F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
Extreme Powerhouse

03-06-2021, 10:16 PM   #6711
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrawn View Post
Yeah I got it installed, but it only connects through the idrive connector and the LVDS cable. It has taken a while to get to where I am now. I have not been able to get the proper switch settings from Lexxson yet. The ones printed on the unit did not work for my car. I finally have most things figure out now I think, but the sound quality through the Aux is really bad
My car has NBT so I don't have any experience with CIC. But I know there are others here that do have CIC and have been able to work through some similar issues. Hopefully they will chime in.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 06:08 AM   #6712
rayn3
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodesch08 View Post
I can't find a clear answer on if I need to use the AUX in the armrest and am hoping someone here has my setup.

I have a f30 335i built in 2012, which means I have a "CIC HIGH" unit? So it's a CIC but uses the 6 pin NBT MMI.
I hooked it up and everything works except the audio.

I read CIC needs the aux and NBT does not, but can't find a clear answer for mine.

My car has the green optic wire and I think I read that should mean I don't need to use the AUX. I moved it over, but I get no audio no audio without plugging into AUX.
Also might be noteworthy my normal radio still works.

Does anyone have this setup?
Just trying not to chase a problem that doesn't exist.
Hi. I had the same concerns like you until yesterday when i've finally managed to install the box in my F10 from 2012 with CIC Professional, 10.25" display. In the end for CIC system you have to connect all the cables you have in your box, including the jack cable that need to be connected in the AUX port from the armrest. I've disconnected this cable today from the AUX port and you are not able to hear anything later. I've routed the mic harness, the idrive harness and of course this jack cable to. I didn't find so difficult in the end to rout all the cables, dismount the trims. The only headache i had was when i had to fit the HU back in his place with all the cable and the quad-lock connector behind this.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 06:19 AM   #6713
rayn3
Rep

There is a way to improve the volume for at least for CIC units? It's to low compared with the sound from the OE HU. I've tried almost everything to bring the sound level at appropriate level with the sound from the OE HU. If there is something else, please let me know. From the AUX/External Devices, sound level is at maximum. Another question, how can you add the navigation in the right area of the split screen?!?! I have the following version of sw installed: SDK Version: 25.0.0.5.6.0.0.0; CUST Version: CHL_V1.1.2; MCU Version: 20.9.29.13; HW Version: BMW_CICHL. It is something new? It worth upgrading new versions? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 11:45 AM   #6714
Homersbud
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Successfully upgraded to v1.2.1 from v1.1.2 without any problems on my andream b. Went extremely smooth.

Is it just me or is there no vol display notification when adjusting the vol controls? I have to switch back to idrive to make sure the vol isn't maxed out. Not a big problem buuut is this just how it is? I've been dealing with this since i installed the mmi and everything works fine but hoping this version might've included it or maybe i'm just missing it?

Just a minor annoyance for me.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 12:38 PM   #6715
rayn3
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homersbud View Post
Successfully upgraded to v1.2.1 from v1.1.2 without any problems on my andream b. Went extremely smooth.

Is it just me or is there no vol display notification when adjusting the vol controls? I have to switch back to idrive to make sure the vol isn't maxed out. Not a big problem buuut is this just how it is? I've been dealing with this since i installed the mmi and everything works fine but hoping this version might've included it or maybe i'm just missing it?

For which version? For CIC in the first page i've noticed that 1.1.5 is the latest CHL for CIC at least. There is another sources for downloading the new versions? What is CHL and what us MCU? MCU is the firmware and CHL is... ?!?!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 12:44 PM   #6716
ImpX
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
Yes, I have seen posts about Waze not working with the new AA split screen. I don't use Waze but since it's a Google service I would have expected it to be supported by AA. idk
Yes, Waze is not ready for split screen yet. Same for me.

However the day/night problem is still there - for Waze. Muniz could you please check whether the day/nigh thing in AA works for Waze on your firmware?
And it does not work for Google maps for me as well, what are your settings? Did you set phone in dev mode to controlled by phone, and in mmibox settings the automatic option is on or off?

I never use Google maps, Waze is highly preferred in the area I live because of wide usage among users who report hidden police behind bushes with speed cameras...
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 01:29 PM   #6717
Homersbud
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayn3 View Post
Quote:

For which version? For CIC in the first page i've noticed that 1.1.5 is the latest CHL for CIC at least. There is another sources for downloading the new versions? What is CHL and what us MCU? MCU is the firmware and CHL is... ?!?!
I'm using andream b NBT version.

Looks like you're on an older HU (CIC) than me.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 01:44 PM   #6718
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpX View Post
Quote:
Yes, I have seen posts about Waze not working with the new AA split screen. I don't use Waze but since it's a Google service I would have expected it to be supported by AA. idk

However the day/night problem is still there - for Waze. Muniz could you please check whether the day/nigh thing in AA works for Waze on your firmware?
And it does not work for Google maps for me as well, what are your settings? Did you set phone in dev mode to controlled by phone, and in mmibox settings the automatic option is on or off?

I never use Google maps, Waze is highly preferred in the area I live because of wide usage among users who report hidden police behind bushes with speed cameras...
Can you remind me which unit you have? Is it a B unit?

The custom sw does have a separate setting for automatic day/night mode. It just works based on whether the headlights are on or off.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 03:49 PM   #6719
Thewrench86
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 \M sport. F06 640d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpX View Post

Google maps will stay in night mode if I select the option on the developer settings on the android auto app.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 05:59 PM   #6720
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:

No, there is no visual volume notification when adjusting the volume within Carplay or AA.
Appreciate 1
Homersbud202.00
      03-07-2021, 11:08 PM   #6721
puma
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F31

According to bimmerlink / bimmercode I am using CIC High. Using 6 pin NBT MMI too. I don't need to connect the aux cable to the armrest. No sound issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodesch08 View Post
I can't find a clear answer on if I need to use the AUX in the armrest and am hoping someone here has my setup.

I have a f30 335i built in 2012, which means I have a "CIC HIGH" unit? So it's a CIC but uses the 6 pin NBT MMI.
I hooked it up and everything works except the audio.

I read CIC needs the aux and NBT does not, but can't find a clear answer for mine.

My car has the green optic wire and I think I read that should mean I don't need to use the AUX. I moved it over, but I get no audio no audio without plugging into AUX.
Also might be noteworthy my normal radio still works.

Does anyone have this setup?
Just trying not to chase a problem that doesn't exist.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 09:18 AM   #6722
alexnaoumov
Rep
Drives: 118i E81

Quote:
Originally Posted by puma View Post
According to bimmerlink / bimmercode I am using CIC High. Using 6 pin NBT MMI too. I don't need to connect the aux cable to the armrest. No sound issue.
AUX is only used if headunit aux is not in use. NBT, EVO, etc all use the AUX out of the quadlock. Some CIC if equipped with combox will use the aux from armrest.

If anyone is looking for a seller in the Netherlands, we are Andream dealer and sell these with VAT and 2 year warranty for EU 290 with fast shipping and support . We also install them
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 10:10 AM   #6723
Unspec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi

Does anyone find AA kind of laggy? It's not always the most responsive. Is it due to NBT being a little slow, or just my phone? In theory, with the box, it's not relying on NBT at all except for the display, so I have a feeling it's the phone but figured I'd ask.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 01:04 PM   #6724
rayn3
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexnaoumov View Post
AUX is only used if headunit aux is not in use. NBT, EVO, etc all use the AUX out of the quadlock. Some CIC if equipped with combox will use the aux from armrest.

If anyone is looking for a seller in the Netherlands, we are Andream dealer and sell these with VAT and 2 year warranty for EU 290 with fast shipping and support . We also install them
There is a way to improve the sound volume except the one's i think we all have tried?!!? I have the CIC system with 10.25" screen and combox and indeed i have to use all the time the jack cable inside the AUX port from the arm rest. Another annoying thing i've discovered is when i'm parking. The camera is showing only when i'm driving in reverse and right after i'm moving forward is switching back to AA, even the PDC are working. I've played a bit with the settings from Camera and now is not show me the camera even in reverse. Can somehow this could be fixed? I assume as you know more tricks as you are their representative and installed some units already. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 04:46 PM   #6725
tuzogt
Enlisted Member
Austria
Rep
Drives: G30 530d B57 @195kW/620NM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unspec View Post
Does anyone find AA kind of laggy? It's not always the most responsive. Is it due to NBT being a little slow, or just my phone? In theory, with the box, it's not relying on NBT at all except for the display, so I have a feeling it's the phone but figured I'd ask.
Mine AA is laggy sometimes, but much less on 1.2.1, an finally, on this version no daily crashes. S10+ Exynos with Andream B. No problem on my iPhone 6s .
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 05:46 PM   #6726
ViperBoy2
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5M

I have an Andream A unit with custom mod b0 firmware and latest MCU. My problem is that about 40% of the time AA will not start on my Galaxy Note 20 even though the phone is connected to the box in bluetooth device listing (timeout error briefly on screen after a minute) . This forces me to go to the device listing every time and disconnect and then wait around 20+ seconds for my phone to reconnect
Anyone having similar issues or does one of the newer non-custom firmwares fix this?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 06:15 PM   #6727
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It could be the phone and/or the mcu. I saw a big improvement when I upgraded my Samsung Galaxy S7 to an S10e. Also, the newer mcu's have further reduced lag.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 08:45 PM   #6728
Johnkwick
Private
Rep
Drives: F10 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzogt View Post
Mine AA is laggy sometimes, but much less on 1.2.1, an finally, on this version no daily crashes. S10+ Exynos with Andream B. No problem on my iPhone 6s .
Mine is laggy on wireless connection to MMI. I read somewhere it has something to do with congested data traffic due to buffer size. S10+ SD855 with Carlinkit. CarPlay is also laggy on wireless connection (iPhone 7+).

So I suspected the problem is on the MMI side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracon View Post
Well, the biggest problem I'd been having was when I'd flip over to the Android side to use apps or CarPlay, it'll stop whatever is playing on the rear seat screens. It's likely a side effect of the MCU forcing the OEM system to a safe screen as to not do weird things while you're using the iDrive wheel on the Android system.

I ordered a RoadTop MMI unit (which will arrive today via Amazon) to try out to see if these MMI boxes tend to work a bit better.
Well that sucks I never tried this before, can you navigate in RSE using the remote control while the AA/Carplay is on the main screen?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 10:38 PM   #6729
Unspec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi

Quote:
It could be the phone and/or the mcu. I saw a big improvement when I upgraded my Samsung Galaxy S7 to an S10e. Also, the newer mcu's have further reduced lag.
Newer, as in the B units?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 11:00 PM   #6730
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Newer, as in the B units?
Newer as in after June 2020 for the A units.

I don't see it posted on the first page but I am running the attached Carlinkit mcu 20.08.13 which should also run on the Andream A units (not compatible with the B units).
Attached Files
File Type: zip upgrade.zip (29.8 KB, 84 views)
Appreciate 1
Frrr6.00
      03-09-2021, 12:03 AM   #6731
jpham86
Registered
Rep
Drives: e39 m5, e60 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by multilagio View Post
Hi all. Looking for some guidance after installing a CIC version of this.
My idrive controller intermittently works. There are three connection options for the idrive harness thing that all seem to be as unreliable as the default connection option. Sometimes if I fiddle with the original idrive cable that plugs into the harness, it’ll start to work for a few seconds. I would stop moving the cables around once it starts working and then it would just stop working anyway. Do I just have a faulty cable or is something else wrong? Also does anybody actually know what the different connection options mean/what they do?
I had the same issue with the C# cable, the idrive controller would work if I move the cable at a certain angle. This seems to be a common issue with the C# cable. I initially thought it was required on my e60 CIC then I realized that I had the video cables incorrectly swapped. So ended up not needing the C# cable with Method 2.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 01:31 AM   #6732
Eldewy
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: Mini Clubman F54 2016

RoadTop B-Version BR125 - Night mode fix

Hi guys,

long time lurker first time poster here.

I have been in contact with RoadTop for quite some time now to get a fix for Night mode problems on AA & Android 11. I got yesterday the below SW release with the fix and have been testing it since then.

My findings so far, coming from BR115:
- Sound clarity is significantly better. Very flat frequency response and a bit fuller bass. Also a new option was added to the Audio menu "Loudness" that boosts the sound linearly, I would not recommend using it unless you really want the volume to be obnoxiously loud.
- There is now an option to switch BACK & HOME button functionalities. So you can long hold MENU for a restart & long hold BACK to switch between MMI & NBT
- And ofc last but not least a proper working Night mode for AA (please check the below photos). I have tested it with TomTom GO my main navigation app, Google Maps & Waze & it is always working.

As a piece of advice for those of you with 6.5" display, you will need to drop the brightness by 2 and increase contrast by 1 to avoid having washed out colors & increase the graphical sharpness as much as possible.

RoadTop B-Version [NBT] [GEMINI_PACK.BIN]
BR125 (PIN: 8032) (Not cross compatible)

Happy Flashing!

Last edited by Eldewy; 03-09-2021 at 02:48 AM..
Appreciate 9
ImpX13.50
Cruez3.00
x-m4n148.00
muniz_ri447.50
Frrr6.00
emulajavi421.50