F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > The best pre wax cleanser?
Extreme Powerhouse

10-16-2022, 06:36 AM   #1
Shakmeister5000
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW f30 30d

The best pre wax cleanser?

What do you guys think? What brand do yous recommend I should try? I’m in the UK, sometimes it’s hard to get products from the US shipped over as the shipping costs and price will cost more than the products itself

Appreciate 0
      10-16-2022, 08:36 AM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Any well reviewed car washing product will do. As for wax, don't. Use a well reviewed sealant. My preference is Menzerna Power Lock. IMO putting any wax over sealant, let alone two waxes, makes no sense whatsoever to anyone other than those selling it.

Last edited by Billfitz; 10-17-2022 at 07:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2022, 02:42 AM   #3
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW F36

Pretty much any (reputable) "pre-wax" cleaner or "pre-cleaner" would do. Don't make it a scientific project. Depending on what it is that you need removed (old wax/sealant or just a final clear-coat oils-removal as a prep), you can achieve the same with an IPA mixture.

I typically only use pre-cleaner before the very first wax application. Thereafter I don't strip the residuals of the old wax layer (unless a very long time has passed between applications) - simply wash (very) thoroughly, de-grease and clay as and if required and re-apply wax.