F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Adaptive headlights/curve light program speed dependant
GetBMWParts

03-15-2018, 05:13 AM   #1
pondlake
Registered
Rep
Drives: F31

Adaptive headlights/curve light program speed dependant

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I have an F31 2013 with xenon adaptive headlights, curve light, auto high beam. I coded some things already on it. The Auto function is very convenient, but one thing bugs me:

Below about 40kmh the low beams are on the maximum position to the left, with the left one lighting very much to the left and downward. When steering to the right, it goes to the right. When going over 40kmh up to about 80-90kmh, the auto curve light is just perfect. Above 80kmh it again goes to the left and down, but just a bit, not as much as when under 40kmh. It also changes according to steering.

As I read on other threads/forums this seems to be the way BMW meant it. I don't find optimal tbh. It looks like it's defective and distracts when passing 40kmh either way. Now the question:

Is there a way to code so that the curve light behaviour under 40kmh is the same as the one above 40kmh?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2018, 03:47 PM   #2
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pondlake View Post
I have an F31 2013 with xenon adaptive headlights, curve light, auto high beam. I coded some things already on it. The Auto function is very convenient, but one thing bugs me:

Below about 40kmh the low beams are on the maximum position to the left, with the left one lighting very much to the left and downward. When steering to the right, it goes to the right. When going over 40kmh up to about 80-90kmh, the auto curve light is just perfect. Above 80kmh it again goes to the left and down, but just a bit, not as much as when under 40kmh. It also changes according to steering.

As I read on other threads/forums this seems to be the way BMW meant it. I don't find optimal tbh. It looks like it's defective and distracts when passing 40kmh either way. Now the question:

Is there a way to code so that the curve light behaviour under 40kmh is the same as the one above 40kmh?

Thanks!
For the speed settings, under FEM - 3074 -
C_HBA_ENA_V_LO = 18 (approx 15 mph / 24 kph)
C_HBA_ENA_V_HI = 23 (approx 22 mph / 35 kph)

I find this works best for mix in city as well as highway

Lower the settings if you want to lower the speed.
Appreciate 0