F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Shop recommendation for coil adjustment in NY area
Extreme Powerhouse

09-13-2021, 11:36 AM   #1
ManceboF32
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 428i Xdrive M Sport EB II

Shop recommendation for coil adjustment in NY area

Hi!

Looking for a shop that can raise my F32 on KWV1 coils.

Moved from NJ to NY and have blown 2 strut mounts due to the poor road conditions. As BMW won’t touch aftermarket suspension I called several shops and everyone was less than willing to replace the strut mount. I was surprised as I called reputable tuning shops in the area for what is a relatively easy job but they were not interested. Anyway had a friend do it but now I want to raise my car an inch. Called another tuner shop this morning and was told no so before I call anymore places wanted to poll the community here to see if anyone has a reliable shop that does this? Don’t want to do it myself on the side of a road.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 06:40 PM   #2
imperfectluck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 20' F87

Sorry to hear about the blown strut mounts, our roads in NYC truly can be unforgiving and I'm on V2's currently decently lowered so I can relate. Mine were dialed in by Fred & Leo at Motorcepts in Richmond hill Queens if you're in the boroughs would be worth the trip as they've become more than just an Indy over the time that I've started going there.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 11:09 PM   #3
ManceboF32
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 428i Xdrive M Sport EB II

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperfectluck View Post
Sorry to hear about the blown strut mounts, our roads in NYC truly can be unforgiving and I'm on V2's currently decently lowered so I can relate. Mine were dialed in by Fred & Leo at Motorcepts in Richmond hill Queens if you're in the boroughs would be worth the trip as they've become more than just an Indy over the time that I've started going there.
Appreciate it! Will reach out. Thank you for the recommendation.
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2021, 08:39 PM   #4
nterr0r
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i xDrive GC (f36)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManceboF32 View Post
Hi!

Looking for a shop that can raise my F32 on KWV1 coils.

Moved from NJ to NY and have blown 2 strut mounts due to the poor road conditions. As BMW won’t touch aftermarket suspension I called several shops and everyone was less than willing to replace the strut mount. I was surprised as I called reputable tuning shops in the area for what is a relatively easy job but they were not interested. Anyway had a friend do it but now I want to raise my car an inch. Called another tuner shop this morning and was told no so before I call anymore places wanted to poll the community here to see if anyone has a reliable shop that does this? Don’t want to do it myself on the side of a road.

Thanks in advance.
Which shops did you call around? Just curious ... so many shops are con artists nowadays...
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2021, 08:19 PM   #5
Genieman
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: yes please

I've had some stuff done at stance shop in queens. https://instagram.com/the_stance_sho...dium=copy_link
Appreciate 0