F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > KW V3 vs KW DDC?

04-12-2016, 12:50 AM   #1
duckJAI
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sport Line

KW V3 vs KW DDC?

Looking to get some KWs and not sure which ones to go with. Although my driving will be 90% street and 10% aggressive/track, it's still a toss up because of the following:

KW V3
-best option for street/track performance
-option to adjust dampening and rebound for better performance while needed, compared to the DDC where the options are already "preset" by KW (this has been verified when calling them).
-a pain to have to manually adjust

KW DDC
-great for those that have adaptive control in the cars and want the ease of pressing a button to change settings, and not have to pop the hood and go under the car
-lack of flexibility if you want to go even more aggressive depending on your driving style or even track layout, as the settings are all preset and cannot be changed.

From my discussions with KW, these 2 models are in their own "leagues" and quite hard to compare. I originally thought the DDC version was pretty much a KW V3 with DDC, but this is incorrect!

Would love to hear the opinions of those who have driven with the KW V3s and/or DDCs. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 07:30 PM   #2
VividRacingII
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F80 M3

KW V3 gives you more ability to fine tune your suspension. With the ability to adjust the damper and compression, it provides more possibility for you to find the sweet spot for your taste of different driving purpose.

DDC gives you 3 settings to tune your suspension. It's a great overall road suspension. If you take the DDC to track, it will handle pretty good.
Appreciate 0