F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N47 and N57 Turbodiesel Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > BMW M Performance exhaust system Active Sound for diesel models
GetBMWParts

06-10-2017, 12:41 PM   #45
Jim E.
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Individ: 99 M3, 11 X5d, 16 F31

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbreding View Post
I can't quite tell from the picture. Does this eliminate or still have the scr?
Does not eliminate it at all.
      06-12-2017, 10:56 PM   #46
Mario_Kart
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim E. View Post
I ordered the exhaust that is specific to the US N47 28d. Not sure exactly what the difference are between the 320d and 328d (US) but it fits and looks good on my US 328d.

is the actual exhaust louder than stock or is it the speaker that makes it louder?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2017, 06:41 AM   #47
apocalypsbe
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphicjunkie View Post
I know it's a "real" metal exhaust, and I'm not dreaming of fast and the furious. The little wanna be ricers out there are.

Lol..."don't call it fake when you don't know what it is and how it works."

You said it... a speaker to make it sound better.

I actually have read about it. It's a speaker attached to the exhaust by the tail pipe. Plain and simple. When I first heard about it I had to look it up....I was SURE that it was incorrect. BMW would NEVER do something so hokey.
Unfortunately, I was wrong. I'd rather drive the sleeper that they don't see/hear coming, than put something like this on my car. AKA RICER.

FAKE.
FAIL.

I bet if I were to do a search here, I bet I could find threads making fun of the exhaust clip on that simulates a turbo sound/whistle. Same same.....

I'm not going to keep beating a dead dog, last post about it. More power to ya.
I just can't believe any true enthusiast would see value in something of this nature.
Active Sound is in M4 by default if you take an expensive sound system (for example). You can see it in this YouTube video. That sound is on inside of cabin even, coming through the speakers. I don't have that enabled but depending on type, it can be both exterior and interior apparently. Guess the M4 kinda sucks from your perspective now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqYPwNG0E9Q

Multiple brands and cars are nowadays equiped with or enhanced by other means in terms of exhaust sound.

In the future you won't hear any sound coming from the cars unless it's enhanced by other means. Electric cars get buzz a little bit, where is the fun in that?

When I heard this option was coming, I asked to have it because I find it nicer to listen to this enhanced sound than the standard (pretty boring) sound the exhaust otherwise would produce. Benefit is I can disable/enable whenever I want. So yes, I do see value in having this but that counts for almost each option, do you really need a carbon front splitter? No. Is it nice? In my opinion, yes.

I've never been the type of person who listens to others in terms of what they like or dislike. I'm the only one who has to like whatever I choose to have on my car.

In fact, I'm going to see if I can swap the modules to enhance it further. Apparently different model types (320d, 330d, ...) have different modules. Something to look into along with potential physical modifications to the car to make it perform better.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2017, 11:36 AM   #48
Jim E.
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario_Kart View Post
is the actual exhaust louder than stock or is it the speaker that makes it louder?
There's not an appreciable difference in sound with the new exhaust though I did not take a db measurement.
      06-13-2017, 03:44 PM   #49
graphicjunkie
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 535d Msport Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypsbe View Post
Active Sound is in M4 by default if you take an expensive sound system (for example). You can see it in this YouTube video. That sound is on inside of cabin even, coming through the speakers. I don't have that enabled but depending on type, it can be both exterior and interior apparently. Guess the M4 kinda sucks from your perspective now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqYPwNG0E9Q

Multiple brands and cars are nowadays equiped with or enhanced by other means in terms of exhaust sound.

In the future you won't hear any sound coming from the cars unless it's enhanced by other means. Electric cars get buzz a little bit, where is the fun in that?

When I heard this option was coming, I asked to have it because I find it nicer to listen to this enhanced sound than the standard (pretty boring) sound the exhaust otherwise would produce. Benefit is I can disable/enable whenever I want. So yes, I do see value in having this but that counts for almost each option, do you really need a carbon front splitter? No. Is it nice? In my opinion, yes.

I've never been the type of person who listens to others in terms of what they like or dislike. I'm the only one who has to like whatever I choose to have on my car.

In fact, I'm going to see if I can swap the modules to enhance it further. Apparently different model types (320d, 330d, ...) have different modules. Something to look into along with potential physical modifications to the car to make it perform better.

I still think it's a ricey gimmick at best. I watched that video, and right off the bat found it was amusing that folks don't like it and are deactivating it. Then after listening to that video I'm in disbelieve that intelligent people will actually spend the ridiculous amount of money for that modification, in order to achieve "those" results.
I still say, accept that you own a 4/6 cylinder and spend the money buying the best sport tuned "TRUE" exhaust you can. IT WILL NEVER SOUND DEEP AND THROATY LIKE A V8....

Nor does this hoaky system.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2017, 09:38 PM   #50
Jim E.
First Lieutenant
Rep

Some info re: Active Sound Design attached.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Active sound design.pdf (533.5 KB, 1600 views)
      06-13-2017, 10:18 PM   #51
Mario_Kart
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328

What's the point of this exhaust if it's not any louder than stock? it's kind of dumb to use a speaker on the outside...lol
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 04:31 AM   #52
Nasko000777
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 F16 m50d

new

Quote:
Originally Posted by david51 View Post
I installed the system with subwoofer KUFATEC homemade

http://www.4shared.com/music/2P-1NSTYba/bmw_F30.html
Hi David , how are connected the wires to ADS? i tried pin 1 and 2 as per BMW I8 wireng diagram but there is no sound from the speaker.
do you need and coding?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 05:39 AM   #53
david51
Captain
France
Rep
Drives: bmw M3 F80

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasko000777 View Post
Hi David , how are connected the wires to ADS? i tried pin 1 and 2 as per BMW I8 wireng diagram but there is no sound from the speaker.
do you need and coding?
I installed the system KUFATEC not ADS
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2020, 05:49 PM   #54
Najainitro
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 316d F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by david51 View Post
I installed the system KUFATEC not ADS
Hi David

Wow really interested in this... how did you make it and do you have any tutorials or posts on it? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2020, 04:49 AM   #55
david51
Captain
France
Rep
Drives: bmw M3 F80

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Najainitro View Post
Hi David

Wow really interested in this... how did you make it and do you have any tutorials or posts on it? Thanks

I did not do tutorial but here is the manual

https://www.insideperformance.de/med...erformance.pdf
Appreciate 0