F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N47 and N57 Turbodiesel Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > 2015 330d 8AT Jerky after start stop and when in sports transmission
proTUNING Freaks

07-02-2017, 03:06 PM   #1
seanantenbring
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i

2015 330d 8AT Jerky after start stop and when in sports transmission

Hello folks,

Does anyone else get the title? If you accelerate straight after start stop the car seems to want to go, delays and then goes for it. If you allow the car to start after a start/stop and give it a second or so before you let your foot entirely off the brake you can then accelerate away smoothly.

The second potential issue I have is that if I am in sports transmission or using the paddles the car will most often jerk when changing gear under lighter acceleration in this mode. When pressing on its smooth its just when under lighter loads it will jerk you back and forth (rough gear change). Is this just normal due to the car expecting you to want to GO?

PS tried a transmission reset, still does the above.

Thanks all
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2017, 05:11 PM   #2
CleanKM
SQUEAKY
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d

You might be experiencing the turbo lag from your first point.

For the second example, do you have the sports tranny or just standard? Just for clarification, the tranny itself, not the sports driving mode selector. If you have sports+ available, then it's the sports tranny.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2017, 05:15 PM   #3
seanantenbring
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanKM View Post

For the second example, do you have the sports tranny or just standard? Just for clarification, the tranny itself, not the sports driving mode selector. If you have sports+ available, then it's the sports tranny.
The only way I can describe the first point is like i've take my foot off the throttle and put it back on again, I'm not talking a quick get off at all BMW are taking a look at this in a few weeks when its in.

I have sports tranny, its when the gear lever is to the left.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2017, 06:16 PM   #4
BimmerF32_430i
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanantenbring View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanKM View Post

The only way I can describe the first point is like i've take my foot off the throttle and put it back on again, I'm not talking a quick get off at all BMW are taking a look at this in a few weeks when its in.

I have sports tranny, its when the gear lever is to the left.
I have a similar jerk only when in manual and tranny to the left. And only occurs when upshifting from 4-5 or downshifting from 6-5
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2017, 12:15 AM   #5
5hift
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d M Touring

do you have xdrive?
Appreciate 0