F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Coding - "Simple"
Studio RSR

04-01-2014, 03:25 AM   #133
Parkaboy
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d F31

Given that using the last version of E-Sys and PSdZ files is always the best possibile options there is any way to know which E-Sys and PSdZ versions are needed for a specific car model / on-board software?
As far as I understood only certain E-Sys versions support, for example, F31 cars (from 3.22 if I remember correctly) and PSdZ files are related to the software update you have on your car, there is any way to make a sort of map that list the minimum requirements, for each car, for coding?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2014, 02:35 PM   #134
Observer1122
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flakmunky View Post
ASS remembers last setting, Door lights on reverse, cornering fog lights, audio signal on lock / unlock (option appears in idrive), boot close with key fob / boot release button (F31), Speed Limiter (cruise control adaptation), M Performance logo on instrument cluster, M boot up logo on idrive, video in motion, enable all codecs, Office / EBT, DRL option in idrive, ambient light separate from cluster lighting control, digital speedo.

I think that's all...
Just interested, what would need to complete some of these tasks?, I would also really be interested to know if this kind of coding comes with a steep learning curve.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2014, 03:07 PM   #135
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkaboy View Post
Given that using the last version of E-Sys and PSdZ files is always the best possibile options there is any way to know which E-Sys and PSdZ versions are needed for a specific car model / on-board software?
As far as I understood only certain E-Sys versions support, for example, F31 cars (from 3.22 if I remember correctly) and PSdZ files are related to the software update you have on your car, there is any way to make a sort of map that list the minimum requirements, for each car, for coding?
Newer versions of psdzdata is important for newer car, but newer versions of E-Sys adds nothing, if the latest version of psdzdata works with the version of E-sys you have then no point changing it!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2014, 03:09 PM   #136
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer1122 View Post
Just interested, what would need to complete some of these tasks?, I would also really be interested to know if this kind of coding comes with a steep learning curve.
Read this post and the attached PDF's, then PM shawnsheridan to get download links for E-sys & psdzdata:

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=696777
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2014, 03:50 PM   #137
MarkyP
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d MSport

Which bits do you need tokens for?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2014, 04:20 PM   #138
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyP View Post
Which bits do you need tokens for?
For FDL coding. Put simply anything except enabling EBT
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2014, 04:41 AM   #139
Parkaboy
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d F31

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
Newer versions of psdzdata is important for newer car, but newer versions of E-Sys adds nothing, if the latest version of psdzdata works with the version of E-sys you have then no point changing it!
But which is the relationship between car model/car software/car production date and PSdZ Data files? If I only look to ISTA/P and I-LEVEL apparently for my car (F31) you can use any version of PSdZ from 42.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2014, 05:24 AM   #140
Steve_M_Sport
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: U06 230e Active Tourer

Quote:
I have downloaded the software this morning and connected my laptop to the car via the OBD port. I have connected to the car and read the FA in the VO pane.

That's as far as I dared go !

I am looking to enable EBT - can anyone let me have a step by step guide please of exactly what to change as I would like to crack this ? Then I will buy a token and do some proper coding.

Cheers

Previous : 2019 F31 340i : 2017 F31 335D M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2014, 07:42 AM   #141
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_M_Sport
Quote:
I have downloaded the software this morning and connected my laptop to the car via the OBD port. I have connected to the car and read the FA in the VO pane.

That's as far as I dared go !

I am looking to enable EBT - can anyone let me have a step by step guide please of exactly what to change as I would like to crack this ? Then I will buy a token and do some proper coding.

Cheers
Yep i made one just recently: http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=961515

Thank me on that thread if you like!
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2014, 07:45 AM   #142
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkaboy
Quote:
But which is the relationship between car model/car software/car production date and PSdZ Data files? If I only look to ISTA/P and I-LEVEL apparently for my car (F31) you can use any version of PSdZ from 42.
I don't know exactly, but it doesn't matter, as long as you can read FA then it works. If you get an error say fault with psdzdata then you need a newer version.

If you really want to know exactly then best to ask shawnsheridan in the coding thread.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2014, 04:08 AM   #143
MarkyP
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d MSport

Quote:
One of the things I'm interested in is the distance to next service station... I had that on my Audi and it was very useful!

The handbook mentions it but I can't get it to work so I suspect it needs a token to code, is that true?
Appreciate 0