F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > Payam's 2014 335i M Perf Edition Progress
GetBMWParts

03-14-2018, 11:18 PM   #1
PayamSh
1/176 F30 335i MPerformance Edition
Canada
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M Perf

Payam's 2014 335i M Perf Edition Progress

Hey guys and girls, hope all of you are doing well! Recently I've somehow purchased one of my dream cars, (I still cant believe its true) but I wanted to share my experience how I came across it because, well. In all honesty it really was crazy. So grab your popcorn, and settle in. Because this is quite the tale. Around 7-8 months ago, I found this beautiful 2015 M perf edition 335i, (if your not familiar with what an M perf edition is, its simply just a limited production f30 335i with some extra goodies from the factory) the car was absolutely beautiful and, I remember every day, I would check the autotrader app just to see pictures of the car. At the time I couldn't afford the car at all. For reference I live in Vancouver BC in Canada and the car was about 54k CAD. At that time I was 18, and I had a 2011 F10 535i. I was constantly drooling over the M Perf Edition F30's because they were just so darn special to me. They were limited and oh so understated. Almost no one would assume its a limited car at all (2014 was limited to 175 units). Fast forward till about a month ago. I was, well going through a lot, university, family, relationships and I just decided after waking up late one day "F*** it, I'll just check out my local BMW dealership." You may imagine, a 19 year old walking into a BMW dealership probably wouldn't go to well, but it did! The sales man tossed me the keys to a f30 Msport and said "Come back in 30-40 mins." So I did, but I just couldn't let myself pull the trigger on that car, it just didn't feel right, after being so obsessed with the M Perf Edition. So I asked him, "Do you have any other f30's coming in?" He said "Yes, we actually have a black on red, M Perf Edition coming in." I felt my heart drop as he told me the price because I knew that maybe my journey to get this car I have always wanted will come to an end. So a day goes by, and I come back to the dealer to test drive the M perf f30, and gosh, I can't describe the feeling. I felt like I was in a dream, it really didn't feel real at all! When I sat down and started negotiating, I started to realize, this is going to happen. And it did. I got the car, but there was a catch. The car did not get inspected, yet at least. So that day I put my non-refundable deposit down, and left the dealership eagerly awaiting to get the text "Your car is ready." A couple days go by and I do get a text, but it was not what I wanted. The sales person said, the transfercase and control unit are completely done, and its going to cost them at least 5 thousand in repairs, he then explained, the cost of fixing the car vastly outweigh's their profits on the deal, and that they are probably going to have to wholesale it. My heart completely sank, and I realized that maybe its all over. But it wasn't, BMW Canada was gracious enough to offer to fix the car free of charge. As of March 14th 2018, my expected pick up date is on the 20th, I am beyond excited and, grateful for not only BMW Canada, but Brian Jessel Pre Owned for not giving up on the deal. Hopefully other M perf owners on here can chime in on their experiences, and mods their planning to do, I would love to hear! And also, tips on keeping black plaint looking good? I'm a weekend detailer myself. I'm always ears, I'm always looking to find new ways to improve my method. Thank you for making it this far! I hope everyone has an amazing day!
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 11:26 PM   #2
PayamSh
Canada
Rep

1st and Only Pic of the Car (So Far)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 11:40 PM   #3
jv004
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp

Nice, grats! Car must of been ran pretty hard by previous owner to need a new transfer case that soon. But glad to see it's getting replace. Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 11:43 PM   #4
PayamSh
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jv004 View Post
Nice, grats! Car must of been ran pretty hard by previous owner to need a new transfer case that soon. But glad to see it's getting replace. Enjoy!
Yeah I did notice, and maybe you can also see in the pic that the rear tires are completely bald, I mean like literally nothing its almost slick. But they did put on 4 new tires and, did an alignment. I do feel bad for the car, I can't even imagine what happened to it for the transfer case to go boom . Thank you! I hope I can enjoy it soon!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2018, 06:21 AM   #5
wdeerfield
A family of bimmers
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 G01 X3M40i

Great color combo! i too had a transfer case issue on my f30 335 xdrive. replaced under warranty thankfully. car wasnt driven hard but they did find metal in it so they just replaced the whole thing. that just means you get to have a brand new transfer case and fluids like me!
      03-15-2018, 10:56 AM   #6
PayamSh
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeerfield View Post
Great color combo! i too had a transfer case issue on my f30 335 xdrive. replaced under warranty thankfully. car wasnt driven hard but they did find metal in it so they just replaced the whole thing. that just means you get to have a brand new transfer case and fluids like me!
After snooping around the forums I did notice that the breaking of transfer cases on F30's are kinda common, kinda worry's me for the future but we will just have to see. How's your F30 treating you? How's the performance, ride and reliability? Coming from a F10 with a N55 I personally love the engine.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2018, 11:41 AM   #7
Zara
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Grats on the car! I picked up my 2014 335i last year in June and I'm still satisfied as I was the first day I got it and I'm sure you'll be too.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2018, 11:51 AM   #8
PayamSh
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zara View Post
Grats on the car! I picked up my 2014 335i last year in June and I'm still satisfied as I was the first day I got it and I'm sure you'll be too.
Thank you! How's the car been holding up so far?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2018, 12:00 PM   #9
Zara
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PayamSh View Post
So far soo good, no issues whatsoever. I'm only the second owner on it but I'm around 36k miles right now and I highly doubt the first owner changed the transmission and differential oil. So I'm going to get that all changed within a few days just to have some peace of mind.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2018, 12:02 PM   #10
PayamSh
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
So far soo good, no issues whatsoever. I'm only the second owner on it but I'm around 36k miles right now and I highly doubt the first owner changed the transmission and differential oil. So I'm going to get that all changed within a few days just to have some peace of mind.
That's good to hear! The N55 engines really do hold up well, my old F10 was 7 years old and it still felt so smooth and powerful. Gotta love those engines. What's the colour your car? How do you personally take care of the paint?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2018, 12:26 PM   #11
Zara
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That's good to hear! The N55 engines really do hold up well, my old F10 was 7 years old and it still felt so smooth and powerful. Gotta love those engines. What's the colour your car? How do you personally take care of the paint?
Yeah it's a great engine. I got mineral gray with red coral interior (m-sport package) which was exactly what I was looking for, with RWD and 6MT. I've already done my M-perf aesthetic upgrades along with some other goodies. For the paint I only handwash my car, I never take it to a car wash unless it's a detailer. The first owner was probably an enthusiast as well since I can't even find any swirls. Once it gets closer to summer I'll detail it.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2018, 12:31 PM   #12
PayamSh
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah it's a great engine. I got mineral gray with red coral interior (m-sport package) which was exactly what I was looking for, with RWD and 6MT. I've already done my M-perf aesthetic upgrades along with some other goodies. For the paint I only handwash my car, I never take it to a car wash unless it's a detailer. The first owner was probably an enthusiast as well since I can't even find any swirls. Once it gets closer to summer I'll detail it.
Daym I love the colour combo! Congrats on the car! I actually almost pulled the trigger on a mineral grey, coral red interior F30 335i Xdrive, the colour combo is very unique.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2018, 12:38 PM   #13
Zara
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Daym I love the colour combo! Congrats on the car! I actually almost pulled the trigger on a mineral grey, coral red interior F30 335i Xdrive, the colour combo is very unique.
Thanks man I love it! I was debating on either black on red like yours or MG on red hahaha
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 02:36 AM   #14
Calvin36
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M Sport

19 years old and you have a 345 M performance!? You must be in heaven! Don't want to know what your monthly payments might be though! Keep and it young buck! Every time I start the car I remember why I bought the car and it all fades to black. Can't imagine a M performance though! Must be sublime! More pics!!
      03-17-2018, 02:51 AM   #15
PayamSh
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin36 View Post
19 years old and you have a 345 M performance!? You must be in heaven! Don't want to know what your monthly payments might be though! Keep and it young buck! Every time I start the car I remember why I bought the car and it all fades to black. Can't imagine a M performance though! Must be sublime! More pics!!
Thank you! I'll forsure keep the post updated, expected pickup is Tuesday the 20th. And with the trade in of my f10, with the money I had down, and also the low interest rate of got somehow. I got my payments to around 365 CAD after tax for the next 4 years. Not too bad I'd say it's comfortable for me at least.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 05:50 AM   #16
Calvin36
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Thank you! I'll forsure keep the post updated, expected pickup is Tuesday the 20th. And with the trade in of my f10, with the money I had down, and also the low interest rate of got somehow. I got my payments to around 365 CAD after tax for the next 4 years. Not too bad I'd say it's comfortable for me at least.
Wow that's a great price for M Performance! Very nice!
      03-17-2018, 12:13 PM   #17
PayamSh
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thank you! I was lucky that sales manager didn't know what a MPerformance edition was so he valued it pretty low when they got it in ahaha
Appreciate 1
Calvin361061.50
      03-17-2018, 12:16 PM   #18
Calvin36
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thank you! I was lucky that sales manager didn't know what a MPerformance edition was so he valued it pretty low when the got it in ahaha
Good roll of the dice! Wish I had such luck. Cars here in the Bay Area are super expensive.
      03-17-2018, 12:18 PM   #19
PayamSh
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thank you! I was lucky that sales manager didn't know what a MPerformance edition was so he valued it pretty low when the got it in ahaha
Good roll of the dice! Wish I had such luck. Cars here in the Bay Area are super expensive.
Yikes that sucks how much is a fully loaded 2014 335i going there on average?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 12:25 PM   #20
Calvin36
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Around 30-35k probably. Mine was not fully loaded, no parking assist, and had to drive 2 hours to get it for 25k (dropped from 32k) and the car had about 50k miles. This of course is at the time of my purchase about a year ago.
      03-17-2018, 12:36 PM   #21
PayamSh
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Around 30-35k probably. Mine was not fully loaded, no parking assist, and had to drive 2 hours to get it for 25k (dropped from 32k) and the car had about 50k miles. This of course is at the time of my purchase about a year ago.
Jeez that's pretty brutal and I thought the Canadian market was really expensive!
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 12:38 PM   #22
Calvin36
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Jeez that's pretty brutal and I thought the Canadian market was really expensive!
Of course there are cheaper examples too but this is common in the Bay Area. :/
Attached Images