F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Connected Drive App Showing Less Info
Extreme Powerhouse

07-31-2019, 02:03 AM   #1
2JPW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 435I M SPORT

Connected Drive App Showing Less Info

Has anyone else recently noticed that there is less info on BMW Connected App?
I contacted BMW and received this:

Thanks for getting back in touch about the information shown on your Connected app.

I’m afraid, due to the head unit in your car as yours is called iDrive 4, the information for fuel level and range won’t be available to view on the connected app anymore due to a recent software update. For this feature to be present in the BMW Connected App, your car needs to have iDrive 5 or anything newer - Unfortunately, there is no retrofit available which allows you to upgrade your iDrive.

I’m sorry for any disappointment this may cause.

Doesn't feel like progress!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 02:46 AM   #2
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

It's not the app that is shit. It's the lack of support for older iDrives. Sounds Apple esque forcing people to upgrade. Agreed though not progress. The Mercedes Me app (talking equivalencies) is ten times better for a ten year old model!!! If they can support older cars with fuel range etc. Why can't BMW be bothered? Back to forcing people to move on to newer I reckon.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 03:22 AM   #3
jonesdg4
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F33 - 2016 M-Sport 420d Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsea_Tractor View Post
It's not the app that is shit. It's the lack of support for older iDrives. Sounds Apple esque forcing people to upgrade. Agreed though not progress. The Mercedes Me app (talking equivalencies) is ten times better for a ten year old model!!! If they can support older cars with fuel range etc. Why can't BMW be bothered? Back to forcing people to move on to newer I reckon.
Really think that BMW - a supposedly superior brand are falling behind the likes of ford, VW, and even dare I say Kia and the likes.
Think you get a lot more for your money with other brands now - and the service is often better or at least on par with BMW.
The customer service used to be much better but alas no more!
Appreciate 1
Soul_Glo13373.50
      07-31-2019, 03:56 AM   #4
Abzynthe
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i Gran Coupe LCI

Is it a big deal that you cant see how much fuel you have in the car on an app?

Just use the app for what it is, not what it could be. Will be a lot less stress
      07-31-2019, 04:23 AM   #5
Dave-ncl
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 320d Black Shadow Edition

A few days back I tried to register my car. It wouldn't recognise or add after submitting the last 7 digits of the vin.

I called BMW and was told the app had a glitch they were working on and I should do it via a browser.

I managed to get my car added in the hope of some free map updates as the car is in warranty but initially it showed a price of £79 for 12 months. I then saw a box to add my reg. After that refreshed the box became restricted and now said it wasn't available for my vehicle.

There seems to be loads of £1 for the 1st month offers on music subscriptions etc... but nothing much else.

So a little disappointed I'm still no further forward with any map updates I might be entitled to.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 04:46 AM   #6
RobUK
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 340i MPPSK

Garage List
I have NBT Evo ID4 in my MY15 340i (i.e. I don't have the tiles) yet I still get info in the Connected app e.g.
Attached Images

Life is a state of mind
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 04:58 AM   #7
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesdg4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsea_Tractor View Post
Really think that BMW - a supposedly superior brand are falling behind the likes of ford, VW, and even dare I say Kia and the likes.
Think you get a lot more for your money with other brands now - and the service is often better or at least on par with BMW.
The customer service used to be much better but alas no more!
The customer service is all kids. It's UK based but they are young, dumb and, full of cum. I have been sent a different customers details twice by them. God knows how they have stored mine. When I complained they tried to cover it up and prevent it from getting to the head of customer service. Shame to see such a prestigious brand being let down by their crock of shoite customer service.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 07:09 AM   #8
APJ
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 435d M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2JPW View Post
Has anyone else recently noticed that there is less info on BMW Connected App?
I contacted BMW and received this:

Thanks for getting back in touch about the information shown on your Connected app.

I’m afraid, due to the head unit in your car as yours is called iDrive 4, the information for fuel level and range won’t be available to view on the connected app anymore due to a recent software update. For this feature to be present in the BMW Connected App, your car needs to have iDrive 5 or anything newer - Unfortunately, there is no retrofit available which allows you to upgrade your iDrive.

I’m sorry for any disappointment this may cause.

Doesn't feel like progress!
I've had the same problem with my ID4, never seen Fuel and Range for a year since i bought the car, but after trawling through many a BMW forum about it, found out that some did some didn't with no explanations. Then randomly, i connected the phone into the central usb under the armrest (think i might have done it to play spotify, can't remember), then all of a sudden, voila, Fuel Range and Mileage all appeared, first time in a year. So i find if you connect your phone to the car, then they appear. But you do have to keep connecting it to your car, for it to update the figures, it won't just do it. Hope it works for you.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 07:34 AM   #9
anyuser
Private
Rep
Drives: 340i

Plus, with my ID4, I have to have the BMW app open in the foreground for the fuel and range to update.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 07:40 AM   #10
Love_Hounds
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by APJ View Post
I've had the same problem with my ID4, never seen Fuel and Range for a year since i bought the car, but after trawling through many a BMW forum about it, found out that some did some didn't with no explanations. Then randomly, i connected the phone into the central usb under the armrest (think i might have done it to play spotify, can't remember), then all of a sudden, voila, Fuel Range and Mileage all appeared, first time in a year. So i find if you connect your phone to the car, then they appear. But you do have to keep connecting it to your car, for it to update the figures, it won't just do it. Hope it works for you.
Same, USA 2015 328i GT, to get Fuel and Range to update in the app, I have to plug the phone into the USB port in the armrest.