F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
ARMA SPEED

04-20-2021, 10:29 AM   #7437
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxThe_RemedyXx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
Did you flash the ending in b or b2?
Version b2
If you have the original CarlinKit unit you need to flash the file ending in b. The b2 version is for their latest hardware revision.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2021, 10:30 AM   #7438
Frrr
Rep
Drives: BMW 420D

Quote:
Just updated to official FW and got this...
Hello, I am going to try the update today, also a Carlinkit with custom firmware.

Here is the info of my MMI:
SDK Version: 25.0.0.5.6.0.0.0
CUST Version: 9.2.8.yl.b (original factory firmware, now it has the custom one)
MCU Version: 20.6.2.0
HW Version: BMW_NBT

I will let you know how it finishes (hope that without any problem...)

Regards
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2021, 10:31 AM   #7439
XxThe_RemedyXx
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Quote:
If you have the original CarlinKit unit you need to flash the file ending in b. The b2 version is for their latest hardware revision.
Could have sworn I had b2... I will try b1 and post back, thanks man.
      04-20-2021, 10:46 AM   #7440
sbrook02
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 (F15)

Quote:
Quote:
Could have sworn I had b2... I will try b1 and post back, thanks man.
9.2.20.yl.b2 firmware is for Carlinkit hardware with a blue wifi connector. If you have a metal wifi connector you need yl.b.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2021, 10:49 AM   #7441
Bamboo123
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw e91

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabacrOne View Post
Thanks mrx3n0n10 and shoevan! I was on B_V1.1.2 on the NBT Andream box and could not update to 1.1.5, 1.2.1, or 1.2.5 using the regular update or 'recovery111#' file procedures. I was able to update MCU from 20.06.02 to 20.10.22.16 without any issues but kept getting the dreaded burn failure error no matter what USB stick I tried, formatted on either Windows 10 or OSX. Gave the sleight-of-hand trick a try and successfully downgraded to 1.0.2 and upgraded directly to 1.2.5 on the first try.

Not sure why downgrading to the earliest software version available for the B units - 1.0.2 - seems to allow for future updates but this is clearly a software issue. Also, there's a warning in the main post to only update the GEMINI_PACK.BIN boxes sequentially but with this method, the only option is to jump directly from 1.0.2 to the latest version.

I mainly wanted to update because I was having an issue with wireless Apple Carplay where after sometime of using Carplay, it would show a black screen and return to the main menu of the MMI unit. I could click Carplay and it would return to that function, but would force back the main menu a few times before I could stay on Carplay. This usually only happened when Carplay is used for some time. It would seem like an overheating/hardware issue but Carplay still is active, my phone stays connected, and the MMI unit doesn't reboot or reset when this happens - it just returns back to its home screen. Hopefully the newer MCU and software fixes this - will update after using for some time.
I got similar issue with my mmi box, did that solve your issue? i got the latest SW ( not MCU ) but still doing the same thing intermittently. Im not sure is it wireless carplay and my iphone the problem or the mmi box. I have not tried wired carplay to see if the issue is better
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2021, 02:31 PM   #7442
Frrr
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrr View Post
Quote:
I also increased the size of the screen elements in the app drawer, added the BMW Exit Icon, and increased the size of the album cover art. The main UI isn't as polished as Bimmertech's, imo, but that is subjective plus I rarely see the main ui due to AA Auto-launch.
As always thanks a lot for the information.

These chages can be done through menu options or by modifying lines of code?

My Carlinlkit is running Custom Firmware, if I'm not wrong, I can update the current firnware without flashing the MCU?.

I'm really interested in the changes you have done, and I would give the new Firmware a try if they are easy to include.

Regards
Sent PM
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I also increased the size of the screen elements in the app drawer, added the BMW Exit Icon, and increased the size of the album cover art. The main UI isn't as polished as Bimmertech's, imo, but that is subjective plus I rarely see the main ui due to AA Auto-launch.

My Carlinlkit is running Custom Firmware, if I'm not wrong, I can update the current firnware without flashing the MCU?.

I'm really interested in the changes you have done, and I would give the new Firmware a try if they are easy to include.

Regards
[IMG]undefined[/IMG]

Sent PM
Upgraded and tested without any issue.

Again, thanks a lot!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
muniz_ri447.50
      04-20-2021, 02:43 PM   #7443
XxThe_RemedyXx
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Upgraded as well, looks good!
      04-20-2021, 03:09 PM   #7444
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Regards
Sent PM
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Regards
[IMG]undefined[/IMG]

Sent PM

Again, thanks a lot!!
I think that is the size that the album cover art is intended to be. The split screen looks more in balance.
Appreciate 1
Frrr6.00
      04-20-2021, 03:26 PM   #7445
p_rhodan
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 60Ah Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rhodan View Post
I have a big problem after updating from Andream firmware to latest Binmertech firmware. I get only the MMI start logo and after few seconds only the screen ‚INVALID UPDATE‘ ��

I did in the past often switching between the different versions (Andream original, Custom, RoadTop, Binmertech) and had never an issue.

It's an original Andream NBT LC Box in a BMW i3.

I tried the ‚Force update‘ method, also removed/inserted fuse 61 which is for the NBT. Pressed always the Back button on the iDrive controller. Tried it also with any other button on the controller.

MMI reboots, after 2-3 second it access the USB drive (lights flash on it) the MMI still boot about 10 sec and display than the error.

Any ideas how I can force an update? Would it be possible if I connect it directly with PC and any restore app?

Thanks!

Hello all,

have anyone any idea how I can fix it? I tried it additional with an empty file recovery111# and the ISPBOOT.BIN on the USB stick, but also no success.
What I’m wondering, the rear camera (aftermarket) which is connected to the Andream Box, works if I drive backwards.
So a part of the software seams to work.

Thank you for any help!

Otte
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2021, 03:41 PM   #7446
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I have a big problem after updating from Andream firmware to latest Binmertech firmware. I get only the MMI start logo and after few seconds only the screen ‚INVALID UPDATE‘ ��

I did in the past often switching between the different versions (Andream original, Custom, RoadTop, Binmertech) and had never an issue.

It's an original Andream NBT LC Box in a BMW i3.

I tried the ‚Force update‘ method, also removed/inserted fuse 61 which is for the NBT. Pressed always the Back button on the iDrive controller. Tried it also with any other button on the controller.

MMI reboots, after 2-3 second it access the USB drive (lights flash on it) the MMI still boot about 10 sec and display than the error.

Any ideas how I can force an update? Would it be possible if I connect it directly with PC and any restore app?

Thanks!

Hello all,

have anyone any idea how I can fix it? I tried it additional with an empty file recovery111# and the ISPBOOT.BIN on the USB stick, but also no success.
What I’m wondering, the rear camera (aftermarket) which is connected to the Andream Box, works if I drive backwards.

Thank you for any help!

Otte
I suggest contacting the seller, or Andream directly, and letting them know that you flashed the wrong software and now the screen shows invalid update. I suspect that there is a recovery method available.
Appreciate 1
Frrr6.00
      04-20-2021, 04:14 PM   #7447
Thewrench86
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 \M sport. F06 640d M Sport

Quote:
I think that is the size that the album cover art is intended to be. The split screen looks more in balance.
Would this work for an andream b box? Would love to know how to adjust the size also please
Also I noticed your shows the weather mine doesn't show it anymore
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2021, 04:31 PM   #7448
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewrench86 View Post
Quote:
Would this work for an andream b box? Would love to know how to adjust the size also please
Also I noticed your shows the weather mine doesn't show it anymore
Which sw version are you using?

There is a weather setting in the Android Auto settings.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2021, 04:37 PM   #7449
Frrr
Rep

Quote:
Yes, I agree with you, thanks for the work

Regards

Last edited by Frrr; 04-20-2021 at 04:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2021, 06:03 PM   #7450
RAAF12
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 320i

Quote:

Right, in launcher setting and sorting.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2021, 06:13 PM   #7451
RAAF12
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Hello all,

Thank you for any help!

Otte

In rear mode the cam works without booting the Andream software. This has nothing to do with Carplay or Android Auto. Hope you can get help from manufacturer. Shipped from EU warehouse has 2 years warranty on MMI box.
I think this is only for defective hardware. Just ask for help or a refund.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 02:01 AM   #7452
Frrr
Rep

Quote:

Hello, I have the weather option enabled, but the temperature it is not shown on the screen. Tried to turn it off/on from the telephone as well as from the MMI, but without success.

Regards
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 08:10 AM   #7453
Thewrench86
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 \M sport. F06 640d M Sport

Quote:

I've set weather to show on the settings on my phone? I lost the weather when the signal and time moved from the small tile to the larger one when Android Auto app updated a while back. It's not major just noticed it was still present on urs.

Sdk 25 0 0 7 0 0 2 0
B v1.2.5
Mcu 20.6.2 0
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 09:30 AM   #7454
RAAF12
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewrench86 View Post
I've set weather to show on the settings on my phone? I lost the weather when the signal and time moved from the small tile to the larger one when Android Auto app updated a while back. It's not major just noticed it was still present on urs.

Sdk 25 0 0 7 0 0 2 0
B v1.2.5
Mcu 20.6.2 0
Yep, in Android Auto on the phone, select the items you like to have in de car screen. Without data connection you lost real time weather, temperature ect. This is a pic from Tomtom AmiGO. Phone is Oneplus6 with wireless AA.

BTW. latest Android Auto is from April 15 https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...-apk-download/
Attached Images

Last edited by RAAF12; 04-21-2021 at 10:33 AM.. Reason: clean up
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 09:49 AM   #7455
RAAF12
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:

Again, thanks a lot!!
Can u set easy split screen to a big nav screen with the iDrive button? Will this work on a Andream NBT2 unit too?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 12:43 PM   #7456
Frrr
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAAF12 View Post
Can u set easy split screen to a big nav screen with the iDrive button? Will this work on a Andream NBT2 unit too?
Hello,

I think that the split screen is set automatically by AA acording to the screen size (8,8" in my car). And I'm not sure if in the current AA version it is possible to choose between two different display options (single app and two apps with split screen)

I've tried the same AA versión in a non panoramic 7" screen, and the split display wasn't available.

On the other hand, for the first time since I installed the MMI, I have suffered from connection problems. Two times in a 50 minutes journey I had to resest the MMI.
Both times it suddenly lost the phone connection, in both cases with two apps running, Waze & Spotify and Waze & Mytuner.
I cannot tell if it is due to the new firmware, because it is the first time I use the MMI with the latest Android version of the phone...

I will see tomorrow if this happens again.

Regards
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 03:33 PM   #7457
RAAF12
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

Ok, nice to know I like big screen nav, music is only hearing. Stable software is indeed a problem also with my NBT MMI and latest updates. System went black screen after 15 min of driving. Have to reboot and then it was smooth and easy. I don't rely on it on long trips abroad. Fall back is original BMW navigation.
I'm curious of the problem still occurs next time you are driving, success!

Last edited by RAAF12; 04-21-2021 at 06:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 02:00 AM   #7458
Frrr
Rep

Quote:

On the other hand, for the first time since I installed the MMI, I have suffered from connection problems. Two times in a 50 minutes journey I had to resest the MMI.
Both times it suddenly lost the phone connection, in both cases with two apps running, Waze & Spotify and Waze & Mytuner.
I cannot tell if it is due to the new firmware, because it is the first time I use the MMI with the latest Android version of the phone...

I will see tomorrow if this happens again.

Regards
Today, after ten minutes of running, another cut, sudden lost of signal from the phone. After rebooting, 20 minutes more with Waze & Spotify without problems.
I will try to avoid using Mytuner to check if maybe it is causing the problem.

Regards

Last edited by Frrr; 04-22-2021 at 09:27 AM..
Appreciate 0