F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > Help with rear fascia damage
GetBMWParts

07-18-2022, 11:37 AM   #1
ColinGSeries
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 F31 330i X-Drive

Help with rear fascia damage

Hi guys!

I'm looking to sell my car, and beforehand wanted to get an assessment/some assistance on some rear fascia damage on my non-MSport F31.

About a couple years ago, I accidentally backed into a wood-chipper trailer at an extremely low speed which left an impression of a threaded post and possibly a small crack on the rear fascia (see attached picture).

I'm thinking of getting this repaired out-of-pocket to maximize my sell price, and wanted the forum's opinion on what the best course of action is with regards to the following:

Is this fascia repairable, or will I have to replace it?

If I have to replace it, I've had a real hard time finding a replacement non-MSport rear fascia with RPA holes online. Most sites don't go down to the specific bodystyle level for search, and most places I've looked don't seem to have a specifically designated non-MSport rear fascia with RPA holes for the wagon.

So with that, can I get clarification on whether or not the non-MSport rear fascia is the same on the sedan and wagon as some part listings I've seen suggest?

Where is the best place to buy replacement fascias?

What is the exact part number for the non-MSport rear fascia with RPA holes on the wagon, to help me filter directly on the exact part I need?

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-19-2022, 04:57 PM   #2
PHXATC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 911 '20 430i '20 Explorer

If it were me, F it, just sell it as is and disclose what happened.

Grab some touch up paint and use it, then put it up for sale. To me, the amount of money you'd spend on replacing an entire part and getting it painted would never be recouped when you sold it. Time, effort, body part, paint, etc.

I haven't met a used car that is other than a Porsche, Ferrari or other never used type, that hasn't had a little patina on it.

You might want to post this in the general forum too to get more responses.
Appreciate 0