F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > NBT EVO ID6 navigation issue/ GPS signal reception issue
proTUNING Freaks

07-30-2018, 04:27 AM   #1
Coolala
Private First Class
Japan
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30

NBT EVO ID6 navigation issue/ GPS signal reception issue

I have an retrofitted ID6 unit in a F30. All function works fine except navigation. The antenna being used is the square type Made in China GPS antenna. This EVO retrofit is not using NBT emulator but having the new car VIN written in unit, i.e not using donor car VIN.

From the GPS signal page, I can see the antenna is trying to get the GPS signal hardly.
3 satellite of 0 ..
5 satellite of 0 ..
8 satellite of 0 ..
9 satellite of 0 ..

The second number is always 0 and the EVO cannot locate the exact current location. Even I tried to reset the current location, the map still ran wrongly after driving a while.

Navigation function has been working fine for few weeks, and after that, the above strange issue appears.

I don’t think it is the GPS antenna problem bcoz I have replace it with a new one already and same issue there.

Any one have an idea about this?

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2018, 10:07 AM   #2
steve@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolala View Post
I have an retrofitted ID6 unit in a F30. All function works fine except navigation. The antenna being used is the square type Made in China GPS antenna. This EVO retrofit is not using NBT emulator but having the new car VIN written in unit, i.e not using donor car VIN.

From the GPS signal page, I can see the antenna is trying to get the GPS signal hardly.
3 satellite of 0 ..
5 satellite of 0 ..
8 satellite of 0 ..
9 satellite of 0 ..

The second number is always 0 and the EVO cannot locate the exact current location. Even I tried to reset the current location, the map still ran wrongly after driving a while.

Navigation function has been working fine for few weeks, and after that, the above strange issue appears.

I don’t think it is the GPS antenna problem bcoz I have replace it with a new one already and same issue there.

Thank you!
Is this a native ID6 unit with a GPS port built in or is it an ID4 unit that was reflashed to ID6?
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2018, 11:11 AM   #3
deneyer
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:

3 satellite of 0 ..
5 satellite of 0 ..
8 satellite of 0 ..
9 satellite of 0 ..

Thank you!
If im correct id 5 and 6 gps goes true atm module and has no gps connector on the nbt evo unit. The only one who has this is the nbt evo id 4
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 07:18 AM   #4
DeeKay
Captain
Denmark
Rep
Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3

How did you enter the menu to see GPS data?

My unit suddenly has issues with the GPS signal and I would like to be able to see if it's completely off or has a bit of signal. I have the square GPS antenna as well.
      12-06-2019, 01:46 PM   #5
gnd96
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 320I

BUMP.

I have a retrofit NBT EVO unit with built-in GPS for my 2013 F30, too. It does get GPS location but the Almanac and visible satellites show --. I don't know if it is GPS antenna issue, or some coding needs to be done. Did you fix yours?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 01:49 PM   #6
gnd96
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeKay View Post
How did you enter the menu to see GPS data?

My unit suddenly has issues with the GPS signal and I would like to be able to see if it's completely off or has a bit of signal. I have the square GPS antenna as well.

1. Go to Main Menu
2. Push up iDrive wheel for 10 sec.
3. Right 3
4. Left 3
5. Right 1
6. Left 1
7. Right 1
8. Push down
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2023, 04:27 PM   #7
boldorider4
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 220i F22

Quote:

3 satellite of 0 ..
5 satellite of 0 ..
8 satellite of 0 ..
9 satellite of 0 ..

I donÂ’t think it is the GPS antenna problem bcoz I have replace it with a new one already and same issue there.

Thank you!
Hi there,

I ran into the same issue after retrofitting an ID6 to an F22. I had a GPS connector going to the previously fitted ENTRYNAV, so I was fortunate enough I didn't have to install an aftermarket antenna. Instead I connected the pre-existing OEM GPS cable to the Evo. After many attempts I discovered I had to FDL code the following parameters:

Code:
GPS_FROM_NAVI --> aktiv
SYSTEM_RECEIVER_GPS --> aktiv
TELEMATIC_ECU --> nicht_aktiv
The third one is especially useful because otherwise your car will always try to get the GPS signal from the ATM unit.
Appreciate 1
      03-13-2024, 05:36 PM   #8
RocketRobbo
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320d Shadow edn

Ensure Time settings are set to Auto-update and that GPS tracking is enabled. This rectified mine after 6 months of frustration and a pointless £80 ATM Module battery replacement!
Appreciate 0