F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 10 HU discussion
Extreme Powerhouse

10-01-2020, 09:31 PM   #1497
Wireless
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW F21 116d 2013

Hi. After update to 2.2.6 my HU is showing "App is installing" at the start for a long time. How long should i wait? Just downgraded to 2.0.9 again.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 01:16 AM   #1498
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 E70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
This is probably only for (Developer) debugging.
Most Headunits do have two can transceivers, seems they now have splitted the logging.

I did a small test at least for 2.2.6 the system does work instantly normal again as soon as logging is disabled again.
On some older Units there was an "issue" that the can logging button function was inverted, so when enabled it was disabled in realty or the switch did nor react anymore at all.
But for now it was working fine on my HU.

When enabled, the Unit does create a log file at the internal SDCARD Folder (not to an external plugged in one !) which catches all can messages.
About 5 seconds do result in 20kb filesize.
The log file does only contain can raw messages, so without any DBC`s its not usable for us.

Attachment 2427306

Kri
Many thanks for testing it on 2.2.6 and it sounds good that on this firmware this feature works correctly, even though it is not for a regular user but for developer.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 06:12 AM   #1499
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E87, i3, Taycan Cross Turismo

Quote:
Originally Posted by josehon View Post
Humm, somehow it did not work for me.
Should I uninstall the ver 1.1 and install this?
I did uninstall 1.1 first, the link is for version 1.2. And remember to give overlay permission.
Appreciate 1
josehon16.50
      10-02-2020, 09:41 AM   #1500
mike78
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320d M-Sport (2013)

Hi, did you find any solution for this?
also cannot hear oem radio while in carplay...

any ideas?

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by schooleydoo View Post
Thanks for this. Bought the Carlinkit dongle and using Auto kit. As you said, works much more fluidly than Zlink and I can have my Android phone connected via Bluetooth as well as my wife's iPhone over wireless Carplay. Is there a way for Autokit to be running in the background? Having to go to Apps and open it is two steps too many
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 02:24 PM   #1501
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 M140i Xdrive

Talking

Hello, tomorrow morning I'm going to embark on the android 10 adventure from a HU under Android 9.0 with the MCU 615054dALS-NBT-GTH-191129-B18 and APP: Ksw-P V3.8.7
To summarize and not to do anything stupid: I install (from page 1) on a Fat32 formatted usb key the Ksw-P-Userdebug_OS_v1.2.0-ota file then once I restart, WITHOUT UPDATE ANYTHING, I install the version Ksw-Q-Userdebug_OS_v1.2.2-ota and finally I take the last version 2.2.6?
I have everything good?
Last question: Where can I find the latest factory_xml file and what code from it for factory settings please?
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 02:45 PM   #1502
andy81p
Registered
Rep
Drives: 328i xDrive

Help

I got 10.25 Android screen on my 328i. Is there any where I refer to for the features to change the GUI?
So, it's pretty clean install and works seamless.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 03:16 PM   #1503
VicT
Registered
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 E70 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wireless View Post
Hi. After update to 2.2.6 my HU is showing "App is installing" at the start for a long time. How long should i wait? Just downgraded to 2.0.9 again.
Hi. I have the same problem with "App is installing".
Do you have workaround for this issue?
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 07:35 PM   #1504
HEEDlight
Rep
Drives: F36

Today I got mine from Navifly, shipment was nightmare. Its a 64/8 10.25 with Snapdragon 625, antiglare and Carplay.

I wonder who the real manufactuerer is, this is a OEM packaging saying exact nothing.

My next question is: Are there any security concerns as long I dont use the ODB Adapter? In other words does this Android unit has any acess to ODB track like engine start, door opener etc?

If I use the ODB Adapter am I right that this units has full acess to engine, door etc?

And last: Is there any written manual? So far I actually only found the video from this US guy, which is fine, but I would like to have a real manual.

Thanks!

Last edited by HEEDlight; 10-02-2020 at 09:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2020, 12:15 AM   #1505
mike78
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320d M-Sport (2013)

Let us know if zlink with builtin CarPlay works. I bought the same and after 100 messages and terrible support I got some money back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEEDlight View Post
Today I got mine from Navifly, shipment was nightmare. Its a 64/8 10.25 with Snapdragon 625, antiglare and Carplay.

I wonder who the real manufactuerer is, this is a OEM packaging saying exact nothing.

My next question is: Are there any security concerns as long I dont use the ODB Adapter? In other words does this Android unit has any acess to ODB track like engine start, door opener etc?

If I use the ODB Adapter am I right that this units has full acess to engine, door etc?

And last: Is there any written manual? So far I actually only found the video from this US guy, which is fine, but I would like to have a real manual.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2020, 04:57 AM   #1506
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F20_M135i View Post
Hello, tomorrow morning I'm going to embark on the android 10 adventure from a HU under Android 9.0 with the MCU 615054dALS-NBT-GTH-191129-B18 and APP: Ksw-P V3.8.7
To summarize and not to do anything stupid: I install (from page 1) on a Fat32 formatted usb key the Ksw-P-Userdebug_OS_v1.2.0-ota file then once I restart, WITHOUT UPDATE ANYTHING, I install the version Ksw-Q-Userdebug_OS_v1.2.2-ota and finally I take the last version 2.2.6?
I have everything good?
Last question: Where can I find the latest factory_xml file and what code from it for factory settings please?
After 1.2.0 you are good to flash any on the latest firmware versions. Check all the latest factory config xml on the 1st page. 0 is the code for the last config settings.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2020, 05:07 AM   #1507
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Thanks!
Often folks are complaining on Navifly shipping. I always recommend Ebilaen)

You can recognize manufacturer only under MCU firmware string. I think Navifly is selling GS models.

Never thought or had concerns about this kind of security in the car.

Never seen any written manuals on these devices. Lots of videos, a few popular forums provide sufficient volume of updated information.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2020, 08:55 AM   #1508
rpriscu
Rep
Drives: M2 16

I ordered from Ebilean after serge858 recommendation and it came in quickly with no issues! (And a great price!)

Installed it today and updated to 2.2.6, so far it looks ok except for the 4G.

For some reason it only shows 2G with bars and there is no connection... on the wireless dongle the sim worked ok...

Still don’t understand if I missed something or the 4G is not working in Israel (my local sim is from Cellcom who’s 4g is b3, should work...

Maybe didn’t installed the sim right?

Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2020, 09:58 AM   #1509
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpriscu View Post
I ordered from Ebilean after serge858 recommendation and it came in quickly with no issues! (And a great price!)

For some reason it only shows 2G with bars and there is no connection... on the wireless dongle the sim worked ok...

Still don’t understand if I missed something or the 4G is not working in Israel (my local sim is from Cellcom who’s 4g is b3, should work...

Maybe didn’t installed the sim right?

Any thoughts?
That's cool you've received the device that quickly.

If you've installed SIM incorrectly then there will be no signal at all, not 2G, nor 4G. Not sure if the HU has settings to switch 4G on/off but check it out.

BTW if there is no 4G available the HU supposed to use 3G.

I would try to reset the SIM module switching to the Airplane mode and back, try to uninstall/install back the SIM card, check a different SIM card from another operator, try to check those sims in the phone.

I faced a faulty SIM slot only once but it didn't see a SIM card at all, had to send the device back.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2020, 07:08 PM   #1510
HEEDlight
Rep
Drives: F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge858 View Post
Often folks are complaining on Navifly shipping. I always recommend Ebilaen)

You can recognize manufacturer only under MCU firmware string. I think Navifly is selling GS models.
Thanks!

But the original manufacturerer is allways the same right?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2020, 02:51 AM   #1511
jkont
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48

Quote:

Still don't understand if I missed something or the 4G is not working in Israel (my local sim is from Cellcom who's 4g is b3, should work...

Maybe didn't installed the sim right?

Any thoughts?
Quote:

Still don't understand if I missed something or the 4G is not working in Israel (my local sim is from Cellcom who's 4g is b3, should work...

Maybe didn't installed the sim right?

Any thoughts?
There is a setting for this , in the Android section , in the mobile data settings.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2020, 03:09 AM   #1512
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thanks!

But the original manufacturerer is allways the same right?
Not sure I've got your question right.

Not necessarily the same. There are few manufacturers of Android HUs AFAIK - GS, LS, LZH and some others. Particular seller deals with the same manufacturer normally but exceptions are possible.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2020, 10:37 AM   #1513
marcomdt
Rep
Drives: bmw m4

hi. please someone can tell me if it is possible to enable in the snapdragon 625 unit the ethernet interface to use it via usb and usb-eth adapter? thank you
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2020, 01:06 PM   #1514
rpriscu
Rep
Drives: M2 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkont View Post
There is a setting for this , in the Android section , in the mobile data settings.
Thanks, indeed fixed it today.

For the benefit that anyone else will have this issue, for some reason, the unit selected the 2G network when it was set to the automatic settings. I manually selected the 4G network and...that was it, everything start working.

BTW, I used the GPS antenna splitter and used the OEM GPS antenna (my car came with OEM Nav) and it is MILES better than the GPS antenna that came with my previous Android HU (on my ex-M235i) bought from AVIN. The previous one was installed ON the dashboard (exposed) and it always took a lot of time to get a lock and it did not see a lot of satellites, the OEM antenna gets lock almost immediately. (and that is important cause Waze gets stuck when it has no GPS signal).

FYI
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2020, 02:54 PM   #1515
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, indeed fixed it today.

For the benefit that anyone else will have this issue, for some reason, the unit selected the 2G network when it was set to the automatic settings. I manually selected the 4G network and...that was it, everything start working.

BTW, I used the GPS antenna splitter and used the OEM GPS antenna (my car came with OEM Nav) and it is MILES better than the GPS antenna that came with my previous Android HU (on my ex-M235i) bought from AVIN. The previous one was installed ON the dashboard (exposed) and it always took a lot of time to get a lock and it did not see a lot of satellites, the OEM antenna gets lock almost immediately. (and that is important cause Waze gets stuck when it has no GPS signal).

FYI
You can destroy your android GPS module with that antenna splitter due to different voltage in oem and android systems. Would be safe to cut off oem unit from splitter and use it as extension cable only for Android HU.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2020, 02:58 PM   #1516
kenza750
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW 525d E61

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcomdt View Post
hi. please someone can tell me if it is possible to enable in the snapdragon 625 unit the ethernet interface to use it via usb and usb-eth adapter? thank you
Yes, I used an apple usb-eth adapter (100M) and it worked just fine. Didn't try yet with other adapters.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2020, 05:01 PM   #1517
marcomdt
Rep
Drives: bmw m4

Tks. But in setting i can t find any ip configuration option for Ethernet over usb-otg
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2020, 04:12 AM   #1518
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 M140i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcomdt View Post
Tks. But in setting i can t find any ip configuration option for Ethernet over usb-otg
You do not need to access the parameters before, when you plug in your USB key => ETHERNET then appears an icon telling you to switch to ETHERNET (moreover this cuts the wifi automatically) then in the "networks" parameters d 'Android you will find your information, for your IP you can download a console and type "ifconfig wlan0" you will then have your IP.

Quote:
You can destroy your android GPS module with that antenna splitter due to different voltage in oem and android systems. Would be safe to cut off oem unit from splitter and use it as extension cable only for Android HU.
Where did you hear this weird scenario ??
Appreciate 0