the aftermarket lights I had on my old F30, however it isn't a problem as such you just have to code the voltage higher, so in the second table I would code the pwm level 2 values to 0x46 and that 75% brightness should stop any flickering whilst also dimming slightly when indicating.

I've attached pictures of what mine looked like when they dimmed
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-22-2021, 11:18 AM   #31
Jay_Kulina
Registered
Rep

Hello Mike,

Here I did what you told me, so indeed the brightness of the leds decreases and does not go out completely, but I have this flickering problem ...

Second thing I noticed that on the first table I do not have the same thing as you in the end, I can modify things in the first table it does not change anything ...

https://ibb.co/Brx89wB

So I don't mind it with your basic settings for the daytime running lights but for the low beam / high beam I always have this flickering and I don't know which one to change to put the LEDs on a higher voltage.

Sorry to bother you with this!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2021, 02:12 PM   #32
Mike_R_F30
Enlisted Member
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Hello Mike,

Here I did what you told me, so indeed the brightness of the leds decreases and does not go out completely, but I have this flickering problem ...

Second thing I noticed that on the first table I do not have the same thing as you in the end, I can modify things in the first table it does not change anything ...

https://ibb.co/Brx89wB

So I don't mind it with your basic settings for the daytime running lights but for the low beam / high beam I always have this flickering and I don't know which one to change to put the LEDs on a higher voltage.

Sorry to bother you with this!
I'm not absolutely certain given that this isn't for F30 so I don't know how differently it's mapped but first off have you changed the bulb type to led and removed warm and cold monitoring as that could cause flicker. So for every bulb that is now led use the options attached in BimmerCode and that should do all the coding for you.

Once you've tried that I guess maybe try setting all of those pwm value to 0x50 to see if that solves the flicker.

I should add I am just an enthusiast here and no coding expert, I managed to figure out the coding for the LCI F30 through trial and error and research into the various coding meanings.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0