F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 320d 2014 Connected Drive
Studio RSR

09-10-2019, 04:44 PM   #1
David50Bgh
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d 2014

320d 2014 Connected Drive

Looking at the various threads this is a very basic question so apologies ...

I know very little about cars but very keen fan of BMWs as a driver. I have a 2014 320d which has always been brilliant now done 128k and still going perfectly. Everything brill except the Connected Drive has stopped working, just constantly reboots. A garage owner, who I believe is trustworthy, examined the software and said needed to be replaced which is about £1k which on a car of this age not sure seems worth it.

So the question .... should I pursue further the issue of the Connected Drive or given the system is old anyway go for the cheaper option of getting someone to use my iphone 8 to connect to speakers etc as really only the phone and music which bothers me ?

Apologies as very basic question but not sure which way to go ...

Many thanks for any thoughts you may have

David Birmingham UK
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 03:23 AM   #2
mickyle1995
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw 4 series f32 420d

Quote:
Originally Posted by David50Bgh View Post

I know very little about cars but very keen fan of BMWs as a driver. I have a 2014 320d which has always been brilliant now done 128k and still going perfectly. Everything brill except the Connected Drive has stopped working, just constantly reboots. A garage owner, who I believe is trustworthy, examined the software and said needed to be replaced which is about £1k which on a car of this age not sure seems worth it.

So the question .... should I pursue further the issue of the Connected Drive or given the system is old anyway go for the cheaper option of getting someone to use my iphone 8 to connect to speakers etc as really only the phone and music which bothers me ?

David Birmingham UK
as its rebooting you'll most likely need to replace the unit if you're going for business it'll be £250 the most but if you're going down the pro nav route it'll be about £450
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 03:26 AM   #3
mickyle1995
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw 4 series f32 420d

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyle1995 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by David50Bgh View Post

David Birmingham UK
as its rebooting you'll most likely need to replace the unit if you're going for business it'll be £250 the most but if you're going down the pro nav route it'll be about £450
I'm Birmingham based as well so if you need it fitting I can do it
Appreciate 0