F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Help with strange noise?
Extreme Powerhouse

10-20-2020, 10:15 AM   #1
Tsourisrex
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘15 BMW 320i

Help with strange noise?

Hello everyone! Recently I've been hearing a low pitch "hollow" noise whenever I press the skinny pedal down. I just recently installed a VRSF catless downpipe so it may all just be in my head but it caught me off-guard. I'm in a '15 328i VRSF FMIC+DP, ER chargepipe and stage 2 93 tune. I'll try to attach videos below
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 10:18 AM   #2
Tsourisrex
United_States
Rep

[/IMG]

Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 09:07 AM   #3
snipagang
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 320i xdrive

Garage List
Sounds great to me. Hows the car feel.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 10:09 AM   #4
Tsourisrex
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipagang View Post
Sounds great to me. Hows the car feel.
It's feeling pretty great, especially after the TCU flash. I'm just concerned that there may be an exhaust leak
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 12:50 PM   #5
snipagang
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsourisrex View Post
It's feeling pretty great, especially after the TCU flash. I'm just concerned that there may be an exhaust leak
Ive heard a few dp bmws I dont really hear an issue with yours. Do not take my word for it though as I am not qualified to give advice on this matter...

When you went with DP did the car feel much faster?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 12:53 PM   #6
Tsourisrex
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Ive heard a few dp bmws I dont really hear an issue with yours. Do not take my word for it though as I am not qualified to give advice on this matter...

When you went with DP did the car feel much faster?
Not necessarily faster but much better throttle response, the DP along with a Stage 2 tune really woke the car up
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 01:10 PM   #7
snipagang
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Not necessarily faster but much better throttle response, the DP along with a Stage 2 tune really woke the car up
Odd, people who just do stage 1 say the car feels much faster. I am planning stage 1 very soon. Do you have an intercooler upgrade as well?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 01:19 PM   #8
Tsourisrex
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Odd, people who just do stage 1 say the car feels much faster. I am planning stage 1 very soon. Do you have an intercooler upgrade as well?
I mean yeah the car definitely pulls harder and feels way faster over stock lol if you're having doubts about going stage 1 don't worry, I did it completely stock and it was great...I would think about getting a chargepipe to handle the added boost if you're thinking about running any tune however
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 01:23 PM   #9
snipagang
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I mean yeah the car definitely pulls harder and feels way faster over stock lol if you're having doubts about going stage 1 don't worry, I did it completely stock and it was great...I would think about getting a chargepipe to handle the added boost if you're thinking about running any tune however
Yeah, I will be doing stage 1 and eventually getting a chargepipe. I hope my chargepipe doesnt break. I do still have a warranty so maybe I could relock the dme and get it fixed? Kinda scummy I guess. But yeah chargepipe will likely come with all my stage 2 mods.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 03:00 PM   #10
Tsourisrex
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, I will be doing stage 1 and eventually getting a chargepipe. I hope my chargepipe doesnt break. I do still have a warranty so maybe I could relock the dme and get it fixed? Kinda scummy I guess. But yeah chargepipe will likely come with all my stage 2 mods.
The dealership can tell when the car has been flashed or piggybacked
Appreciate 0