F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Experience with 10.25" android 7.1 HU's
Extreme Powerhouse

Today, 01:40 AM   #2663
Kri
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackDMX View Post
Thank you Chri you are great.
With the Urtool i have sucessfully unpacked the launcher and found all raw images.
During the process of unpacking the files the URTool shows some errors like
Fonts or some files cant be found.
Iam a little bit scared about that. Hope later after repacking all files togehter i will not get Into a bootlop. What do you think?
And how i can repack the files back correctly? Repacking with URTool not working for me.

I also found some pictures in the launcher of different dashboard styles like in these picture.Are you able to select that and acitvate on your unit?
I also saw the errors, that are symbol links, i think that are only hyperlinks not real files.
As the interesting part are the apk files i ignored this for unpacking the APK.

i wouldn`t make a complete new OTA update just for changing one file, that would be a huge work every time.

i just tried root access to the device, it`s easier than on Android 9, as the bootloader is already unlocked by default and secureboot is disabled.
So probably only a 5 liner to get root access
Then you can replace the one particular file then, thats way more easy

i`ll make a guide soon, but have no time this week anymore to work on the device.

haven`t seen that other screens yet, but i also have not played around alot since i have it.

sincerely Chri
Appreciate 0